newbie with a gsxr powered quad : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > The Starting Line< =======

Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

newbie with a gsxr powered quad

Hey everyone. Thought id post here cuz i have no idea where to start haha. Ok.. i dont ride bikes but i have started a project on four wheels thats powered by 750cc's of 2 wheel power! The quad (4wheeler) is a 00' yamaha(yeah i know ) warrior 350. The good part is it is powered by a 00' suzuki gsxr 750. Since this has became quite a project i thought id do some research and seek some help from people who know more about this powerplant than i do. i will probably have tons of questions when the time comes to rebuild the motor. I plan on doing a basic rebuild myself, i know my way around motors but this is the first bike motor i have worked on. So any tips tricks or whatever would be greatly appriciated. I will also need some parts like exhaust and stator cover. For all the details on this project please check out this page http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=15618

here are some pics:

To fast for the camera

so let me know if u have any suggestions or comments!! thanks!!

Last edited by WesTXwitesnake; 04-16-2009 at 10:27 PM.
WesTXwitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
brocklanders
Rookie

Motorcycle: 07GSXR750
Re: newbie with a gsxr powered quad

I am so jealous right now, that thing must fucking whale!
brocklanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

haha yeah when i tried to sell it no one would test ride it! I have a friend in law enforcement who shot it with his radar gun durung some top speed runs on that dirt road in the pic. it did 101 in 5th gear with the tires spinning and the quad drifting around the road. when i got off i was shakin like a bitch! And that was with the 52 tooth atv sprocket, now it has a custom sidewinder/krause racing 46 tooth sprocket
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

so where do i go for tech help?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
brocklanders
Rookie

Motorcycle: 07GSXR750

Tech help? Whats the problem?
brocklanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
Tech help? Whats the problem?
im not to familiar with bikes so forgive my ignorance... i need to fabricate some new motor mounts. right now the upper mounts consist of bolts with washers for spacers, and that doesnt seem solid enough to me.. what type of mounts are on the bike frame? if i see it i can build it.

also i was told if the motor runs with open exhaust too long it could burn up the valves.. is that bullshit? when i bought this thing it was open header and i have no idea how long it was run like that.

thanks for any help!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
MZA
Rookie

Motorcycle: k7 750, 05 ninja 250, 82 xl500r

Sick quad man! I can email you the service manual for the 00-02 gsxr 750, provided you don't have it already, shoot me a pm with your email if your interested.
MZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZA View Post
Sick quad man! I can email you the service manual for the 00-02 gsxr 750, provided you don't have it already, shoot me a pm with your email if your interested.
i appriciate it man but ive got the service manual... the wiring diagram is confusing in the book tho, it doesnt tell me what anything is so i have to trace every wire from the hacked up harness and then i only have a somewhat educated guess as to where it goes. do you have a better wiring diagram?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
Anthony1000R
Novice

Motorcycle: 03' GSXR1000, Sold the SV650

I'm thinking Sticky on this post. Looks like an awesome project. Good luck to you, just be careful man.
Anthony1000R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1000R View Post
I'm thinking Sticky on this post. Looks like an awesome project. Good luck to you, just be careful man.
now that'd be some good motivation for me to get this thing done! thanks man

Last edited by WesTXwitesnake; 04-16-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
Anthony1000R
Novice

Motorcycle: 03' GSXR1000, Sold the SV650

You got it, good luck and have fun. I am looking to buy a frame and build from the ground up. Hopin to find an 05' or 06' 750.
Anthony1000R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

that should be a fun project good luck man
Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #13
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

During some dissassembly I found out the thermostat was stuck open so i went looking for one but the 2000 model thermostat housing was different from mine, WTF?? This meant i didnt have a 2000 model motor!?!
I got the engine number and called my local Suzuki dealer... After some research i was informed that the number matched up to a 1998-99 bike. So this started a whole new parts seach. The same day i found a guy who has a 99 gsxr 750 he is parting out! Talk about luck!! I needed several parts like a radiator, speed sensor, exhaust, and a few other small parts to get this motor running like it should. I talked to the guy and he has all the parts i needed and is asking very fair prices for them so i am very excited!!!

If all checks out good i will be getting his speed sensor to get the tach and speedo to work, His custom Yoshimura exhaust with header, and complete radiator (with fan, sensors, all hoses, overflow container, thermostat and housings!)

Once i get all these parts i can finish the fabrication on the frame, brackets, and motor mounts. Once everything is hooked up and mounted perfect i will take the motor to the Suzuki dealer to get it all checked out have the valves adjusted and whatever else it needs. hopefully there wont be any serious problems with the motor!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! i cant wait to get this thing running!! wish me luck!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #14
Shanes750
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K7 GSXR 750 K6 (track)GSXR 600

Shanes750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #15
WesTXwitesnake
Squid

just an update.. ive got the frame almost done. just working on motor mounts right now. Is there a certain angle this motor is supposed to be mounted at? i was just going to level it off of the flat part of the oil pan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in