Season's Greetings - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Hello everyone,

My passion for two wheels started a little over three years ago when I got some friends together and did the CBT as a day out kinda thing. I really enjoyed being on that CG125 and decided to some day have a motorcycle of my own. A year later, I had some time off work and some spare cash so, with no experience other than that CBT, went for a fresh CBT and a 4-day Direct Access to successfully unlock the motorcycle world in its entirety in one fell swoop.
About a month afterwards, while browsing motorcycles, I decided to have a look at a blue/white K6 GSX-R1000 for sale in Wembley. Wasn't seriously thinking on buying it, just wanted to see what it's like.
The bike was all original save for the windshield, and appeared to be in an almost scratchless condition. But most of all, the sexiness of this bike is what pulled me in. I bought it there and then, with no test ride: the dealer wouldn't let me ride it, with the lack of any riding experience, and I was convinced the bike was in great condition.

Two and a half years later, I'm loving riding my bike more and more each day. She's in need of some mechanical attention at the moment, but I've put 8000 miles on her and been to some beautiful places. I absolutely love my GSX-R.

A pleasure to meet you all!

Last edited by Bahn; 05-16-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:11 AM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage
Re: Season's Greetings

Welcome! Please be careful. Your bike and "inexperience" do not mix very well.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 AM
Track Day Winner

Have fun be safe! Don’t forget Maintenance to the bike is a huge part of safety and reliability.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
Welcome! Please be careful. Your bike and "inexperience" do not mix very well.
Thank you! I appreciate your concern. It has been a steep learning curve for sure but I don't think everyone would be comfortable learning how to ride on a superbike. I have developed a love and respect for my machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhilly View Post
Have fun be safe! Don’t forget Maintenance to the bike is a huge part of safety and reliability.
Cheers dude. I'm keeping on top of routine maintenance, but have had to service the fuel pump and starter motor recently. Finding time after work to give the bike some TLC is difficult, especially since I don't have the luxury of a garage and it'll be raining over the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode