Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000

42K views 194 replies 74 participants last post by  nismos14 
#1 ·
Sup guys. I haven't been active lately, well at all. On November 24, 2012 I was in an accident that should have killed me. Some of you may have already seen my video on YouTube (looks like an easy turn on YouTube but not in real life) . I was riding like a fool, a nut but hey we've all been there. This was my first accident AND my last.

I have plans to rebuild her and be back up by summer of 2013. I have never done a rebuild so this will for sure be my first. I will document my rebuild and post videos to YouTube. My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/RiceRocketKev Please subscribe and follow my progress. Here are some pics.

I know some people will give me shit. But hey, I broke it and I'll fix it. :punk

See less See more
1 2
#3 ·
Sup guys. I haven't been active lately, well at all. On November 24, 2012 I was in an accident that should have killed me. Some of you may have already seen my video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUp8...D6oeBKQ1sIRML6pLQIE31T7H1x9sv0w&feature=inbox (looks like an easy turn on YouTube but not in real life) . I was riding like a fool, a nut but hey we've all been there. This was my first accident AND my last.

I have plans to rebuild her and be back up by summer of 2013. I have never done a rebuild so this will for sure be my first. I will document my rebuild and post videos to YouTube. My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/RiceRocketKev Please subscribe and follow my progress. Here are some pics.

I know some people will give me shit. But hey, I broke it and I'll fix it. :punk
So, is it safe to say you've not ridden that road many times over?

#6 ·
Yes, but crashing into a nice runoff filled with gravel and no obsticles is a lot nicer...and a lot better for your health :shifty

I kinda wonder if you had stuck to the right, and then cut in late like you should, whether you would have made that corner. Meh, ah well, good luck with your fixxerupper.

#29 ·
Why not fix what you break? You'd just buy another, huh? The most expensive parts are frame, complete forks, radiator and tank. She'll be up and running by hopefully June 2013.

You're thinking of piecing this poor bike back together? I'm afraid that ship has sailed. :lmao
In the pic, the front of the frame / steering head is still connected to the forks. You busted the whole front of the frame... errrr.... 'OFF'.

I see a lot of JB weld and duct tape in your future.

Attachments

#10 ·
Part wise.. will be more than getting a new bike. Unless you just buy cheapies I guess?

New frame = new title, new vin so.. have to get it registered, transferred, pay taxes.
Basically you have what.. an engine?

So, pick up a blown engine, replace your 1k engine with it.
Call insurance (you should have that.. if you are riding like the above)
Get it totaled.. Get your money, sell 1k motor, buy new(er) bike.

#14 ·
Stop dicking around on the street......if you want to ride like that, take it to Thunderhill, you're only 2 hours away for crissakes.

And yeah, there's no point in rebuilding that, you'll spend more than you would getting another K7 1000 used.

#19 ·
Stop dicking around on the street......if you want to ride like that, take it to Thunderhill, you're only 2 hours away for crissakes.
Gonna' be a lot of pissed riders waiting around for the T-Hill staff to clean up the mess in T8 when he bins it there too. :shifty:lol

#20 ·
Da fuck you rebuilding? That totaled pile of shit? Yeah,good luck with that. Post pics when you do:dissapointed

#21 ·
Wow, I didn't notice the frame snap :eek:hmy

And is that the instrument cluster down by the swingarm? :scratch

#22 ·
wow bad spill ... NEVER say you wont crash again , i said the same thing about three crashes ago !!!
BTW last was at Sandown raceway a month ago , two broken ribs, left thigh muscle ruptured , broken finger and knocked me clean out ...

#23 · (Edited)
What a fucking dick.

Love the shit in the video saying you were 'up in seconds' spidermaning up a cliff, it sounds like you were crying and shit you big girl.

Bin the bike and get another one, you can't rebuild that, it's beyond fucked.

Edit:

Just came across this video of you describing the crash:facepalm

What a failure, where the fuck in the crash video did the bike shake you side to side violently?? Don't try and blame the bike, it was simply your bad riding and inappropriate speed for the roads that caused you to crash, the bike could EASILY have made that corner.

#24 ·
When the video opens and you pass all those people in a straight line, I immediately thought 'inexperienced squid on a fast bike'. You were lucky that no one else in that long string of traffic decided to pass as you're coming by 100mph faster.

The second and just-as-obvious indicator that you shouldn't be on a litrebike was the crash itself. You were in a turn that was easily pulled-off by ANY decent rider but while you're in the oncoming lane(???), in the second or so you had to set-up for the left-right, you target-fixated, froze... and we all saw how that ended.

There's a reason everyone says it's a bad idea to start riding on fast bikes. Until you master turning (confidently), it takes a lot of saddle-time to develop the judgement required to manage the much higher speeds that comes with 150+hp.

There's no reason you should have gone down there, except for what I just stated above. This was your last accident? Not likely, until you overcome your lack of experience, skill and judgement.

Not to bust your balls.... Glad you're OK. Get a smaller bike and learn to ride it.

#26 ·
There's a reason everyone says it's a bad idea to start riding on fast bikes. Until you master turning (confidently), it takes a lot of saddle-time to develop the judgement required to manage the much higher speeds that comes with 150+hp.

There's no reason you should have gone down there, except for what I just stated above. This was your last accident? Not likely, until you overcome your lack of experience, skill and judgement.

Not to bust your balls.... Glad you're OK. Get a smaller bike and learn to ride it.
:stupid I can just imagine it...

Whats that? You are just as likely to wreck on a 250, as you are on a big SS bike? It's all in the wrist, so long as you respect the bike?

You won't wreck like that on a 250, I'm sure...

I'm amazed by the overtaking, looks like some kind of orange Ninja was overtaking in front, right when S. Quid came blasting by...how badly that could have ended at those speeds, like that vid a couple of months back where a guy clipped a trailer at serious speed.

The corner leading up to the crash is interesting. In my mind, you didn't even "finish" the first corner before cutting the lines over for the next one.

I wonder how OP's jimmies are...:lol

#25 ·
No mirrors on the bike,ridiculous gearing as indicated by the inaccurate speedo reading&no skill whatsoever. The only reason you totaled your bike around that gentle curve is simpl: you are the epitome of a squid.

#27 ·
Unfortunately,
we all knew how the vid would end from watching the first few seconds. Seems you were showing out for the group and fucked yourself hard.

Is this a classic case of starting on a liter bike?

#28 ·
Its a pitty too see the bike like that. As everyone already mentioned, the bike could make that turn easily. More saddle time and less "showing off" might have saved you from that crash...

Glad your OK tho.

#35 ·
This is gonna get interesting if he decides to start responding. :wait

and btw, that bike is fuuuuucccckkkkeeeddd. DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR!!

#36 ·
This is gonna get interesting if he decides to start responding. :wait

and btw, that bike is fuuuuucccckkkkeeeddd. DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR!!
Thats what we are all hoping for:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.