The battle of gearing up : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: k4 600 <3
The battle of gearing up

So my INTENTIONS were to make a thread in the girl sub-forum to show off all our bikes...however for 4 pages ive been flamed for not gearing up. For those avid gear heads, must you all sound like "republican-jesus-loving-my-opinion-only-matters-lemme-shove-it-down-your-throat" characters? LIVE & LET LIVE.

/rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
RicketyCricket
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: K3 1000
Re: The battle of gearing up

yeah.. i think they're all trying to help you KEEP living by not having you die cause you're not wearing a jacket.
my wrestling coach was 215 lbs of solid muscle.. great shape. got in a motorcycle accident not wearing his gear - was only going about 45 MPH.. got road rash on his back.. died 3 days later due to blood poisoning. maybe if you took a minute to look at what they're saying instead of how theyre saying it you realize they're not spouting off to sound cool, or high and mighty, but theyre hoping you can avoid some pain. have you ever had road rash scraped out of your body? it f*cking hurts.. that brush they use.. yeah it doesnt feel good.. maybe you should actually buy some shit so when you go down you don't need uneccessary pain.

there are 2 types of bikers in the world - those who have crashed, and those who will. so gear up... i dont think by putting this story in general bike talk you're going to get any more friendly of a greeting to your "I basically ride in sandals shorts, and a tshirt" mentality.. if you were looking to get some support - wrong way to do it.

Last edited by RicketyCricket; 06-24-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

I'm not looking for support, I'm firm on my PERSONAL decision..I just dont get the whole shoving opinions down each others throat bull. Granted, I don't ride in leathers, but atleast I do sport a helmet. Again, thank you and I appreciate the general concensus of concern...but opinions are like assholes..everyone has one and they stink.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
redneckrider
big floppy donkey dick

Motorcycle: K7 750

well said Rickety

No one expects you to ride in leathers all the time, but wear a jacket for your own sake. Even a cheap ass textile will do more good than a t shirt.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
MikeHump
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and ballast

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R600

i don't have a problem with not wearing gear, it's your body, your choice

i just laugh at the excuses like, "it's too hot to wear gear"

just admit that you don't want to wear gear and quit making excuses to try to make yourself look better to all the gear nazis.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
03impy
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 06 R1

like he said....

there's riders that have been down and riders that are goin down.

we just try to live in a squid-free GDC.....lol yea right!

Last edited by 03impy; 06-24-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
RicketyCricket
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HER_mkv View Post
I'm not looking for support, I'm firm on my PERSONAL decision..I just dont get the whole shoving opinions down each others throat bull. Granted, I don't ride in leathers, but atleast I do sport a helmet. Again, thank you and I appreciate the general concensus of concern...but opinions are like assholes..everyone has one and they stink.
i get what you're saying about its a personal choice - but do like 1/10th of research and you'll realize your choice is based off of nothing. if you read any statistics at all you'll understand that basic gear (not just a helmet - but that's a good start) is a excellent idea. i have crashed twice. once wearing a jacket and jeans - once in some gym shorts (i was coming back from soccer practice, only 2 miles form my house - flame away - i know my errors now and gear up), i also had on a icon vest (once again - i wear a jacket all the time now). but i got road rash all up the inside of my arm - and im telling you the likely hood of you crashing your bike sometime in your life is like 90%. if you want to avoid unecessary pain - you would do good to spend 200 bucks on a jacket and some $$ on some gloves.

it is your PERSONAL choice to wear a tshirt when you ride.. its also everyones PERSONAL choice to flame you for your personal choice... but seriously a minor accident can turn major if not wearing the correct gear. like the story i related above about my wrestling coach. was just road rash - it all could have been prevented and he would have just had some bruises if he had on a jacket.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
Stew600
Blowjobs........ for the ULTRA low-low price of $3.50

Motorcycle: '08 GSX-R600(STOLEN)
Thumbs up Re: The battle of gearing up

Quote:
So my INTENTIONS were to make a thread in the girl sub-forum to show off all our bikes...however for 4 pages ive been flamed for not gearing up. For those avid gear heads, must you all sound like "republican-jesus-loving-my-opinion-only-matters-lemme-shove-it-down-your-throat" characters? LIVE & LET LIVE.

/rant
I agree thats how most people are here, but thats just their opinions!!! Personally I ride in jeans and jacket 90% but their are time I ride in shorts and a t-shirt and their are times I ride in my 2-piece just depends on the occasion!!!

Its your choice to ride in whatever gear you want wether its shorts and a t-shirt or whatever and who cares what anyone else thinks about it!!!

Hell I just respect the fact that you even ride a sportbike because there really arent that many girls out there who do

Have fun out there and ride safe
M4 Full Exhaust - Bazzaz Z-FI & Z-AFM - K&N filter - Puig Z-Racing Windscreen - Suzuki Carbon Fiber pieces- Scorpio Sr-i900 alarm - Hotbodies Racing Blockoffs - CRG barend mirrors - PAIR mod- Bazzaz Z-Bomb - Driven 520 conv. -1 +2 - Spiegler Brakelines - SpeedoHealer
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
It's_Just_Bob
Deceptively fat procrastinating Bob...

Motorcycle: k8 1000 street, 06 600 track

If you don't want to wear leathers, then don't. This is one conservative who doesn't give a shit if you want to crash without leathers, just don't go running to the government asking for my tax money for skin grafting or new laws that demand free skin grafting (on the taxpayer) for those who chose to ride without leathers.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

I admit it...i don't want to wear it..
-its too hot
-its uncomfortable
-i havent found anything to my personal taste
-its expensive
Old 06-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

dont worry nj, i wont reach into your pockets...i have a good insurance policy and i work for a hospital, it'll be a write-off
Old 06-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
RicketyCricket
!##NULL##!

Quote:
I admit it...i don't want to wear it..
-its too hot
-its uncomfortable
-i havent found anything to my personal taste
-its expensive
.. get textile jacket.. my textile jacket is actually COOLER than if i'm in a tshirt.
are regular jackets uncomfortable? maybe your body shape is just retarded?
-um taste vs safety.. look for somethign black, or pink.
- it might be expensive.. but it hurts a lot less than having road rash scrubbed out of your back with what feels like a metal brush.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
Elfling
Rookie

Motorcycle: 02 f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHump View Post
i don't have a problem with not wearing gear, it's your body, your choice

i just laugh at the excuses like, "it's too hot to wear gear"

just admit that you don't want to wear gear and quit making excuses to try to make yourself look better to all the gear nazis.
I agree with this completely.

Expensive? You shouldn't be riding an expensive machine then. Get a cheaper hobby.
Hot? Shouldn't be riding.
Don't like how it looks? Imagine how scars look.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicketyCricket View Post
.. get textile jacket.. my textile jacket is actually COOLER than if i'm in a tshirt.
are regular jackets uncomfortable? maybe your body shape is just retarded?
-um taste vs safety.. look for somethign black, or pink.
- it might be expensive.. but it hurts a lot less than having road rash scrubbed out of your back with what feels like a metal brush.
trust me...my body is fine, far from retarded
-and i meant in the sense that i want something basic and NON-"girly", and for the most part every female fitted jacket has flowers or butterfags on it
-true...but scars are kind cute
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
KayJayz
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K7 600, 05 Katana 600 (Sold), 03 Ninja 250 (Stolen)

I got an ICON textile jacket ($200) and some Astar gloves ($50). and a helmet of course. lol. I have the bare minimum of gear and what I have is super comfortable and I couldnt imagine riding without it. I will be getting better stuff later, but you really should pony up some dough for the bare minimum.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Elfling
Rookie

Motorcycle: 02 f4i

Quote:
-and i meant in the sense that i want something basic and NON-"girly", and for the most part every female fitted jacket has flowers or butterfags on it
No, no they aren't. Not road rash scars.

There are PLENTY of female jackets out there that are designed for females and aren't "girlie". Go look at the jacket thread in the girl forum, we just had a discussion with lots of pics.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
RicketyCricket
!##NULL##!

Quote:
.. well how are jackets uncomfortable then quazzimodo(i bet thats spelled wrong - but you get the idea - hunchback of notre dame)?
you could buy a mens jacket
scars are cute if they're little.. if the scars across a large section of your body - its generally a turn off because as males - we're shallow and like girls for looks initially.. so if your skin looks like its havving a fckin seizure because of how many bumps are on it from the rash - thats not really an appealing look.

i'm nto gonna argue or preach to you (at least anymore, i'm sure i've already done enough ahah) just be safe and try to find some gear so we dont see a post in a few months thats like "I wish i bought a jacket..."
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
C41177
Thugnificent

Motorcycle: black 08 Gix 6

I strongly believe that it IS your choice to wear whatever you want when you ride.

But at the same time, road rash isn't cool (from what I heard).

I ride with boots, gloves, helmet, leather jacket, AND knee/shin guards all the time. Yes, even in 90 degree weather. Of course I'm hot, and yes it's uncomfortable a little; but it saves my skin in case something bad happens.

As far as the personal taste, go to www.rideicon.com. They got some cool girl gear. And if you don't have the money; save up, ask your family, work the pole, or do something to get some money for gear.

After reading the 100 + posts people are going to make here, and still decide to ride without gear; I still wish you the best of luck. Learn for other people mistakes and misfornes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSoul498 View Post
Put on your daisy dukes and lemme beat dat pussy.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

rickety...god forbid it happens to me...i wont regret it
Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #20
HER_mkv
!##NULL##!

c41177 thank you for respecting my decision