Suzuki Automobiles Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R1000 General Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
blue051kguy
!##NULL##!

Suzuki Automobiles Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1..._sales_in_usa/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/05/a...car/#continued

I guess that explains why Suzuki has been having their ass kicked by the other 1000cc manufacturers. (edited due to copyright infringement)

Last edited by blue051kguy; 11-08-2012 at 11:56 AM.
blue051kguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM
Re: Suzuki Automobiles Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

You pitbulled me and as I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
I would say being left in the dust by other manufactures led to this, chapter 11.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
CTFAR-10
Rookie

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000

I know the Japanese are struggling in the world right now and with Suzuki being the smallest of the big four that makes matters worse. But they are really going to hurt if they if they don't go to drawing board and come out with at very least a strong competitor to the zx, Ape or BM. What is really needed is a V4 or good cross plane I4.BNG and zero financing is only going to take you so far. It makes me wonder how in the hell are they going to compete in MotoGP. I know the money doesn't come from Suzuki America but if one faction of a cooperation is hurting that bad it makes you wonder...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
blue051kguy
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
You pitbulled me and as I said:
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Now, hopefully Suzuki can imitate the other great 1000cc bikes on the market an increase power, add ABS and TC, while retaining Suzuki's world class low and midrange torque.
I want to buy another new Gixxer this summer.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000

Imitate? I think you just straight up copied her. Anyway, Suzuki doesn't need to copy anyone. A brand new idea would be better than just going with the crowd...
dylanjacobus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
blue051kguy
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanjacobus View Post
Imitate? I think you just straight up copied her. Anyway, Suzuki doesn't need to copy anyone. A brand new idea would be better than just going with the crowd...
If you are referring to the V4 engine patents that Suzuki filed, I hope you are right. I want a new Suzuki 1k with world beating power to weight ratio, ABS, TC, and the low and mid range torque Suzuki has been known for.

As far as my original post, I edited the words so you can get the sand out of your vagina.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
Knight2211
Unstable SuperMod

Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue051kguy View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/05/a...car/#continued

I guess that explains why Suzuki has been having their ass kicked by the other 1000cc manufacturers. (edited due to copyright infringement)

How many 1000cc motors were they putting in thier cars in America???

Everyone seems to think that this is SMC.....

IT'S NOT!!!
Knight2211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Chocolate_Rain
I move away from the mic

Motorcycle: 2006 R1 50th

I'll put this right here.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=11
Chocolate_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
DeviousDave
Rookie

Suzuki is cutting off the gangrene arm so the rest of the body can live. Businesses do this all the time.

That said, it is very unlikely that I will be buying a Suzuki product for my next bike. I need two motorcycles in the coming years, a multi cylinder adventure bike and another bottle rocket sport bike. I've already had a TL motor in my Bimota so I don't want more of the same in a V-Strom, and I already have a kick ass inline 4 with my K5 1000. My next sport bike will be 'different', and not another product evolution of the 1970s plastic robot toys that the GSXR line has become. Yamaha's next R1 and R6 will be cross-plane 3 cylinders, Honda is going to be selling a 4 cylinder superbike to replace the CBR. Adding traction control, ABS, and another 5hp isn't going to save the GSXR1000. Retail prices for Japanese bikes are now too close to choose yet-another-4-cylinder-sportbike. The retail on a base model panigale or S1000RR, or RSV4 over the cost of a retail Yamaha R1 is only about the cost of a good full titanium exhaust.... What would you have, a slow bike with a pipe, or a really fast one with nice components?
DeviousDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
blue051kguy
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousDave View Post
The retail on a base model panigale or S1000RR, or RSV4 over the cost of a retail Yamaha R1 is only about the cost of a good full titanium exhaust.... What would you have, a slow bike with a pipe, or a really fast one with nice components?
Great post.
But, I do love Suzuki. The Gixxer just fits me like a glove. If Suzuki can deliver world beating mid range power with the addition of ABS and TC, I will buy another one. Also, I like the fact Suzukis are so common because you can get a good deal on them, aftermarket support is huge, and you can "diappear" in a crowd with one.
I just want a wheelie machine with world beating midrange, class leading power to weight, and the addition of full electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Rain View Post
Worthless post.
Like you are the only person who knew about this.
I intentionally posted the info in the 1000cc forum for a discussion on how Suzuki's piss poor economic situation left the Gixxer 1k without major improvement since 2005 and because the 1000cc forums are the only ones that really matter.

Last edited by blue051kguy; 11-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
f2dog
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: Drz470sm, gixxer 1000 K6

What's the point of this tread ?
Btw... Did you ever get a new bike back in 06 ?
f2dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in