Newbie : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > The Starting Line< =======

Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
supermilano
Squid

My name is Nam I have been riding for a while now, use to ride supermoto competitively. Then the decline of supermotos really is what got me away from it or else I'd still be doing it. I just picked up a k7 GSXR 1000
Some previous bikes I use to own not in any specific order
2006 Husqvarna 510SMR
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2007 GSXR 600
2006 Yamaha R1
2008 Honda CRF 450 Supermoto
2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
2009 Vespa Piaggio 150
2008 Honda Ruckus
2008 Ducati 1098

Some of you guys might recognize the name from different car boards also that I frequent since bikes and cars always seems to go hand in hand.

supermilano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

Motorcycle: GS750TZ, GSX-R750Y (Gone)
Re: Newbie

Welcome! Interesting bikes you've ridden. The one that caught my attention was the Vespa only because I lived in Italy for a couple of years. On our family trips to Florence and Rome, there were tons of those type mopeds.

Riders were very cautious of drivers like me. They would be riding next to me and as I made a turn, so did they. You had to be there cause it was in unison.

Anyway, those are wicked colors on your bike. Enjoy your way around here.

Ed
GSXR7ED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Motionelco
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750
Welcome to the site, that bike looks awesome. Lone that color combo . Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Motionelco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
wetmoney
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R600 (K6)

welcome!
Honda Ruckus FTW!
wetmoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
supermilano
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
Welcome! Interesting bikes you've ridden. The one that caught my attention was the Vespa only because I lived in Italy for a couple of years. On our family trips to Florence and Rome, there were tons of those type mopeds.

Riders were very cautious of drivers like me. They would be riding next to me and as I made a turn, so did they. You had to be there cause it was in unison.

Anyway, those are wicked colors on your bike. Enjoy your way around here.

Ed
Man when I was really big into scooters I read about how there was alot in Europe like they would swarm the streets almost and big group rides with full leathers on scooters over there. People make fun of scooters but once you ride one and really I guess "push" on to the limit it's a blast. Get a bunch of buddies with scooters (Ruckus's & Bigger 150cc) Out on a cart track and you will have the time of your life. I have owned alot more than that I dipped my feet into the cruiser world for a while. But to be honest that was one classification of bikes I did not enjoy riding or anything. Feet being far forward and body stretched out didn't feel like I could weigh the peg during a evasive maneuver very well. And I appreciate the compliment on the gsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motionelco View Post
Welcome to the site, that bike looks awesome. Lone that color combo . Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
THanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetmoney View Post
welcome!
Honda Ruckus FTW!
Yes and especially once you squeeze a 250x CRF motor into one or a 150cc scooter motor it will rip. But unfortunately mine was only a dinky 50cc
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Elgix6
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2005 Gsxr 600 Silver and black

Welcome. I rode a scooter once and loved it. I would buy one in a heartbeat if i had the coin.
Elgix6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
supermilano
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgix6 View Post
Welcome. I rode a scooter once and loved it. I would buy one in a heartbeat if i had the coin.

Keep an eye on craiglist you'll stumble across a Taiwenese or Chinese one used for around 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in