New! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: K6 1000 K7 750
New!

What's up everyone? Craig here, new to the board, as well as the bike community. Always wanted a bike since my pops owned an SRAD some time ago, promised myself after I dropped a hundred lbs I'd reward myself.

I hit my mark and immediately enrolled in the BRC course last weekend, purchased the bike Monday. Took a 2 1/2 hr drive to pick it up and rode it home. 2007 GSXR-750. Loving every second of it! I'll be taking the BRC #2 next weekend, followed by the Advanced rider course the weekend after.

There's a LOT I still don't know about this bike, so I'm looking forward to chatting and gaining knowledge with y'all on this board!

- Champ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5973.jpg (101.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5974.jpg (100.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5982.jpg (36.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5984.jpg (54.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 05:08 AM
LOVES old ass '85-'92 GSXR's,HATES new GSXR's

Motorcycle: GSXR K4 600
Garage
Re: New!

Hello

So, is that your first bike? I gotta warn you that these guys don't really like if someone gets a gixxer as his first bike Been there done that!

Nice porsche btw, is that yours?

Ride safe!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

What's up man, how goes it?

First sport bike, yes. I'll probably take a lil bit of heat, that's all good though. However, I do have experience riding. And yes indeed, the Cayenne is mine. The TT V8 swallows gas by the gallon so it doesn't get driven much haha
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 05:54 AM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Welcome to the site. Starting your riding career on a 750 is a bad idea. Put the bike to the side, and get something small to learn on, like a Yamaha R3 or Ninja 300. Put at least 10,000 miles on one of those, then move up.

Please go read all of the stickies in "The Starting Line" section of the forum, especially the one called "Why Respecting The Bike Is Bullshit", and you will realize why you made a poor choice.

Do this to avoid hurting yourself, or even worse, innocent people around you.

Last edited by Anthony D; 08-22-2016 at 05:56 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D View Post
Welcome to the site. Starting your riding career on a 750 is a bad idea. Put the bike to the side, and get something small to learn on, like a Yamaha R3 or Ninja 300. Put at least 10,000 miles on one of those, then move up.

Please go read all of the stickies in "The Starting Line" section of the forum, especially the one called "Why Respecting The Bike Is Bullshit", and you will realize why you made a poor choice.

Do this to avoid hurting yourself, or even worse, innocent people around you.
I'm not sure I'd classify it as starting my riding career, more so my own bike. Just up until summer of last year I was doing my riding on my pops bike (pops quit riding about 6 mos after he bought the new bike, and I pretty much took it over) An 04 Katana 600. I'd say from between Junior year in HS (2010) up until late last summer before it was sold, I'd logged around 8k miles. I just had never taken the test to become officially endorsed. Definitely a lot more of a forgiving machine then the R750, but with no hiccups thus far I feel I'm better prepped. Sorry I did such a poor job explaining.

I promised myself if I feel at anytime I feel outmatched (not sure that's the word I'm looking for) I'd sell the bike, downsize and start the process over.

Last edited by ChampC; 08-22-2016 at 06:31 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 06:38 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Garage

Welcome matey. GSXR 750 is a rocket ship. Some of these guys in this forum have some serious heavy duty miles under their belts and they are very experienced in both riding and mechanics of the machine. Me personally been riding for about 16 years and the last 10 years on litre bikes. I don't second guess these people' judgements and I always take their advice and came out on top :-)

Be safe and ride safe buddy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Hello! And definitely, I'll always respect others opinions, especially those with so much more experience then myself. My original posting had made it seem like I came from little to no experience and I wanted to clarify that I did indeed have some mileage under my belt, even if that still seems to not be enough.

I'm all ears, and I wholeheartedly appreciate the words!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode