Yoshimura TLR Pics : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Other Suzuki Forums > TL1000R and TL1000S

Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Gunfighter
Rookie

Motorcycle: EVERYTHING
Yoshimura TLR Pics

Here are some detailed pics for you TLR guys. You can use as reference.

Enjoy..!
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
BenjaminDG
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: GSXR750/1100W racer and GSXR750SP
Re: Yoshimura TLR Pics

While i dont own a tlr i always find 90's racing bikes trés bon
BenjaminDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
HardRacing
Site Sponsor

Motorcycle: 07 GSX-R1000, . OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER

And a pretty cool older article about them too...

http://books.google.com/books?id=CPc...page&q&f=false

HardRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
dLegend82
Rookie

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000 K4

dLegend82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
gravitysucks
Squid

Motorcycle: A motorcycle

Is that the TLR at Yoshimura, or the one that made into private hands? Last time I saw the one at Yoshimura it was an incomplete bike, with some of the unobtanum replaced with more ordinary (non kit) parts. There are a few guys out there with enough of the parts to build another two complete bikes with one only missing fairings. Doubt they'll ever get put together though.
gravitysucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
GSXR Maori
Bumbadoo

Motorcycle: GSXR1000K6 GSXR1000K1 GSXR750K1 GSXR75097x2 GSXR60099 TLR99 Yami TT600x2 TT500 WR500 XR500x2

That aint one of yours is it Mr Gun?
GSXR Maori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Gunfighter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysucks View Post
Is that the TLR at Yoshimura, or the one that made into private hands? Last time I saw the one at Yoshimura it was an incomplete bike, with some of the unobtanum replaced with more ordinary (non kit) parts. There are a few guys out there with enough of the parts to build another two complete bikes with one only missing fairings. Doubt they'll ever get put together though.
That's the one at Yosh. It sits the the way it raced the last time. You can see all the kit parts from my pics...
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Gunfighter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR Maori View Post
That aint one of yours is it Mr Gun?
Nope, but I wish...
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 99 SRAD600

Does KYB make a shock setup for the TLR?
Vooduguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
GSXR Maori
Bumbadoo

Motorcycle: GSXR1000K6 GSXR1000K1 GSXR750K1 GSXR75097x2 GSXR60099 TLR99 Yami TT600x2 TT500 WR500 XR500x2

I didn't realise they actually used the rotary dampner for racing.
GSXR Maori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Gunfighter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooduguru View Post
Does KYB make a shock setup for the TLR?
No, that was the last year they did that, and only for the TLR. Besides you would need everything to go with it to work. Swingarm, linkage, etc...
Old 10-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
gravitysucks
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
That's the one at Yosh. It sits the the way it raced the last time. You can see all the kit parts from my pics...
When I saw it a few months ago it was the Yosh rep that said some of the original parts on their bike were replaced with more common bits. According to him, there's only one "as raced" TLR and it isn't owned by Yosh.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Gunfighter
Rookie

Quote:
When I saw it a few months ago it was the Yosh rep that said some of the original parts on their bike were replaced with more common bits. According to him, there's only one "as raced" TLR and it isn't owned by Yosh.
Where did you see it? Just curious.. Mainly because that's not the case. You can see from my pics all the kit parts.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #14
gravitysucks
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Where did you see it? Just curious.. Mainly because that's not the case. You can see from my pics all the kit parts.
At Yoshimura in Ontario. Have looked at the bike several times. Last time it was across the street from the main offices parked next to their conference room with a Spies and a Mladin bike parked next to it. Every time I've seen it I've been told it isn't a complete bike anymore, and isn't as it was raced.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Gunfighter
Rookie

Quote:
At Yoshimura in Ontario. Have looked at the bike several times. Last time it was across the street from the main offices parked next to their conference room with a Spies and a Mladin bike parked next to it. Every time I've seen it I've been told it isn't a complete bike anymore, and isn't as it was raced.
Ontario? I didn't put these up to get into a who's who on here, but that is not where this bike is at. It is as it was raced the last time. I put the pics up for reference that's all. Enjoy the pics. They are correct.

Mike
Old 10-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
gravitysucks
Squid

I'm not trying to piss in your Wheaties here, and this has nothing to do with who knows anyone as I am but a simple long time customer of theirs. I asked if it was the TLR at Yoshimura...Yoshimura is located in Ontario, Ca. I just happen to live near Ontario and like many people find myself over there several times a year picking up parts. The first time I saw their TLR it was parked in the front lobby (many years ago). Have seen the same bike over there several times since, with the last time being several months ago. That's why I asked which bike you got pictures of (I'd love to see pics of the one that is in private hands). The last time I asked, an employee said there are only two (although I believe there's a third overseas somewhere) complete bikes left. One is/was at Yoshimura's corporate offices in Ontario, and the other was in a private garage in Southern California.

The TLR at Yosh has been loaned out from time to time, making appearances at dealerships like the Fun Center in/near San Diego. Every single time I've seen the TLR at Yoshimura I've been told by salesmen, race team members and other employees that are nice enough to take the time to give a quick tour that their TLR is not complete or as it last raced. I have no idea what parts are missing, or what might or might not have been replaced as I didn't care enough to ask and the bike looked complete to me. If this particular TLR is where it last raced, then maybe you've found a fourth.

Either way I wasn't trying to stir up controversy or get your panties in a bunch. They're great pictures of a bike that was never given a chance, and thank you sharing.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
Gunfighter
Rookie

Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #18
speedy sie
Rookie

Motorcycle: gsxr k1 1000 184.5 rw bhp ex race bike day time mot project and xro7 project build

i know the story of the parts that were shipped over to Europe some parts are now for sale,including two works engines that are still in the suzuki packing crates, i was told the bike was broken up to parts.
speedy sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 99 SRAD600

Sad that this bike was dismantled. One day, I'm going to (at great expense) make a replica of this bike. It may be in 5-10 years...
Vooduguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
Gunfighter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooduguru View Post
Sad that this bike was dismantled. One day, I'm going to (at great expense) make a replica of this bike. It may be in 5-10 years...
This bike is not dismantled...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement