92 gsxr 1100 NITROUS : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Oil Cooled Gixxers

Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
IownZu
Back Marker

92 gsxr 1100 NITROUS

Has anyone ever used nitrous on there gsxr?
If you have please, post what you did to prep the bike.
IownZu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
phonex98
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1988 GSXR 750
Re: 92 gsxr 1100 NITROUS

wow, your girlfriend must have REALLY embarrassed you! haha
phonex98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
IownZu
Back Marker

LOL!!!!! I fixed that problem, it was just my idle circuit was clogged again some magical way. Now I want to be busa fast. =)
Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
rodriguez
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 86 7/11 86 1100 87 1100 89 750 95 xr650l 86 ATC 125m

Busa fast?

You better double up like this.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...t=double+motor
rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
gotgixers
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: 1986 GSXR 7/12

falicon prepped crank, Carillo rods and JE 11:1 1216 piston/ring/wristpin kit. A bit of port work, good header and exhaust. A holley elec fuel pump with a bypass style FPR, a dual or triple tap Pingel fuel valve and Dyna coils or a Dyna 2000 ign....thats a good start.
gotgixers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
IownZu
Back Marker

OH my LOL......
Old 04-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
ghostrider.1127
Club Racer

Motorcycle: few gsx-r

nitro is for chickens
ghostrider.1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #8
2StrokeLover
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 86'GSX-R 1100,76'GT750,75'RD350,75'RD350Monoshocker and Various other RD's..

Quote:
falicon prepped crank, Carillo rods and JE 11:1 1216 piston/ring/wristpin kit. A bit of port work, good header and exhaust. A holley elec fuel pump with a bypass style FPR, a dual or triple tap Pingel fuel valve and Dyna coils or a Dyna 2000 ign....thats a good start.
He didn't say how many times he wanted to use the nitrous..That setup is all well and good for a bike you plan on running again next year...But this guy just wants to keep up to his GF's rebel or something if I remember correctly..
2StrokeLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
IownZu
Back Marker

HAHAHA! stop with the gf stuff!
I fixed that PROBLEM.
I still have a clogged idle circuit which makes me bog down low a little,but The bike is a missile now. I am just saying that Every ONCE and a while, I would like to cheap up with a hayabusa. NOT everyday, just once a week or something. I understand NOS systems on cars (DRY SYSTEMS).
And I'm not talking about a 150hp shot lol.
MAX SHOT 50hp. MAX
Old 04-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
Beairsto Racing
Rookie

Motorcycle: Vintage and New

What's your budget?

If you are going to spray 50hp, you should take some timing out of it, now you need a decent ignition system.

You can buy intake manifolds that are tapped for fogger nozzles from Star Racing etc or modify your own.

You can buy a quality wet nitrous kit from several suppliers and theres usually lots of used ones on ebay.

You are going to need to supply the new fuel pump, so you'll need a double or triple tap fuel valve, depending on your application, you can also install a weldless bung fitting in the bottom of your tank...your call.

You need to change your spark plugs for a colder range.

Wiring and plumbing is pretty straight forward, the challenge is stuffing 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag.

A 50hp instant hit is fun but it works much better with a nitrous controller.

Insurance...install a microswitch in the carb linkage so that even though the system is armed, it doesn't spray unless the engine is full throttle. Install a pressure switch so that if you lose fuel pressure, the nitrous won't turn your pistons into paper weights.
Its really up to you, you can make it as simple or as complex as you want.

To be honest, I really think you will be disappointed with how the bike will run off the bottle once you've tuned it for nitrous. EFI and a dry system work fine at moderate levels and the bike switches maps instantly, giving you the best of both worlds.

Scott
Beairsto Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
IownZu
Back Marker

Yeah, you are right about that. Maybe I should just stick with running N/A. Do these new jet kits with pods really make a BIG difference. I'm not saying NOS difference, but I mean 10 hp ???
Also, I am just wondering, Should my bike be as fast as a 2000 R1, gsxr 1000, or zx10r?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #12
Beairsto Racing
Rookie

Motorcycle: Vintage and New

Is your bike completely stock right now? Does it have a pipe on it? Are you looking to compliment the pipe with pod type filters and a jet kit? Well then yes, with tuning, you should see atleast a 10hp gain. Its all guessing without establishing a base line on a dyno.

Stick to riding with friends who have similar early 90's bikes, you'll be a hero. If you are running with guys who have 2000 and newer liter bikes, you will get your ass kicked everytime, they are a couple of generations ahead of your 1100 when comparing engines, suspension and brakes. Keeping up with Hayabusas...dream on, a good first gen makes @160hp and @100 ftlbs of torque. Its like comparing built small blocks with built big blocks, there is no arguing the torque.

Just enjoy your bike for what it is, an 18 year old sport bike. Can you throw a lot of money and hp at it...sure but how deep are your pockets? There are probably far bigger gains to be had by reducing its weight and freshening the suspension.

Post some pictures of your project.

Cheers,
Scott
Beairsto Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in