Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

need tech help on 2 misfiring cylinders

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Squid4Life 
#1 ·
alright....my 1 and 2 cylinder seem to be misfiring...bike sounds choppy and the plugs are fauled out...seems to have spark eventhough its hard to get a ground on there....

what are some steps to take to trace down the problem...also i was told for a 2001 gsxr 1000, it might be something ecu side? is it worth it to go to dealer and have them hook the diagnois tool up or will it just say 1 and 2 are missing?

i just got some more ngk plugs and replaced all 4...but throttle is still choppy...also tried to play around with the coil's by interchanging them but i cant tell if its making a difference...compression doesnt seem to be a problem, i sorta guess-ta-mated by sticking my hand over the butterfly intake tubes and they all feel about the same...

#2 ·
YOU CAN CHECK THE RESISTANCE ON THE COILS MAKE SURE THERE ALL THE SAME. ALSO TO SEE WHICH CYLINDERS ARENT WORKING YOU CAN CHECK THE EXHAUST HEADER TEMPS LESS TEMP MEANS LESS WORK
YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK SWITCHING COILS TO SEE IF THE FAULT TRANSFERS ITSELF. ALSO CAN YOU BORROW AN ECU TO TRY

#5 ·
ok i started the bike up...then pulled number 1 cylinder fuel injector harness plug...nothing different...then pulled number 2 cylinder...nothing different....PLugged both back in and then pulled 3 and the bike died....plugged back in and started....pulled number 4 and it died....i cant seem to find one of those Noide LED lights for testing the injector harness..what should i do now????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.