Need help on missing mikuni carburetor parts : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > SRADs (97-00 600 and 96-99 750)

Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Nickleback
Squid

Need help on missing mikuni carburetor parts

Hi all,i just got a 98 gsxr 600 from a friend and it has been sitting in his garage for 5 years.i am trying to bring it back to life!i clean up the carburetor but i found out it missing some parts:

(1)Where is end of this hose connected to?i believe it connected to petcock but im not sure.

(2)What are this black box with cable?i dont have it,is it important to have?will it run without it?

(3)this small pipes that come out from the carburetor,what are they?where are the hoses going to?

My tank is really rusty,i cannot use it until i clean it which is gonna take forever and lots of effort.but before i put my effort on tank,i need to make sure that the bike would run again.is there any way to crank it up without the tank?maybe with some 2 litters soda bottle fill with gas?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbs 007.jpg (100.4 KB, 56 views)
Nickleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Nickleback
Squid

Re: Need help on missing mikuni carburetor parts

up!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
GSXR-Freak
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 99 GSXR 750

5 minutes you waited and have already bumped this post..

You need to work on your waiting skills.

John
GSXR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
98GIXRSRAD
Squid

Motorcycle: 1998 Suzuki GSXR SRAD

you connect it to your flux capacity, it is those 2 little things under the carbs. If you do not connect these, you dont have very long left for the bike
98GIXRSRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #5
Nickleback
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GIXRSRAD View Post
you connect it to your flux capacity, it is those 2 little things under the carbs. If you do not connect these, you dont have very long left for the bike
Which question are you talking about here?i am a complete noob on this,so pls be very specific on this,i put 3 different numbers on the picture..
Old 06-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
Lean With It
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickleback View Post
Which question are you talking about here?i am a complete noob on this,so pls be very specific on this,i put 3 different numbers on the picture..
you should own a service manual. There are free downloads on this site. Besides your waiting skills, you should work on your search skills. I'm almost positive ccmhunt posted a pic for someone else who had this same question almost.

for the manual - find the user "chocolate rain" the manual is in his signature.

not trying to shit on you, but if you are noob - it's your responsibility to at least A) search B) educate yourself C) refer to A and B - before you look for help and bump a thread to the top after 5 minutes.
Lean With It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
project15
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 1998 GSX-R 600

1. Not positive, but it looks like it's 1 of 2 tubes that plug into the petcock valve on bottom of your fuel tank
2. I've heard you don't need them, but I've always had them hooked up. They monitor the vacuum pressure of your carbs.
3. The hoses plug into those black things from your 2nd question.
4. Yes, you can connect the fuel line to a bottle of some sort. Set up a syphon system with it. You'll need your airbox on though. The fuel line is that other tube you can see in the pic that comes out of the carburator on the second TB from the left.
project15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
Nickleback
Squid

Thumbs up Re: Need help on missing mikuni carburetor parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by project15 View Post
1. Not positive, but it looks like it's 1 of 2 tubes that plug into the petcock valve on bottom of your fuel tank
2. I've heard you don't need them, but I've always had them hooked up. They monitor the vacuum pressure of your carbs.
3. The hoses plug into those black things from your 2nd question.
4. Yes, you can connect the fuel line to a bottle of some sort. Set up a syphon system with it. You'll need your airbox on though. The fuel line is that other tube you can see in the pic that comes out of the carburator on the second TB from the left.
Thank you soo much for your help,that is perfectly described!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
Nickleback
Squid

Ok,i got a bottle water for tank,the bike finally crank up!YEssssss!!!!!BUt..........
problem...the bike would die as soon as i give gas,or if i let go the choke.i am not sure what needs to be done but im guessing somewhere around carb.i am trying to find a solution and search this forum....but if you guys know what it is please let me know!thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
GSXR-Freak
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 99 GSXR 750

Sounds like your carbs are Fed up. Search for Pilot jet.

John
GSXR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
Nickleback
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR-Freak View Post
Sounds like your carbs are Fed up. Search for Pilot jet.

John
will do!thanks!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #12
Nickleback
Squid

After all search,efforts and help from yall,i managed to bring the bike to life!i cleaned the carburetor really good and it all that it took!
Thanks again guys for ur help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement