Problematic Suzuki GSXR 1100 WP 1993 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Water Cooled Gixxers

Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
ronadelo
Squid

Motorcycle: Suzuki GSXR 1100
Problematic Suzuki GSXR 1100 WP 1993

Hi Im dell from Malaysia. I just purchased a Suzuki GSXR 1100 WP for a fair price but ended up with a few ( a lot) of problems. The problems are listed below and I hope some members can assist me...

1) The radiator fan needs to be activated manually. The previous said thats how it was when he got it. But the temperature gauge is working. Could
It be the thermostat switch?

2) The Handle Bars vibrate when riding and kinda makes riding fot a long period of time dfficult and tiring.

3) The meter assembly shakes up and down when ever i hit some bumpy roads.

4) There is a rattling sound from the clutch casing when the bike is idling. What could it be?

5) The latest problem to start the bike you have to turn the steering a bit to the left then it starts...some wires f**ked I think.

If there is anybody who has experience with these kind of problems can you please assist me...
ronadelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
RoamingBison
Fortunae Nihil

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR-1100W(R)
Re: Problematic Suzuki GSXR 1100 WP 1993

Hello and welcome.

In order:

1. There is a thermostatic switch near the radiator filler cap under the fuel tank that is malfunctioning; or, the wiring to the fan motor is faulty.

2. Do you have heavy handle-bar end weights attached. These bikes 'buzz' a little depending upon engine RPMs but the weights help to decrease the vibrations.

3. Check for rubber mounintg grommets at the rear of the meter assembly and ensure the mounting bracket to the top triple clamp is secured.

4. Assuming the clutch is operating properly, I believe this is actually a worn alternator clutch (not the clutch on your transmission). Normal wear & tear item.

5. Check wiring and wirng harnesses on and around the steering neck - common problem for these bikes. Look for corrosion on the plastic harness connectors.

Factory Pro Stage 3, K&N RU-3092 Pods, Dynatek Mini-Coils, FP +4 Advancer
Yoshimura RS-3, EBC Pro-Lite Contour Rotors, Goodridge Lines, Pazzo Levers
Barnett Carbon Fibre Clutch, Ohlins SU-248 Rear Shock, Koso RX-2N Gauges
KYB Forks with Ohlins Springs/Racetech Gold Valves, Ohlins SD-115 Steering Damper
RoamingBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
ronadelo
Squid

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess its alright to use a manual switch for the radiator fan. Usually when the temperature is high I just switch it on and the temp comes down.

As for the handlebars. They are stock handlebars. What do you recomend i change to and where do I buy it?

I can live with the shaking meter assembly.

Is thr worn altenator clutch gonna cause any other problems or can i live with it? The clutch is working alright.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
RoamingBison
Fortunae Nihil

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR-1100W(R)

I have stock bars and they buzz at certain rpms. Just make sure the bar ends are stock too. Any weighted aftermarket bar end will bolt on - available from ebay.

The alternator clutch will not cause anything catastrophic.
RoamingBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
ronadelo
Squid

Thanks again for the quick reply.

I guess you could im still a squid. I just need to know what modifications would benefit my bike the most? I was thinking of installing the items below.

1) factory pro ignition advancer + 4 ( how does this help)

2) I want to buy a factory pro jet kit set but I dont know which to buy as Im afraid to buy the wrong size for my carbs.

3) Do K&N Air Filters have an advantage over normal air filters?

4) Is it worth buying a Dyna 2000 CDI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement