Appetite suppressants : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Health & Fitness

Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Appetite suppressants

Anyone use any that actually work and won't make my heart explode?
Ironhead401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
SVS
drunk texts OG and Oldfart

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R
Re: Appetite suppressants

Dihydrogen Monoxide.
SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

I don't try to suppress my appetite, I just eat cleaner. I find that eating more of better things works better than eating less of worse things.

Does your diet currently look like garbage?
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Chocolate_Rain
I move away from the mic

Motorcycle: 2006 R1 50th

Majority of people assume that when their stomach is saying "feed me," they are simply dehydrated.
Chocolate_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
berencam
Rookie

Motorcycle: 07 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS View Post
Dihydrogen Monoxide.
That stuffs toxic yo.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

berencam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Black9label13
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 95' 750W(gone), 89 Gs500e(siiiiiick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berencam View Post
That stuffs toxic yo.

wel...it will work and his heart wont explode. Can't eat if you're dead.
Black9label13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
ds5381
Rookie

Motorcycle: obviously OG's dogs.

Coffee with skim milk and no sugar.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
ds5381 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
I don't try to suppress my appetite, I just eat cleaner. I find that eating more of better things works better than eating less of worse things.

Does your diet currently look like garbage?
No, not garbage, but I know I could eat better. What is killing me is eating too many carbs but especially too many carbs at night. I usually eat a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon wheat things or Quaker granola, lunch I will eat a lunch meat sandwich and some checks mix. Dinner is either grilled chicken, Turkey or chicken burgers on the grill w/roll, steak etc. Once every couple of weeks will be pizza at night or beef hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. I don't really drink alcohol. Once in a blue moon if out with friends I will have a couple of beers, but I don't drink at home. I don't drink regular soda. Mostly diet soda and water.

I keep weird hours. I usually go to bed at 2am and up at 9 or 10. So at around midnight, I am fucking starving and that is when I snack. Sometimes it's another bowl of cereal, chips and salsa, saltines and deli cheese etc.

I workout 3 - 4 times a week but I am plateaued at about 200 lbs, which isn't heavy for me, but ideally want to be around 190.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black9label13 View Post
wel...it will work and his heart wont explode. Can't eat if you're dead.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

It looks like you have basically zero vegetables in there. More vegetables and more water. Make any carbs be whole wheat/complex carbs. You are eating too much sugar/simple carbs. Not to mention a decent amount of shitty protein sources (hamburgers and hot dogs). Eat more fish. Get more healthy fats into your system.

And I'll repeat, get more vegetables in. Especially dark green and leafy ones. Broccoli and celery are both calorie negative. i.e. you can eat as much of them as you want, you body uses more calories to process them than the actual calories content in them.

If you are going to snack at night, get some almonds and munch on them (or low fat/sodium cottage cheese) instead of eating sugar laden cereals and crackers and chips and garbage.

CCS AM #478

Last edited by SPL170db; 05-29-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
It looks like you have basically zero vegetables in there. More vegetables and more water. Make any carbs be whole wheat/complex carbs. You are eating too much sugar/simple carbs. Not to mention a decent amount of shitty protein sources (hamburgers and hot dogs). Eat more fish. Get more healthy fats into your system.

And I'll repeat, get more vegetables in. Especially dark green and leafy ones. Broccoli and celery are both calorie negative. i.e. you can eat as much of them as you want, you body uses more calories to process them than the actual calories content in them.

If you are going to snack at night, get some almonds and munch on them (or low fat/sodium cottage cheese) instead of eating sugar laden cereals and crackers and chips and garbage.
Definitely need more vegetables, I just dislike most of them. I love almonds but stayed away from them at night because of the high calorie and fat content.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by berencam View Post
That stuffs toxic yo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Almonds have good fats, they are calorie dense but you're not meant to eat a ton of them at night. They are far better for you than the late night snacks you mentioned up there.

Eat more vegetables, you'll start to like them. You're an adult now, not an 11 year old kid lol
Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Almonds have good fats, they are calorie dense but you're not meant to eat a ton of them at night. They are far better for you than the late night snacks you mentioned up there.

Eat more vegetables, you'll start to like them. You're an adult now, not an 11 year old kid lol
Old 05-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Cassidy
Rookie

Motorcycle: K9 750

Lol well ill shoot but im sure ill get the same response, I have been trying to change to a healthier diet but have always been a meat and potatoes kind of person. I have cleaned up my meats and liquids but I just can't seem to add any vegetables. I literally threw up at dinner last night just from the smell of green beans. I have been drinking V8 as an alternative but Im not convinced im getting enough vegetables. Any alternatives or a Meal plan that excludes/uses minimal vegetables?
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
Lol well ill shoot but im sure ill get the same response, I have been trying to change to a healthier diet but have always been a meat and potatoes kind of person. I have cleaned up my meats and liquids but I just can't seem to add any vegetables. I literally threw up at dinner last night just from the smell of green beans. I have been drinking V8 as an alternative but Im not convinced im getting enough vegetables. Any alternatives or a Meal plan that excludes/uses minimal vegetables?
Ever think of juicing or using a blender. I used my blender and it has helped me consume more vegetables but I procrastinate making it.

I throw a handful of kale, some baby carrots, half a cucumber, stalk of celerey 1 1/2 gala apples, 1 banana and water. It looks funky but it actually tastes good and I enjoy it. The apple and banana really help the taste. Drinking it cold is better btw. Just need to get myself to make it on a regular basis.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
Cassidy
Rookie

Honestly have never tried to juice it or considered it for that fact but I guess it makes since. IM drinking V8 anyways might as well try the real thing. Im not sure what it is with vegetables as I have always been this way, and its generally only the greener ones that affect me to the point of vomiting.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Honestly have never tried to juice it or considered it for that fact but I guess it makes since. IM drinking V8 anyways might as well try the real thing. Im not sure what it is with vegetables as I have always been this way, and its generally only the greener ones that affect me to the point of vomiting.
I hate them too. I will eat lettuce, cucumber and celery, but green beans, peas, asparagus etc. make me want to vomit like an 11 y/o kid too. Kale is awesome for you and this was the only way I would be able to consume it.

*edit Go on netflix and watch "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". It has to do with juicing and is pretty inspiring.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
Cassidy
Rookie

Lol thats literally almost me exactly, minus the cucumber.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
berencam
Rookie

Motorcycle: 07 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post

Click on the link and actually read it. I realize what dihydrogen monoxide is.

I guess I forgot to add /sarcasm after my post. Lol
berencam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #20
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Lol thats literally almost me exactly, minus the cucumber.
Funny story. Ironically I was probably around 11 y/o and was eating dinner at my friends house. His dad cooked and included asparagus. When he asked me if I wanted some, I told him no thank you. So he then began to scoop a big portion of asparagus onto my plate and told me I get "the no thank you portion". I threw up on my plate after trying to eat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement