All 4 turn signals flashing at the same time : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Oil Cooled Gixxers

Old 10-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
6mil928
Squid

Motorcycle: 92 GSXR 750
All 4 turn signals flashing at the same time

Hi guys this is my first post on this forum so let start off by saying hi

Now for my problem. I just bought an abused 92 GSXR 750. Trying to work out the bugs on it and I've got an interesting one. When I bought the bike the knuckle head had to put blinkers on it to make it street legal. He added LED's to the rear and put the stock lights back on the front. I believe that the turn signals worked correct when I got the bike but then they started working erratic so I figured it was the LED's mixed with the stock lights. I changed the fronts to LED also. What I ended up with was all 4 lights light up at the same time no matter if the switch is turned to the left or the right. I thought it was the flasher so I changed it out for a IC flasher. What I have now is all 4 lights flashing at the same time like they are in hazard mode. Also my turn signal indicator light does not work now. Checked the bulb and it is good. Also possibly related or not my high and low beam indicator also is not working now. Anyone ever seen anything like this? Anyone have a legible wiring diagram for the 92 750? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Jason
6mil928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
ghostrider.1127
Club Racer

Motorcycle: few gsx-r
Re: All 4 turn signals flashing at the same time

ghostrider.1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
6mil928
Squid

Ghost Rider you are the man thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:03 AM   #4
6mil928
Squid

Ok checked out the wiring diagram and the two sides are linked through the indicator bulb. Pull the bulb and they work normal any ideas?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
OLDSKOOLDOILKOOLD
Back Marker

Motorcycle: oil koold gixxers

which bulb!!? l/f....r/r!!??
OLDSKOOLDOILKOOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
MackJack
Panty Buncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mil928 View Post
Ok checked out the wiring diagram and the two sides are linked through the indicator bulb. Pull the bulb and they work normal any ideas?
Assuming that the wiring diagram is correct (i.e. there is a single turn indicator light that is connect to the green/black wires which power the right/left turn signals), this circuit will work correctly only when the indicator light's resistance is much higher than the turn signals' resistance. This is not the case when you run LED turn signals, since they have high resistance/low current draw.

Had Suzuki put in 2 indicator lights then using an IC flasher would have solved your problem...

You can either remove the indicator light as you did, or revert back to normal turn signals (non LED) front and rear. You could add resistors in parallel to the turn signals, but this is more hassle than it's worth.
MackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
woodstock888
Squid

^^ this is correct, had the same issue when I switched to LED's on my 92 gsxr. I just pulled the indicator and wired in two separate tiny led's in the line for my indicators.
woodstock888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
6mil928
Squid

Thank you guys. I will be doing the 2 seperate leds in my indicator box.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
dunebuggyq
Squid

I had to add resistors to my led turn signals to make them function properly
dunebuggyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement