GSX-R1000 Performance Questions Here! - Page 56 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1101 of 1104 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: RIP El Toro. Long live new bike BIG FOXIE! Ex KWS AMA 08 GSXR1000
Re: GSX-R1000 Performance Questions Here!

Glad to be back.

Yep, reversion (from cam timing, exhaust setup or airbox harmonics) could cause that. Seems like the effects often happen at multiples of about 4k..... ie, 4k, 8k, 12k, etc..... plus or minus a few hundred RPM.... just as a generality.... its late, i'm tired, i'll try to explain more later

As for the charts, yes, I love the fact that they show the whole throttle range. 100% throttle dyno charts are better than nothing, but..... really are more bragging rights than anything else.

Who gives a shit if the bike makes awesome power at 100% wide open throttle, but is so jerky and sloppy that you take forever to get to 100% throttle because you're worried about high siding yourself before u get there?

I'd rather have a little less 100% power, and SMOOTH, LINEAR, PREDICTABLE power between 0-80% throttle...... specifically 0-40 percent or so.... and the higher HP the bike, the lower than percentage is. On a built 1000, you better have that bike stood up pretty well straight up and down before u try going past half throttle...... on mine its either wheelie or wheelspin in the first 3 gears.... and thats straight up and down....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1102 of 1104 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Squid

What kind of leak down numbers should I be getting for a K3 1000? Should the test be done hot or cold motor or does it matter?
post #1103 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 1000
Garage

I've got a 2006 gsxr 1000, with an M4 full exhaust, its not tuned or has a power commander. It obviously needs a tune, it still runs great but needs a tune.

I have someone that can flash the ECU without a power commander, he will dyno it and flash the ECU.

Or

I can get a power commander and download a tune, whats the better option?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1104 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Squid

Can anyone tell me which is which for adjustment on fork suspension the clickers do what? The lines do what?? And the clickers at the bottom do what???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode