accident on the gsxr : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
chief2001
Novice

Motorcycle: 1987 GSXR250
accident on the gsxr

Im new, have just about under 900km real world riding experience, get sideswiped by guy in a car. I had just posted my thread about hitting 3000km in my practically mint condition 1987 GSXR250 in this thread.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340578

Its not wrecked thankfully. But going to need a new crankcase cover. Basically I went to pass a guy and he turned sharply into me making me get hard on the brakes, I left an imprint of my leather jacket on his paint, and endowd to a stop making me drop the bike. My hand hurts a little bit so im going to go to the hospital tomorrow then send my things to the police for a report. I wasn't in the wrong, so they let me go, but they kept him for further interviewing. My poor bike, dont wanna hear the sound of metal on pavement. I cant say the bike is mint anymore
chief2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
kevin.g
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K6 600
Re: accident on the gsxr

Damn man, that sucks. I had a recent off-bike adventure too, and my condolences go out to you and your ride. I know how sickening it is to see your baby on the ground glad you're okay though. Don't let it get you down too much!
kevin.g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
chief2001
Novice

thanks, yeah it definately sucks. Small update though, im leaving for the hospital soon, but woke up this morning with more pain in my hand, knee, and back. Sucks I have to ride to the hospital. will keep updated.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
kevin.g
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K6 600
Damn that sucks bro hope nothing is too tore up...
kevin.g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
rraiderr
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: Stretched and slammed Busa

Glad you will be OK.
rraiderr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
chief2001
Novice

So apparenrly national health insurance doesn't cover accidents on motorized veichle. Out of pocket 500$ for a check up. Will have to get tje guys insurance to repay me. Nothing broken, just sore. Need to go to police station again for my report and show them my doctors check report. And start talk with insurance company. Bike repairs maybe soon. Probably lower cowling clutch and brake handle for new ones, and maybe mirrors. Still havent taken pics sorry, just been tied up.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #7
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650

Good luck, go get 'em. Hopefully, just paying your bills should sting him enough to remember to look over his damn shoulder.
TeflonTrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
LynnM
Club Racer

If his insurance is paying ? Do not skimp ! Replace anything that was damaged.
YOU SHOULD be getting an estimate BEFORE you do any repairs !!!!!
LynnM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #9
gixxr_06
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 06 Gsx-R 6

hope ur alright bro ..srry to hear about that miss hap...i hate lazy ass drivers
gixxr_06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
chief2001
Novice

ok update on the situation. Thank for the support. Finally got word from the insurance and they of course will be covering all my medical expenses. Still need to go to a clinic for my aches and so on. But the bike will be repaired and they will cover 90% of the costs. Here in Japan they do it based on a percentage at fault. Apparently I was 10% at fualt? Im not going to push it in trying to get more because not being familiar with the system in Japan im happy to hear the results being the way they are now. So I will have my guy fully check everything on the bike. I will telll him all things that I find at fault. My shop guy will be doing all the negotiation work with the insurance company. Being an old bike, will need a lot of work done to it that wont be cheap since its not like they make the bike right now. I will update again once I get the bike into the shop.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
chief2001
Novice

update again, getting them to replace a lot of my stuff including my gloves. bike parts are being replaced if can be bought, but fairings need to be repaired since they do not make new parts for a 25 year old bike. Though was very light damage. total damages were about 150,000 yen or about $1,900? roughly. I was shocked! STill no bike for another week at the least but likely 2 weeks.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

Glad its getting repaired. Love that bike
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
Glad its getting repaired. Love that bike
Why is that little boy wearing a sheep outfit in your avatar ?
coopgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
Minibull
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgt1 View Post
Why is that little boy wearing a sheep outfit in your avatar ?
Coz he can't get the real deal, like I can here
Minibull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000

There have been a lot of wrecks lately where riders are getting turned into! This should be a wake up call when passing on the left...

Glad you're ok!
dylanjacobus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #16
chief2001
Novice

Another update, so apprently my internation drivers license is not valid in Japan. I had made a trip out of the country to go on vacation in the philippines prior to going to the US. Because of that, I did not meet the requirements for using my International permit, so now they will be charging me with operating a motorcycle without a license which is a HUGE thing that might mean I have a lot of problems from here on out. So now I have to wait to see the results of this. Also, just so people know. You need to have an international permit with a date 3 months BEFORE you go to the country you plan on riding in. So when AAA tells you from when, you want the date, make sure its 3 months before you arrive. Might have to sticky this post for future travelers. So now I have to deal with this BS because of some idot hitting ME?!?!! I am going to try to get my motorcycle endorsment tomorrow, because I worry they might put a ban on me getting a license in Japan for a motorcycle. So Im going to try to beat them to it. If I get one, then I am safe for whatever period they might give me. I will go tomorrow immediatly to try and pass the test. Ive been riding for about a month now so I should have no problem passing it now id hope. We will find out tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #17
Knight2211
Unstable SuperMod

Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid

That really sucks Chief.
Knight2211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000
I had no idea about international riding or driving. The wife and I plan on going out of the country soon. I will have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up but sucks they are being cockbags over there.
dylanjacobus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #19
chief2001
Novice

update again. So apparently the penalty should they decide to proceede with charges, thats up to the prosecutor, can be up to 1 year in Jail OR up to a 300,000 yen fine (about $4,000) either of which would include up to a years suspension. On top of that I run the risk of having my visa revoked and/ not being renewed depending how much they decide to make it a problem. I go later in 2 weeks to see how this works out and start the whole process.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #20
tigertim20
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2001 R1, 2004 GSXR1k

shit man, sounds like a tough run of things. good luck and please continue to update this thread, there may be some valuable lessons to be learned from your situation for others.

good luck man
tigertim20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in