All Pa, WV, MD, VA guys and girls : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Regional Forums > Ride Club > Northeast

Old 07-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750
All Pa, WV, MD, VA guys and girls

A buddy and I are planning an all day ride on route 33 from Buckhannon, Wv to Harrisonburg Va. Full of amazing twisties and the most jaw dropping scenery. Guaranteed to be the greatest ride anyone has ever taken. Unless of course you've taken it. I will be posting the exact date and time of departure. It will be on Saturday or Sunday within the next few weeks. If I can get a serious show of hands we can try to work around what best accomadates everyones schedule. Weather of course will be the biggest factor. Everyone is welcome and we will ride according to everyone's skills. Stunting is not welcome. Only responsible riders. No speeding in towns, especially state parks. But, not to say the twisties won't be hit hard. Less skilled riders will be looked out for and not left behind or pushed too hard. And if you are less skilled, join, you could learn a little or just enjoy an awesome ride. If you live on the Virginia or eastern Maryland side, you all could join us for our return ride back or whatever. Would be nice meeting anyone interested.
pearljam724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

Motorcycle: K8 1000 (street) K8 600 (track)
Re: All Pa, WV, MD, VA guys and girls

WOW that sounds like a great ride I'm in the Baltimore, MD area - how far of a ride would it be to make it to the meeting spot or hook-up somewhere along the way ?
BobbyGrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

You could meet us in Harrisonburg, would be around two to three hours for you to get there. It is an awesome ride, considered one of the best motorcycle routes in the country by the motorcycle community. If you think im kidding, do the research.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

Hmmm that isnt too bad - esp. if this ride is as good as you mention. I've been looking to do a full day ride for a while - no one around here likes to ride for more than a few hours haha

When would you guys be looking to do the ride??
Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
dansto82
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K7 GSXR-1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
You could meet us in Harrisonburg, would be around two to three hours for you to get there. It is an awesome ride, considered one of the best in the country by the motorcyle community.
+1 on that being an awesome road even UK mags talk about it

and they say wv has nothing to offer............lol
dansto82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Yeah im all about getting away from traffic and finding mind boggling rides. I see in a lot of your post you ride to find good roads. No exaggeration, this is the grand dad of them all and if you're gonna make a long ride, this is the one you want. I've been to the Dragon and a lot of other fun twisty roads and in my opinion 33 is better. Dragon as fun as it is, is entirely too short and has too much hoopla. The date will be within the next few weekends as soon as I get a count on how many are seriously interested and we will try to work it out so that everyone schedules coexist.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

OK OK I'm in

Gimme time, place, and date and I will be there
Old 07-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansto82 View Post
+1 on that being an awesome road even UK mags talk about it

and they say wv has nothing to offer............lol
Yeah, other than California. West Virgina is where it's at. Route 50 in West Virginia, is also amazing.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyGrand View Post
OK OK I'm in

Gimme time, place, and date and I will be there
great, looking forward to meeting you. I will post date and time within the next week or so as hopefully we get more riders. You can pm directly and give me a phone number, as when it comes time to meet up, we can cordinate a meet up time and place. You'll have a blast. How would you discribe your riding skills and behavior ? Riding skills is not extremely important, but behavior is. If you lack sharp cornering skills, Id be willing to help ya out, of course if you're willing. Just out of curiosity, how much gear do you have ? At the very least, you will want good gloves, jacket, and helmet of course.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

Great - I will PM you my contact stuff.

Ive been riding on the street for 10 years - started out young

I dont stunt or ride wrecklessly - I would consider myself an above average rider in terms of skills, very predictable and safe while riding with others, esp on roads that are new to me. I will be more than content to let the faster riders lead and watch their lines and breaking points.

This should be a good ride. Hope more people respond to the post
Old 07-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
dansto82
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K7 GSXR-1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
Yeah, other than California. West Virgina is where it's at. Route 50 in West Virginia, is also amazing.
i was born and raised right outside of charleston all kinds of good roads around the state rt 35 is good. rt 3 is all right going over bolt moutain is a good quick ride
dansto82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyGrand View Post
Great - I will PM you my contact stuff.

Ive been riding on the street for 10 years - started out young

I dont stunt or ride wrecklessly - I would consider myself an above average rider in terms of skills, very predictable and safe while riding with others, esp on roads that are new to me. I will be more than content to let the faster riders lead and watch their lines and breaking points.

This should be a good ride. Hope more people respond to the post
Cool, that's what we are looking for. Hope more riders want to join, but regardless 3 is a crowd, eah. Group rides are very fun, but if they get huge, they are not so fun. Personally, I prefer smaller groups, but i am always up for meeting new riders from different places. And wether it's 3 or 30, this road is gonna be insane. I'll keep in touch with ya.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

Good deal
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
speedjunkie13
Rookie

Motorcycle: 05 gsx-r 750 blue/black

I might be interested depending on which weekend it ends up taking place. BobbyGrand, I'm in Northern VA, so if i ended up going maybe we could meet up while you're on the way down.

I have a little over a year on the bike now, so i still have lots to learn going around the curves. It would be great to learn from some more experienced riders. (some track days will be coming in the near future i hope) As far as gear, i have everything except pants. I wouldn't plan on pushing hard though.
speedjunkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

Yeah that would work out well hope the weekend this shindig lands on works out for all!!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #16
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie13 View Post
I might be interested depending on which weekend it ends up taking place. BobbyGrand, I'm in Northern VA, so if i ended up going maybe we could meet up while you're on the way down.

I have a little over a year on the bike now, so i still have lots to learn going around the curves. It would be great to learn from some more experienced riders. (some track days will be coming in the near future i hope) As far as gear, i have everything except pants. I wouldn't plan on pushing hard though.
There ya go, Bobbygrand, ya got someone to ride down with and meet us. Get it together guys. Gear is good enough, but id recommend more. I don't have pants either ( seriously working on that, lol ) Im not a MotoGp champion by any means, but I do pretty well in tight corners. It's all about knowing technique and willingness to listen, watch and learn. If you'd like, I'll give ya some pointers. Most importantly, we are gonna have a blast, but at the same time be responsible and try not to get anyone hurt. Guys I ride with always look at for one another.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #17
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

Yeah I need to get a full suit as well - Love the alpinestars rc-1 1 piece in the all black just gotta save the coin for it.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #18
pearljam724
Nittany Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie13 View Post

Where in Northern Va ? I use to work at the Pentegon. Lived in Alexandria, Sterling and Manassas. You guys could meet up near Frederick and head south on 81 till you get to Harrisonburg, it's right off of 81.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
BobbyGrand
I have NO balls....

The Frederick meeting spot works well - I have offices there, very familiar with the area.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
speedjunkie13
Rookie

Motorcycle: 05 gsx-r 750 blue/black

I'm in Fairfax, literally like right off of 66. If it works out, I would be willing to meet up anywhere along 66 or out to 81.

I hear what you are saying about the full suit, i'm in the same boat. I can only justify spending soo much money within a certain period though!
speedjunkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in