k8 gsxr 600 headlight.. : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 08-10 GSX-R600/750

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
saucemang
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 08' Gixxer 600
k8 gsxr 600 headlight..

is there a plastic mount to hold up the headlight, i dont mean the front fairing stay. What I am talking about actually holds the headlight in place, is it all part of the headlight itself or is it a seperate piece. thanks for the help. trying to rebuild my bike.
saucemang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 02:53 AM   #2
08 GSX-R750
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R750, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14
Re: k8 gsxr 600 headlight..

Does that help?
08 GSX-R750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
saucemang
Back Marker

that does help. but what does the headlight bolt on to to keep it sterdy. isnt there a peice of frame that comes across the forks and into the body to keep it up.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
saucemang
Back Marker

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...00_Strip_L.jpg

in this link there a pic of what i mean. its the piece that goes across the forks and into the frame. i think the headlight bolts into this peice. thanks for the help
Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
JoshuaAM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucemang View Post
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...00_Strip_L.jpg

in this link there a pic of what i mean. its the piece that goes across the forks and into the frame. i think the headlight bolts into this peice. thanks for the help
OK the best way to put everything back together.

First with the light off the fairing stay, attach the front cowling to the light, then attach the ram air ducts these are the pieces you are talking about, they don't really support the light much. once the air ducts are attached to there mounting point on the light you then attach the air duct cowling to the ram air ducts and front cowling. Now you should have the entire front light assembled once this is done, you then put the light back on the bike. Slide the whole light and fairings onto the bike, making sure the ram air ducts are in the holes on the side of the frame, then attach the light to the fairing stays with the two mounting screws. It's kinda crazy but believe it or not the entire front end is mounted to the bike with just those two screw, everything else just add a little support. If I was not clear please let me know, I will try my best to clarify everything.
JoshuaAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
nate_23
Squid

i think he is talking about the upper fairing mount which holds up the headlight an the gauges an then the fairing mount to upper fairing mount

Last edited by nate_23; 06-29-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: i left out some stuff
nate_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:15 AM   #7
anders r
Back Marker

Motorcycle: GSXR750 K8, DR650, Kona Dew+

I just have ripped my fairings off as I am putting on racefairings modiified to let me use the original head and taillight. The headlight is fastened to the frontfairing with no less than 7 screws and to the fairing horn with only 2 screws. The fairing horn is bolted to the frame and it is the part that also supports the instruments. Then the fairing is only bolted with the mirrors and beneath the footpegs. The rest is just fasteners pushed through rubbers grommets or plastics. The airducts is screwed into the bottom af the headlight and the sidefairings and help stabilize the headlight. Not much support really, but enough.
anders r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement