Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 08-10 GSX-R600/750

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
mraf88
Back Marker
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SYDNEY OZ
Motorcycle: GSXR 600 k8 black
Posts: 115
Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

ohk i know theres a shit load of threads about exhausts but i want your opinion and adivice on what i should be thinking of getting for my GSXR 600 K8.

The first part of the question is what is better
-jardine GP1

or

-hot bodies megaphone.

im not on a great budget to get a yoshi r55 or something like that lol

im after something that would give it a nice deep sound so other vehciles can hear me around the bends and all. not to mention not something thats too loud where id get sick of it and want to rip it off.

The question question is what can i do to resolve the problem of the ugly ass cat. i know im not the only one that hates the look of that thing.
mraf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
downsc123
Club Racer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Motorcycle: K8 GSXR 600
Posts: 2,493
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

They are both junk IMO (many others on here will agree). I would much rather keep the stock exhaust then have either of those. If you keep the CAT on there, adding any slip-on won't do much for sound. If you use either of your choices w/o a CAT, it will be crazy loud.
downsc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Duff8402
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,161
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Yeah, they're bot just about equally obnoxious in sound and performance. Do yourself a favor and just start setting money aside (in a savings account, or even in paypal account or something) till you can afford something worth throwing your money at.
Duff8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
squale147
no rest for the wicked
 
squale147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: warren county n.j
Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2
Posts: 3,410
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsc123 View Post
They are both junk IMO (many others on here will agree). I would much rather keep the stock exhaust then have either of those. If you keep the CAT on there, adding any slip-on won't do much for sound. If you use either of your choices w/o a CAT, it will be crazy loud.
+1000 i agree hotbodies suck and suck bad.. if money is a little tight i would wait to get a good system
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
denso1
Rookie
 
denso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the basement of the Alamo
Motorcycle: Black K8 600
Posts: 1,353
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

+10000000...

Just save a little more, you'll be glad in the end. Check out that new M4. It looks good that's for sure.
denso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
mraf88
Back Marker
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SYDNEY OZ
Motorcycle: GSXR 600 k8 black
Posts: 115
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

lol ohk i guess dat thought is out da window, so whats suggestions you guys have
mraf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
denso1
Rookie
 
denso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the basement of the Alamo
Motorcycle: Black K8 600
Posts: 1,353
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Well depends on what you are willing to spend at the end of the day. Check out Motomummy's website. There are some really good prices on slip ons.
denso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
iuhutch
Rookie
 
iuhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Motorcycle: 2009 Suzuki GSXR 1000
Posts: 1,090
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Stay stock unless you are going to go with something reputable.
iuhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
3/4 LITER GSX-R
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Motorcycle: 08 GSX-R 750
Posts: 283
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraf88 View Post
ohk i know theres a shit load of threads about exhausts but i want your opinion and adivice on what i should be thinking of getting for my GSXR 600 K8.

The first part of the question is what is better
-jardine GP1

or

-hot bodies megaphone.

im not on a great budget to get a yoshi r55 or something like that lol

im after something that would give it a nice deep sound so other vehciles can hear me around the bends and all. not to mention not something thats too loud where id get sick of it and want to rip it off.

The question question is what can i do to resolve the problem of the ugly ass cat. i know im not the only one that hates the look of that thing.
First off, i agree with everything that was said so far.. both options are basically shit, despite the fact that i use the Hotbodies megaphone and personally dont care what ppl have to say about it. I cant comment on the GP1 but being that you dont want something "too loud" then i would not go with the megaphone b/c it is very loud. I dont consider it too loud but many peopel do. What i would say about it is that it sounds good till about 6k rpm then it gets really raspy and no longer sounds like exhaust but more like a banshee screaming...

If you want something cheap and loud then a mega phone is it otherwise it would be better to save a little more and get a slip on that sounds like a real bike exhaust.

as far as performance i really dont think any slip on will give you any power benifit simply b/c of the Cat but the tone of the exhaust would/should be more pleasing.

As for the Cat, you got 2 options... there is a sticky at the begining of the forum which will talk you through the "Cat hack" so you could use a 06-07 slip on or get a full exhaust.

To the above posters: I am very happy to see that no one turned up the flame thrower here. Everyone gave thier opinions in a tactful way, explained thier reasons and offered a better solution w/o demeaning the OP. Why cant all threads be as civilized as this one is (at least for now.. i'm sure some asshat will be along shortly to flame).
3/4 LITER GSX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
prints
Squid
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Motorcycle: GSX-R 600 K9
Posts: 6
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Personally I bought the GP1 just to mess around until I get my hands on a good deal for an R-55 or Akra. For 100 bucks I could justify it.
The sound it produces is not refined at all, its just plain loud. I wasted a hundred bucks, but its not the end of the world I guess
prints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
3/4 LITER GSX-R
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Motorcycle: 08 GSX-R 750
Posts: 283
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

haha prints.. i kinda feel the same way but in my mind its serves its purpose (loud and not the oem can) so while it was a waste of $100 i've wasted money on worse before. 1 year later and its still on my bike..lol.. no money yet for the akra that i want...
3/4 LITER GSX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:42 AM   #12
TOEJAM
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
 
TOEJAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tennessee/Brazil
Motorcycle: 06 R1 Raven; '07 Ducati 1098S; '08 Triumph Sprint ST; '09 Triumph 675; '10 Yamaha R6; '13 Aprilia RSV4 APRC
Posts: 60,015
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

I am still yet to figure out why people immediately want to shitcan the stock exhaust like the fucking thing is on fire.

Almost every day there is a post from somebody who just got (or is about to buy) a new bike and wants to know what kind of exhaust to get.

It is even more comical when said people are on a budget and can't afford a good exhaust, but yet they are willing to waste money on junk exhausts just to get rid of the stock one.

News flash - the stock exhaust isn't bad. Not to mention that with the stock exhaust, at least you know your bike is running properly (A/F ratio). The stock exhaust even sounds good once it is broken in.

I ran the stock exhaust on my 750 until I started race prepping it. I have never understood why people immediatetly want to shitcan the exhaust, even before they have done important things like setup the suspension, broken the bike in, or even learned how to ride the fucking thing.
__________________
Chris Broome
WERA Expert #2
Chaotic Racing
STT Southern Region/Speed Academy Instructor
Sponsors = SportBike Track Gear - DiSalvo Speed Academy - Sportbike Tire Service - Bell Helmets - Knox Armour
TOEJAM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #13
3/4 LITER GSX-R
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Motorcycle: 08 GSX-R 750
Posts: 283
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

ToeJam,

You make some really good point in your post….

I can only speak for myself but call it preference or what ever...

***In this post i speak in general terms and not directly to you personally ToeJam, I’m using the word "you" as the general public***

1. I just do not like the way the stock exhaust looks, some people like it others don't. There are many other exhaust that i don’t like in fact every single one that is a big long tube off the mid pipe, i despise that. So that includes 95% of aftermarket exhausts as well... Unfortunately, i love the Honda exhaust under the seat. To me it makes the bike look clean and symmetrical. I prefer shorty style exhausts like akra sells, there may be 1 or 2 other companies that also sell a shorty style exhaust as well.

2. I feel the stock exhaust is too quiet. i like the sound of a loud throaty exhaust, i admit ( and have many times) that the megaphones sound good till about 6k then they turn into a shity screaming banshee raspy tone, which is somewhat un appealing. BUT, in my opinion it better then the fart sounding stock can.

Now, i am absolutely sure that there are people who don’t like the M4, akro, Yosh etc but no one goes on a rant and piss moans about how they hate those cans.... Why is that? b/c those can cost $500, $600, $700 dollars?? I guess.. i don’t know, i don’t care... If you like your yosh or what ever exhaust then fine, its all good.. my preference is the akro but i wont force it on you (3rd person, not you specifically). People buy things for different reasons
a. Some can't afford a "Better" exhaust, so the shitty tip for $100 bucks solves that problem
b. some may actually LIKE how the megaphone looks/sounds (idk maybe???)
c. Some people may just be ignorant and don't know any better

Now i am not advocating the megaphone b/c you (personally) and everyone else are completely correct, they are an over priced piece of shit. But i also don't see the need for people to degrade the person owning this exhaust tip just b/c they bought it... I am always all for education and if some one is misinformed that the megaphone is a good choice, hey by all means let them know that is not. But I don’t see the need to flame, bash and degrade people b/c they chose a megaphone, chose to put LEDs on this bike, take off stickers, add stickers, put a 300 tires on the back or lower the bike ’’ off the ground.

Some people know what they are doing some people don’t so informing them of the repercussions of their choice is a great thing to do… but shit slinging them is just wrong in my book.

There is nothing wrong with telling some one "hey, the megaphone isn't a good choice for exhaust man, it offers you nothing in performance and can actually hurt performance. I don't care for the sound it emits as well. Think about man, you just paid $100 for $1.25 piece of rolled up metal. Check out this can instead XXXXXX, its only $250 which is still cheaper then a yosh, akro etc. but at least its better b/c...... idk make up some reason"

Like I said your post contained some very good info and I know you are just trying to help people, that’s what I like about you.. you’re offering sound advice backed by experience where as a lot of other people just sling shit
3/4 LITER GSX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
kojihan
Novice
 
kojihan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA/OC
Motorcycle: 09 gsxr-750
Posts: 82
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

You will regret buying any of those two.... like me!!!
kojihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #15
iuhutch
Rookie
 
iuhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Motorcycle: 2009 Suzuki GSXR 1000
Posts: 1,090
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

It's like putting straight pipes on a Carrera GT. Oh wait - - - isn't that an AWE exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsQ-G0A7lCk
iuhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
mraf88
Back Marker
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SYDNEY OZ
Motorcycle: GSXR 600 k8 black
Posts: 115
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3/4 LITER GSX-R View Post
ToeJam,

You make some really good point in your post….

I can only speak for myself but call it preference or what ever...

***In this post i speak in general terms and not directly to you personally ToeJam, I’m using the word "you" as the general public***

1. I just do not like the way the stock exhaust looks, some people like it others don't. There are many other exhaust that i don’t like in fact every single one that is a big long tube off the mid pipe, i despise that. So that includes 95% of aftermarket exhausts as well... Unfortunately, i love the Honda exhaust under the seat. To me it makes the bike look clean and symmetrical. I prefer shorty style exhausts like akra sells, there may be 1 or 2 other companies that also sell a shorty style exhaust as well.

2. I feel the stock exhaust is too quiet. i like the sound of a loud throaty exhaust, i admit ( and have many times) that the megaphones sound good till about 6k then they turn into a shity screaming banshee raspy tone, which is somewhat un appealing. BUT, in my opinion it better then the fart sounding stock can.

Now, i am absolutely sure that there are people who don’t like the M4, akro, Yosh etc but no one goes on a rant and piss moans about how they hate those cans.... Why is that? b/c those can cost $500, $600, $700 dollars?? I guess.. i don’t know, i don’t care... If you like your yosh or what ever exhaust then fine, its all good.. my preference is the akro but i wont force it on you (3rd person, not you specifically). People buy things for different reasons
a. Some can't afford a "Better" exhaust, so the shitty tip for $100 bucks solves that problem
b. some may actually LIKE how the megaphone looks/sounds (idk maybe???)
c. Some people may just be ignorant and don't know any better

Now i am not advocating the megaphone b/c you (personally) and everyone else are completely correct, they are an over priced piece of shit. But i also don't see the need for people to degrade the person owning this exhaust tip just b/c they bought it... I am always all for education and if some one is misinformed that the megaphone is a good choice, hey by all means let them know that is not. But I don’t see the need to flame, bash and degrade people b/c they chose a megaphone, chose to put LEDs on this bike, take off stickers, add stickers, put a 300 tires on the back or lower the bike ’’ off the ground.

Some people know what they are doing some people don’t so informing them of the repercussions of their choice is a great thing to do… but shit slinging them is just wrong in my book.

There is nothing wrong with telling some one "hey, the megaphone isn't a good choice for exhaust man, it offers you nothing in performance and can actually hurt performance. I don't care for the sound it emits as well. Think about man, you just paid $100 for $1.25 piece of rolled up metal. Check out this can instead XXXXXX, its only $250 which is still cheaper then a yosh, akro etc. but at least its better b/c...... idk make up some reason"

Like I said your post contained some very good info and I know you are just trying to help people, that’s what I like about you.. you’re offering sound advice backed by experience where as a lot of other people just sling shit
great point, i personally ask people for advice. n sometime (nt necessarily this thread) ppl give bit more then asked for.
mraf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #17
750ryder
Squid
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Motorcycle: 08 gsxr 750 black
Posts: 1
Talking Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

i got the jardine gp1 but its for a 06 07 gixxer the 08 jardine slipon is just a price of metal the 06 07 is the whole pipe and shit n sound a better than the 08 cuz u have to cut the cat and all that shit but its better than the 08 hotbodies i had it n sucked then had the jardine slip on too n sucked then got the 07 jardine slip on its was okay for the price now got a akra full sexy loud small black and fits
750ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
marko09
Back Marker
 
marko09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: K9 GSXR 600
Posts: 104
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750ryder View Post
small black and fits
now thats something you dont hear everyday!
marko09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
DemianM
Novice
 
DemianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

Want a loud exhaust which is plain music? Do yourself a favour and save some more for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRTGNijRoI

/End of discussion
DemianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #20
live4speed
Rookie
 
live4speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Des Moines IA
Motorcycle: 2008 Honda CBR 1000RR ; 2008 Honda CRF 450R
Posts: 440
Re: Jardine GP1 vs Hot Bodies Megaphone

honestly i would wait until you can afford a nicer pipe..i had a GP1 on my K7 and i think i actually lost power...either way i wasnt impressed. Granted it cleaned up the looks BIG TIME and make it nice and loud, but if i could do it again, i would have saved my $$ until i could get a taylormade. Hense why my CBR still has the stocker
live4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 2013 Gixxer.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum