Hi there, not even licensed yet HAHA : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > The Starting Line< =======

Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
chief2001
Novice

Motorcycle: 1987 GSXR250
Hi there, not even licensed yet HAHA

As I type this, I am actually taking my riding exam in about 30 more minutes. Ridden a bike twice before and I almost passed my test on the 2nd try. Today is 3rd try. Before you say, jeeze you cant ride then if its your 3rd time. Im doing my exam in Japan. Where they are probably the most PITA place to take it. HAHA. So here I am. Also, as for the bike I plan to get. I plan to buy a Suzuki GSXR250. TBH, I tried getting a car, but I cant get it at my price and its really expensive to own one here TBH. Well, hopefully I will join the ranks of rider soon.
chief2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Last Week
Rookie

Re: Hi there, not even licensed yet HAHA

welcome to the site
Last Week is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
chief2001
Novice

So this times reason for not passing. I was too slow through the pylons on the obsticale course. LOL oh well, Ill try again at the end of the month. Im having a blast regardless.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Minibull
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 750

You legend! Nice learner bike mate!

Gota love the wee 4 cyl 250's. I certainly miss my 89 FZR250, even with the big arse SRAD I have now.

Focus hard on what went wrong man, hope it goes better next time
Minibull is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

go get a R32/R33 GTR like everyone else does out there
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibull View Post
You legend! Nice learner bike mate!

Gota love the wee 4 cyl 250's. I certainly miss my 89 FZR250, even with the big arse SRAD I have now.

Focus hard on what went wrong man, hope it goes better next time
Yeah, it seems like its going to be a fun bike, plus because its a 250cc. I do not need to do a veichle inspection for it. I will definately attempt the course prepared for the next time. I'm a quick learner. All of my friends that ride, seem shocked I learned how to ride a bike and even get through a test at all with about 15 mins riding experience. (thats including the time I use to take the riding exam. ) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
go get a R32/R33 GTR like everyone else does out there
I was actuallly looking for one. An R32 GTR to be exact. Ended up not getting it. I have certain things I look for. What sealed the deal for not getting one yet was the cost of the car inspection and parts cost. At my current budget I was pretty muched turned away for now. LOL

Last edited by chief2001; 04-06-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
chief2001
Novice

please delete this. I double posted.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
chief2001
Novice

So, I have gone a few times to take the riding exam and have been failed each time. Later learned that I happen to be going to the most notorious license center for being the most strict in Japan, Japan already strict to begin with LOL. Going to go to the US to get my endorsment and come back with an international license. Its less hassle for me honestly and it lets me ride any bike I want in Japan without the restrictions that I would have had with it. I will take my license test here eventually, its just that I happen to be visiting the US so I will take the opportunity to take this approach. US test is much easier anyways. haha I do plan to take the 3 day MSF course while there though. Would prefer knowing more before I go out on the street.

Last edited by chief2001; 06-10-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
tomlinas
Novice

Motorcycle: '06 GSX-R 600

Wow, crazy that it's less of a hassle to cross the ocean just to take the test...that does sound seriously strict
tomlinas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: A Gixxah!

Welcome to the site.
Pro-Lux-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Pale Horse
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R750

I'm envious of the variety of bikes that are available in other parts of the world. Here in the US, they just don't sell so they don't bring them over here.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlinas View Post
Wow, crazy that it's less of a hassle to cross the ocean just to take the test...that does sound seriously strict
It is, since here you need to take seperate license tests depending on the size of the bike you want to use. 50-125cc/125-400/400-XXX. For the middle class bikes, you can take what is a MSF class that teaches you how to pass the test essentially, but even with discounts you pay anywhere from $1,200-$2,000. Then when your ready to get your big class license, you need to pay anywhere from $900-$1,200 for that class. Then you STILL have to take the test at the license center which costs about $50 each time you take it, but if you have been to a school your pretty much guaranteed to pass the first time unless you drop it. I fortunately have an American License so I can do what I am doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Lux-Racing View Post
Welcome to the site.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
I'm envious of the variety of bikes that are available in other parts of the world. Here in the US, they just don't sell so they don't bring them over here.
Yeah, I thought the same. Sadly, no one really makes good 250cc street bikes anymore even in Japan except Kawasaki and Honda. Suzuki had a great GSXR250 and thats exactly what I plan to buy once I get back with M endorsement.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
chief2001
Novice

Finished MSF and it was fun. Not sure if a good thing, but managed to scrape pegs on the bike they gave me during the class a few times. Anyways, next on the list is getting my bike. Cant wait!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

you got ding'd for TOO SLOW through pylons? wow. i am going to google this test of which you speak.
MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
you got ding'd for TOO SLOW through pylons? wow. i am going to google this test of which you speak.
Yep, I go to the Konosu license center. Most foreigners live in Tokyo, I dont know why cause everything is so freaking expensive but thats besides the point, so you wont find much about mine. They in general just plain fail you because you're not doing it the "japanese" way of going to a school. Friend of a friend is a rider and years of riding experience and track experience was failed multiple times as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #16
chief2001
Novice

celebrated getting my M endorsement today by getting a new helmet to replace my open face that I was using which will become a passenger helmet.

Said new Helmet.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

good job man. i am glad to see that you are getting out there. FWIW, track experience is not related to street skills through pylons. good job on the test. what other gear do you have?
MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #18
Jugga559
Back Marker

Motorcycle: Gsxr 750 L1
Nice helmet chief......where did you get that?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jugga559 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
good job man. i am glad to see that you are getting out there. FWIW, track experience is not related to street skills through pylons. good job on the test. what other gear do you have?
Thanks! For gear I have that helmet which I wanted to get to replace the, I guess "half helmet"? Open face I had that I used for my autox/track racing. Definitely wanted full face. Will probably pick up this week leather Jacket to match the helmet and some good leather gloves. Eyeing the Teknic Xcelerator gloves in a white/black combo. Nothing for pants or boots, but I will want to get them when I can. Ill be using my old helmet as a passenger helmet should the need arise for me to take someone somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugga559 View Post
Nice helmet chief......where did you get that?
Got it at my local shop. Trying to support local shops. I got it at the same store I got my other helmet. HJC AC-2M.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #20
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief2001 View Post
celebrated getting my M endorsement today by getting a new helmet to replace my open face that I was using which will become a passenger helmet.

Said new Helmet.
if you wish a good life and good things for your passenger, please don't let them wear a half-face
yup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in