GSX-R1000 Performance Questions Here! - Page 3 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Superbike

Motorcycle: Lots of stuff...
Re: GSX-R1000 Performance Questions Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
keeping Ben ?

what series ? what bikes ? 2nd rider ???

its cool if you cant say yet

thats great news Chip , from all the teams (NON Factory) you guys have an Amazing program ! (also have lots of respect for the Pegram family)

i would say IMO 2008 was the best season you guys had in years

still dissapointed that Suzuki, Kawasaki and now (as todays press) Honda teams are out .... anything can happen ...

Thank you very much. You have no idea how much it means to us when people notice.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything at this point, but stay tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Starfish

Motorcycle: 06 kws gsxr 1143 stroker track, 11 gsxr 600 street, 09 drz400sm street/dirt

chip i sent you a pm

j
post #43 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: GSXIOOO K6, HONDA BLACKBIRD

You bloody ball tearer, I haven,t laughed so hard in weeks!
IN RELATION TO THE NOISY CAMS QUESTION.

Last edited by JUST ME!; 12-14-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Redneck Rider

Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha Zuma 155 2010 Yamaha Zuma 155

I know you are a big fan of ceramic bearings, how about the reliability of them for main and rods. I have always used stock bearings, never used ceramic. In a motor going for good power but also reliability would you suggest ceramic. Not wanting to gain a few more horse at the cost of reliability.
post #45 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUST ME! View Post
You bloody ball tearer, I haven,t laughed so hard in weeks!
IN RELATION TO THE NOISY CAMS QUESTION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles05 View Post
I know you are a big fan of ceramic bearings, how about the reliability of them for main and rods. I have always used stock bearings, never used ceramic. In a motor going for good power but also reliability would you suggest ceramic. Not wanting to gain a few more horse at the cost of reliability.
Hi Chuck!

Get the motor in yet?

They make ceramic transmission bearings...but not ceramic main and rod bearings.

The ceramic trans bearings are really nice. Less friction and they last forever.
post #46 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K6 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

The ceramic trans bearings are really nice. Less friction and they last forever.
...and the ceramic wheels bearings?
post #47 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Redneck Rider

Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha Zuma 155 2010 Yamaha Zuma 155

Quote:

Hi Chuck!

Get the motor in yet?

They make ceramic transmission bearings...but not ceramic main and rod bearings.

Oh ok got yea, never have looked much into the ceramic bearings so don't know anything about them, I'll probably try them in the tranny though.

No not yet, I have all of the parts except for the case back from millenium, I sent both my case and the 14 at the same time so I'm sure it will take a little while untill I get them back, but will deffinatly be wrapping it up asap once I do get it.
post #48 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Squid

Hi , I am in Brazil , and i have a 06 GSX R 1000 its stock , but i am planning to put Yoshi TRC Full , K&N , and Iridium Plugs , i know if i want to max out HP i will need some fuel manegement but i wonder if its mandatory , i will hurt the engine if i don t use any ???
I still have some benefit from the changes ??
Thanks
biggrin
post #49 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Squid

[[email protected];3368640]I really like the LeoVince stuff. The single sided factory system has produced the most gains on our dyno.

www.leovinceusa.com

Chip,

Just wondering if you are talking about the Factory Corsa racing Ti system or just the normal Factory Full Ti system. Any thought about the difference (what would I need to have installed on the bike to maximize the Corsa system) between the two. Is the Yoshimura full Ti system far behind?

Thanks
post #50 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom929 View Post
...and the ceramic wheels bearings?
Yes. The wheel bearings are awesome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles05 View Post
Oh ok got yea, never have looked much into the ceramic bearings so don't know anything about them, I'll probably try them in the tranny though.

No not yet, I have all of the parts except for the case back from millenium, I sent both my case and the 14 at the same time so I'm sure it will take a little while untill I get them back, but will deffinatly be wrapping it up asap once I do get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanka View Post
Hi , I am in Brazil , and i have a 06 GSX R 1000 its stock , but i am planning to put Yoshi TRC Full , K&N , and Iridium Plugs , i know if i want to max out HP i will need some fuel manegement but i wonder if its mandatory , i will hurt the engine if i don t use any ???
I still have some benefit from the changes ??
Thanks
biggrin
Read the first post of this thread.

[quote=nsanerydah;3400239]
Quote:
I really like the LeoVince stuff. The single sided factory system has produced the most gains on our dyno.

www.leovinceusa.com

Chip,

Just wondering if you are talking about the Factory Corsa racing Ti system or just the normal Factory Full Ti system. Any thought about the difference (what would I need to have installed on the bike to maximize the Corsa system) between the two. Is the Yoshimura full Ti system far behind?

Thanks
The Factory system. It is a stainless single sided system that retails for a little over a grand.

The Corsa system is a dual Ti system that retails for over $2K! Not worth the price unless you are racing.
post #51 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: K7,K5,K5 race bike, 1999 ZX9-R, 1993 GSXR 600, 1989 GSXR Slingshot

Hello, Chip I hope that you can answer this question for me because its not one that I've seen here as of yet. One of my bikes is a k7 and it has that electronic steering damper and whenever I'm out on my bike it just feel really crappy in the front end and my other two k5's I have hyper pro's and they feel way more stable than the k7. My thoughts were to replace the stock one with one of the hyper pro units but is that going to give me an error code of some kind if I disconnect the stock one? thanks for your help

*Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly*
post #52 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 00 R1, 08 G1K

Hey chip i have a weird question for you.

Tranny shafts have circlips to limit the gears side to side movement.

I have heard, but never seen, of people shimming the gears to limit their movement for better operation. Have you ever heard of or done this?

Where do you get valve spring shims from?

It really suprised me when you said valves do not bounce when closing. I had always thought differently. hard to imagine them stopping so fast at such high rpms.

Again, thanks for this thread, and for the time you have spent answering our amature questions.
post #53 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Track Day Winner

wow is it true you'll be on the aprilla next season?
post #54 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:41 AM
Track Day Winner

I am club racing a K7 1000 this year. The bike has been raced in superstock. I am looking for the performace mods that are easy and safe and wouldn't have been allowed in superstock trim.

Should I remove the secondary butterflies? Can the complete motor, sensor & shaft be removed (plugging the holes obviously)?

Any others?
Thanks.
post #55 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750

Hi Chip, I am moving up to a 08 Gixxer thou this year for racing. I am wondering what my options are for traction control on the new bike. As far as I can tell the Yosh EMU does not offer any form of traction control so that leaves me the Bazzaz system and what others if any?

Secondly can a privateer club racer realistically program and effectively use a Bazzaz TC system or do I need an in-house nerd herd to write algorithms to keep me off my head? I am way too old to Jorge Lorenzo myself to the moon each weekend dialing the thing in.

Last season when I was racing my 750 in the open class races I noticed that most or the 1000cc Bazzaz TC equiped bikes were still cutting the igntion long after the bike was fully upright which leads me to conclude the system was either not set up properly or the system is not complex enough to to be effective on corner exits and in WFO stituations where some spin is ok. Your thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rod Snyder #12
TPL Racing

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to:

Formula Suzuki (Canada), Heinen's Suzuki (USA), Capitol Motosports, Freightliner Manitoba, Morrel Racing, Bridgestone, Arlen Ness, Spy Optics
post #56 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclejoe View Post
Hello, Chip I hope that you can answer this question for me because its not one that I've seen here as of yet. One of my bikes is a k7 and it has that electronic steering damper and whenever I'm out on my bike it just feel really crappy in the front end and my other two k5's I have hyper pro's and they feel way more stable than the k7. My thoughts were to replace the stock one with one of the hyper pro units but is that going to give me an error code of some kind if I disconnect the stock one? thanks for your help
Toss the damper, and leave the soilinoid connected to the harness and then zip tie it to the upper brace. Thats the easy way.

The expensive way is to buy an EM Pro and then turn the damper off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEMANRACING View Post
Hey chip i have a weird question for you.

Tranny shafts have circlips to limit the gears side to side movement.

I have heard, but never seen, of people shimming the gears to limit their movement for better operation. Have you ever heard of or done this?

Where do you get valve spring shims from?

It really suprised me when you said valves do not bounce when closing. I had always thought differently. hard to imagine them stopping so fast at such high rpms.

Again, thanks for this thread, and for the time you have spent answering our amature questions.
Transmissions. Yes. We have shimed transmissions to promote better wear.

Valve Spring shims are available from a ton of different places. Valve spring maufactures are typicaly a good source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke750 View Post
wow is it true you'll be on the aprilla next season?
Yep. Check Roadracing World, Superbikeplanet, or cyclenews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doca View Post
I am club racing a K7 1000 this year. The bike has been raced in superstock. I am looking for the performace mods that are easy and safe and wouldn't have been allowed in superstock trim.

Should I remove the secondary butterflies? Can the complete motor, sensor & shaft be removed (plugging the holes obviously)?

Any others?
Thanks.
Nope. Leave the secondary butterflies in place. There is very little hp gain and it makes the bike worse in part throttle applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akillya View Post
Hi Chip, I am moving up to a 08 Gixxer thou this year for racing. I am wondering what my options are for traction control on the new bike. As far as I can tell the Yosh EMU does not offer any form of traction control so that leaves me the Bazzaz system and what others if any?

Secondly can a privateer club racer realistically program and effectively use a Bazzaz TC system or do I need an in-house nerd herd to write algorithms to keep me off my head? I am way too old to Jorge Lorenzo myself to the moon each weekend dialing the thing in.

Last season when I was racing my 750 in the open class races I noticed that most or the 1000cc Bazzaz TC equiped bikes were still cutting the igntion long after the bike was fully upright which leads me to conclude the system was either not set up properly or the system is not complex enough to to be effective on corner exits and in WFO stituations where some spin is ok. Your thoughts?
The Bazzaz system is the cheapest, most effective, and user freindly system out.

IT IS NOT A SAFETY DEVICE! You can still highside yourself to the moon.

TC is like suspension. You tune it constantly and there is no absolute right answer. It is what ever works best for you.

Chip Spalding

Us On Facebook[/URL]
post #57 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Track Day Winner

hi,
i have a gixxer 1000 K6 track bike
yoshi str ytpe r cams
are ready to be installed
(+motty +stacks +full yoshi TIT exhaust +ram air)
where should the compression go?
13? 13.5?
can i use a gasket for that?
or should i lower the head?
and if 2nd how much should i?
100 thanks for your reply

Last edited by maron; 12-22-2008 at 04:57 AM.
post #58 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Starfish

Motorcycle: 06 kws gsxr 1143 stroker track, 11 gsxr 600 street, 09 drz400sm street/dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by maron View Post
hi,
yoshi str ytpe r cams
13? 13.5?
you may want to do headwork with that for the best gains

j
post #59 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Superbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by maron View Post
hi,
yoshi str ytpe r cams
13? 13.5?
What type of fuel and how long do you want it to last?
post #60 of 1104 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Track Day Winner

i want it to last
gas fuell from local fuel station
headwork.........i am seriously thinking about it
but unfortunately i can not find a person who really knows this things here in greece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode