Red Light On....)07 Gsxr 600???? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
westbrook
Novice

Motorcycle: 2007 gsxr 600
Red Light On....)07 Gsxr 600????

I had my red light come on this morning on the way to work it was flashing the temp(175+/-) then F1. i stopped and killed it. when i fired it back up, it went off. anything to worry about there?

thanks
westbrook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
gggplaya
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600
Re: Red Light On....)07 Gsxr 600????

my bike did that because it sat outside in the rain for a while when i bought it. The exhaust valve and cables leading too it were just a little rusty and hard to move. After riding it for a while and breaking the mechanism in after a long winter storage. It hasn't happened again.

You'll have to pull the code by putting a jumper wire into the diagnostic plug, but i'm sure that's what it is if it you turned it on again and it shut off.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Anthony D
Super Moderator

Motorcycle: None currently...

you will need to put the bike in dealer mode while the red light is on the the f.i. is flashing to see what code the ecu is throwing.

do a search for dealer mode, and you will see how to do it.
Anthony D is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
westbrook
Novice

i appreciate the input guys.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
westbrook
Novice

ive read a few old post. let me know if i understand or not. the FI light lets you know if something is wrong, if the light is on, you need to bypass to dealer mode to retreive the code. if the light stays off im probably good to go now right?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: A Gixxah!

Mine was doing that too before. It was the set valve. I disconnedcted the wire from the ECU and all went away. But as Ant said, put it in dealer mode to see if it throws a code. Mine didn't and then I basically figured it was the set valve.
Pro-Lux-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
JPBlomgren
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbrook View Post
ive read a few old post. let me know if i understand or not. the FI light lets you know if something is wrong, if the light is on, you need to bypass to dealer mode to retreive the code. if the light stays off im probably good to go now right?
I think you've got it -- Just making sure: Leave the engine running when you put the bike in dealer mode. The bike doesn't store faults (unless you've got the Suzuki Diagnostic System), so it has to be running and flashing "FI" when you put it in dealer mode.
Make sure connect the right wires I hear bad things happen when you do the wrong ones. (Alternatively you can buy a switch for $15)
JPBlomgren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
westbrook
Novice

i guess my last question is...if the F1 is not flashing anymore, is the problem cleared up or did it just turn the annoying light off when i killed the bike and is actually still there. thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
JPBlomgren
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R 600

I can't really tell you the answer to that. A: I'm not that good. B: The FI code could have been anything. So if you didn't get the code when it was flashing, then you'll never know which one of a number of systems to inspect to make sure it was nothing.

That said, my unprofessional opinion says as long as there are no symptoms: don't worry about it. Stay familiar with how to jumper the bike and keep those tools with you on the bike so you can pull the FI code ASAP if it happens again. (I recommend buying the switch for this, as after a while you may forget which cables to jumper when you're pulled over in a parking lot... fried ECUs are pricey.)

If you just turned off the bike to make the FI light go away, you're probably fine. What were you doing when the light went on? (Certain kinds of things like, ahem, hard acceleration can cause a C37 code. I learned all about that one. Perhaps you can duplicate the conditions?)
JPBlomgren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #10
westbrook
Novice

i assume that it came on when i started it that morning. i dindnt notice it till about a mile down the road. on guy said his done it to him when it got rained on. it didnt get rained on, it was in the garage, but it was extremely humid and the garage floor and everything was sweating really bad. maybe got a lot of moisture in it. dont know???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in