What is the best fork oil? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Tech Forums > Chassis, Suspension & Tire Setup

Old 06-03-2004, 07:10 AM   #1
fireman jb
Rookie

Motorcycle: Jarrod Berry
What is the best fork oil?

I getting race tech springs and valves installed in my track bike and was wondering which for oil is the best? Race tech, Motul, or Red Line. I can get a hold of all of them but the race tech is super high priced compared to the rest. But if the race tech oil is that much better and worth it then I'll spend the money.

Jarrod
fireman jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
Philbie
Rookie

Motorcycle: POS 04 GSXR
Re: What is the best fork oil?

The only one I'd stay away from is Silkolene. After two trackdays the once purple oil was milky and white. Currently using Bel Ray. I think they are all pretty good, just remember to change oil regularly. 2-3 times a year if used regularly.
Philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
fireman jb
Rookie

Thanks for the info. Philbie I will keep that in mind for sure. I've never heard of anyone changing there fork oil. I learn something new everyday. I just now getting into the hole race scene. I love this shit already.

Thanks again,
Jarrod
Old 06-03-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
GMDBoston
Rookie

Motorcycle: Peter Kates

Most of the brand name oils are very good, Philbie, I've used Silkolene for years and never saw it turn white or milky, I've also never seen Silkolene colored purple, are you sure it was Silkolene? Which ever brand you chose make sure you valve for it. Ten weight is not ten weight. There is a tremendous varience in viscocity and damping qualities from brand to brand. Once you have the suspension set how you like it make sure you stay with the same brand and change it every three or four race weekends.
GMDBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:16 AM   #5
fireman jb
Rookie

I have all race tech internals on the way. Race tech valves, springs and oil. Should be here in a few days.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:36 AM   #6
Philbie
Rookie

Motorcycle: POS 04 GSXR

Pretty sure that's the product that was used however I wasn't there when they were done. That's the product that was in the trailer.
Philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement