Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Stop sale & Delivery new/used GSXR's brake MC recall

112K views 440 replies 120 participants last post by  BillV 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Removed to avoid confusion.

#2 ·
Stop Sale & Delivery New/Used GSXR's!!!

Just got this in, thought you guys might be interested....
Chris

All new or Used 2004* thru 2013 GSXR models
1000 2005-2013
750 2004-2013
600 2004-2013

Suzuki Motor Corporation has instituted a safety recall campaign to replace the front brake master cylinder. The brake
piston inside the front brake master cylinder of some motorcycles may not have received adequate surface treatment to
prevent corrosion. Corrosion of the brake piston generates gas, which may not be adequately purged from the master
cylinder due to the side position location of the reservoir return port. To ensure customer safety and satisfaction, dealers
will replace the front brake master cylinder and brake fluid.
Technical Service Bulletin:
Servicing information regarding this safety recall will be available in a Technical Service Bulletin the week of
October 28, 2013.
Parts Availability:
Dealers will be able to order the necessary parts to perform this recall campaign beginning approximately the week of
November 4, 2013. Adequate supplies of parts will be available at that time to ensure your ability to service all your
affected units. Your dealership may immediately resume retail sales once the recall campaign is completed.

#15 ·
Re: Stop Sale & Delivery New/Used GSXR's!!!

Just got this in, thought you guys might be interested....
Chris

Technical Service Bulletin:
Servicing information regarding this safety recall will be available in a Technical Service Bulletin the week of
October 28, 2013.
Probably waiting another week like said above

#3 ·

Thanks Chris. Just called the local dealer. Because of you I knew more then he did!

#4 ·

Wow! That's a huge recall! I would imagine even has Toyota's floormats beat. I wonder what brought this on?

#5 ·

That's a great post Chris! Thanks for letting us know!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·

Great info Chris thanks!!!
Im probably shit outta luck with my 05 though...there is NO way in hell Im leaving that bike at ANY dealer...I can just see the 20something service tech's eyes light up when a turbo 1000 comes in rolling thru the door for a MC change:banghead
I've asked my dealer with previous recalls if they will give me the part so I can do the install yself and I got "the look" and a firm NO! in reply.

#43 ·

Great info Chris thanks!!!
Im probably shit outta luck with my 05 though...there is NO way in hell Im leaving that bike at ANY dealer...I can just see the 20something service tech's eyes light up when a turbo 1000 comes in rolling thru the door for a MC change:banghead
I've asked my dealer with previous recalls if they will give me the part so I can do the install yself and I got "the look" and a firm NO! in reply.
should be able to watch them do the work. tell them you'll wait.

#13 ·

huh, no wonder everybody always said suzuki's master cylinders were weakest link of braking system.
Exactly. Ive chalked up the MC on my K5 as to simply needing a rebuild because it is old&constantly spongy....BUT,the master on my L3 is the same. It came from the dealer spongy,I bled em 2x in 400mi and its right back to being spongy. Suzuki can do better:(

#14 ·

I just called my dealer and they didn't know anything about it, said that they looked up my VIN and there are no current recalls for it. Will there be a time that this information is given to the dealer? Perhaps its not dispersed to everyone at once?

#16 ·

Look guys it's legit, I have never lied to you. More information will be available soon, week of the 28th, with parts Nov 4th.
Your dealers may not know about it yet, some just are not in the loop, slow down, breathe, it's not like your brakes are going to suddenly fail tonight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#18 ·

Look guys it's legit, I have never lied to you.*

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
*Well,you did tell me Anthony was NOT teh ghey&did NOT enjoy camping..he happens to be very fluent with both activities:biggrin

#23 ·

Shit, I've got to get in touch with the guy who stole my K7 600. I bet he doesn't know about this.

( I don't get credit for that one. It was the wife's quality wit at work. )

Seriously, it's nice to have access to this level of info. Just another perk of this site.

#34 ·

I wonder what kind of oil they were using? Seems like some of those issues might have been lubricant related :dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.