Any travelers out there?? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
low600
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 922
Any travelers out there??

So sept 4tn 2013 is my 30th bday. My goal is not to be on US soil come the day.
I keep bouncing back and fourth from going to Iceland, or Ireland spend my bday in the Guinness brewery then head up to Scotland.

Then I figured I'll start in Ireland and just end up in Iceland to come home. Any helpful advise On how to go about booking this without paying 2 one way tickets?

Any sites allow flying into one country and leaving from another?
low600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Knight2211
Unstable SuperMod
 
Knight2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid
Posts: 20,971
Re: Any travelers out there??

Here's a traveler...........

At least he's holding a traveler.

Knight2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
le skid
!##NULL##!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 2,014
Re: Any travelers out there??

lol - they misspelled traveler on the sign
le skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Knight2211
Unstable SuperMod
 
Knight2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid
Posts: 20,971
Re: Any travelers out there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
lol - they misspelled traveler on the sign

I know, it was from a US site so I figured I wouldn't mention it.
Knight2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Samantha750
Moderator
 
Samantha750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM
Posts: 8,356
Re: Any travelers out there??

Go through a travel agent if the online sites wont let you arrive in one country and depart in another.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher
 
93goatfucker04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Central Wiscanada?
Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Posts: 7,842
Re: Any travelers out there??

Why cant you just buy your go home ticket when the time comes
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Kentucky Fried Cholo
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?
 
Kentucky Fried Cholo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000
Posts: 38,586
Re: Any travelers out there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
Why cant you just buy your go home ticket when the time comes
Its usually cheaper to buy them both at once. Specially if purchased in advance.
Kentucky Fried Cholo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher
 
93goatfucker04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Central Wiscanada?
Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Posts: 7,842
Re: Any travelers out there??

Oh. I just figured after an entire year it isnt really considered a round trip anymore since youll pretty much be living there. I dont travel though
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
Kentucky Fried Cholo
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?
 
Kentucky Fried Cholo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000
Posts: 38,586
Re: Any travelers out there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
Oh. I just figured after an entire year it isnt really considered a round trip anymore since youll pretty much be living there. I dont travel though
I don't think that he mentioned how long he planned to be out there
Kentucky Fried Cholo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
Samantha750
Moderator
 
Samantha750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM
Posts: 8,356
Re: Any travelers out there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
Why cant you just buy your go home ticket when the time comes
One way tickets, especially abroad are very expensive. Let's say he can get a two way for $1200 but a one way is $1500. You also have to consider visas as generally, Western Europe has a maximum stay of 3 months before a visa is required plus, it will raise questions about why he only has a one way ticket and could be denied entry and although a stretch, it is possible.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #11
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher
 
93goatfucker04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Central Wiscanada?
Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Posts: 7,842
Re: Any travelers out there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by low600 View Post
So sept 4tn 2013 is my 30th bday. My goal is not to be on US soil come the day.
I keep bouncing back and fourth from going to Iceland, or Ireland spend my bday in the Guinness brewery then head up to Scotland.

Then I figured I'll start in Ireland and just end up in Iceland to come home. Any helpful advise On how to go about booking this without paying 2 one way tickets?

Any sites allow flying into one country and leaving from another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dick View Post
I don't think that he mentioned how long he planned to be out there
I took that to mean he doesnt plan on being on US soil till Sep 4th 2013. It was the best sense I could make of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
One way tickets, especially abroad are very expensive. Let's say he can get a two way for $1200 but a one way is $1500. You also have to consider visas as generally, Western Europe has a maximum stay of 3 months before a visa is required plus, it will raise questions about why he only has a one way ticket and could be denied entry and although a stretch, it is possible.
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
GS220
Lifetime Premium
 
GS220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 1k, 07 CRF 450r
Posts: 1,209
Re: Any travelers out there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dick View Post
Its usually cheaper to buy them both at once. Specially if purchased in advance.
This......I used to travel once a year usually to Europe, once to the Middle East. I used to go to one country and spend a week, but I leaned for almost the same price I can see 2 countries, 4 days in each. I booked all my travels through Czech Airlines, great prices and decent service. I haven't traveled in 3 years(since my divorce BS started) so I'm not sure how much things have changed since. Also I always traveled during the winter, you get to see all the same stuff for half the price, you just have to bundle up a bit more.
GS220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
low600
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Any travelers out there??

Thanks guys, ill check Czech airlines
low600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 — 2013 Gixxer.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum