Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 06-07 GSX-R600/750

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
Brocade
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 20
Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Hi Folks,

My bike is downstairs at work and the battery has run-out... I can't download any manuals due to firewalls, so have no access to anything which:
1. Shows me where the battery is
2. Explains what the procedure is to jump-start the bike from another battery

Could someone please explain to me where the battery is on a GSXR 750 K7 and how I jump start this thing ?

If someone has a pdf manual, it would be great if you could email to tolga at coubros.com and I could probably answer these questionf ro myself.

Many thanks in advance.
Tolga
Brocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
1qwik6
Superbike Champ
 
1qwik6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Inside your head.
Motorcycle: 07 600 track bitch
Posts: 10,377
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

You really don't know where your battery is?
1qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
2007gsxr600
Lifetime Premium
 
2007gsxr600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: union nj
Motorcycle: L1 750
Posts: 718
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

are you serious????......

2007gsxr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
jgsxr1
Rookie
 
jgsxr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: mass
Motorcycle: '07 Gixxer 750 Blk/Slvr
Posts: 297
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

under the seat- but seriously- maybe you should reconsider the whole bike thing- when you first got the bike did you take a minute at all to look over the owners manual?
jgsxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #5
Suhtebun
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 845 & 215
Motorcycle: K4 Gsxr 600
Posts: 280
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocade View Post
Hi Folks,

My bike is downstairs at work and the battery has run-out... I can't download any manuals due to firewalls, so have no access to anything which:
1. Shows me where the battery is
2. Explains what the procedure is to jump-start the bike from another battery

Could someone please explain to me where the battery is on a GSXR 750 K7 and how I jump start this thing ?

If someone has a pdf manual, it would be great if you could email to tolga at coubros.com and I could probably answer these questionf ro myself.

Many thanks in advance.
Tolga
It's under your seat.
Suhtebun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
1qwik6
Superbike Champ
 
1qwik6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Inside your head.
Motorcycle: 07 600 track bitch
Posts: 10,377
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Now make a donation so you can sell it.
1qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
madmike01uk
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, England
Posts: 376
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Remove the two bolts (one on each side) on the tank infill panels and lift you seat off. And the battery is there.

Found this on the web.

STEP 1: Connect one end of the Positive(+) cable to the Positive(+) post of the dead battery.

STEP 2: Connect the other end of the Positive(+) cable to the Positive(+) post of the good battery.



STEP 3: Connect one end of the Negative(-) cable to the Negative(-) post of the good battery.


STEP 4: Connect the other end of the Negative(-) cable to a good solid SHINY, NON PAINTED metal part of the engine on the dead vehicle. Usually a giant shiny nut on the engine block will do. A painted, dirty, or oily nut will not work. You usually want to avoid placing the Negative(-) cable directly on the dead battery to minimize the chance for explosions. You should only use the ground post on the dead battery as a last resort. On this step you'll get a normal spark as you connect the ground and complete the circuit.

Good to see everyone else jumping in to help this guy out. Now I remember why I don't use this forum very much.
__________________
08 K7 GSXR750

08 DRZ400SM for everday use
madmike01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 AM   #8
1qwik6
Superbike Champ
 
1qwik6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Inside your head.
Motorcycle: 07 600 track bitch
Posts: 10,377
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike01uk View Post
Good to see everyone else jumping in to help this guy out. Now I remember why I don't use this forum very much.
People should know where their battery is, no excuses c'mon now.
1qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:44 AM   #9
My1stBike.was.a-BUSA
My1stFuck.was.a-BLOKE
 
My1stBike.was.a-BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Motorcycle: Street Bikes - 2 2002 GSXR1K -- Track Bike - 2007 GSXR600
Posts: 256
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

nipple sleeve receiver has to be removed 1st. then you can access it under the pan rocket pan under the finiquin pin shield
My1stBike.was.a-BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
V2rider
Superbike Champ
 
V2rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MN
Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750 on the way
Posts: 9,046
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Troll
V2rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 AM   #11
madmike01uk
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, England
Posts: 376
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qwik6 View Post
People should know where their battery is, no excuses c'mon now.
True, but everyone has to start somewhere.
madmike01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #12
Brocade
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Many thanks, much appreciated. Exactly what I needed.
Regards,
Tolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike01uk View Post
Remove the two bolts (one on each side) on
the tank infill panels and lift you seat off. And the battery is there.

Found this on the web.

STEP 1: Connect one end of the Positive(+) cable to the Positive(+) post of the dead battery.

STEP 2: Connect the other end of the Positive(+) cable to the Positive(+) post of the good battery.



STEP 3: Connect one end of the Negative(-) cable to the Negative(-) post of the good battery.


STEP 4: Connect the other end of the Negative(-) cable to a good solid SHINY, NON PAINTED metal part of the engine on the dead vehicle. Usually a giant shiny nut on the engine block will do. A painted, dirty, or oily nut will not work. You usually want to avoid placing the Negative(-) cable directly on the dead battery to minimize the chance for explosions. You should only use the ground post on the dead battery as a last resort. On this step you'll get a normal spark as you connect the ground and complete the circuit.

Good to see everyone else jumping in to help this guy out. Now I remember why I don't use this forum very much.
Brocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
AsphaltPilot74
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Va
Motorcycle: '06 750
Posts: 515
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocade View Post
Many thanks, much appreciated. Exactly what I needed.
Regards,
Tolga
use a battery tender from auto parts store.

if you jump it using a car battery then leave the car engine off
AsphaltPilot74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
1qwik6
Superbike Champ
 
1qwik6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Inside your head.
Motorcycle: 07 600 track bitch
Posts: 10,377
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike01uk View Post
True, but everyone has to start somewhere.
On good ol GDC?

When you buy a car and want to know where shit is, what do you do? You look for it. If someone can figure out and take the time to register on a forum, they can poke around their own bike and see what is what. Thats just pure laziness, least make an effort, or an indication of some sort an effort.
1qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
ATL_gixxer
Back Marker
 
ATL_gixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta
Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 600
Posts: 220
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Correction On steps mentioned above.....he almost had them right:

Remove the two bolts (one on each side) on the tank infill panels and lift you seat off. And the battery is there. Then place the bolts in either side of your neck and walk around like Frankenstien.

STEP 1: Connect one end of the Positive(+) cable to the Positive(+) post of the dead battery.

STEP 2: Connect the other end of the Positive(+) cable to the right testicle



STEP 3: Connect one end of the Negative(-) cable to to your left breastacle

STEP 4: Connect the other end of the Negative(-) cable to a good solid SHINY, piece of jewelry you are wearing. You usually want to place the Negative(-) cable directly on the dead battery to optimize the chance of jumping.

Seriously though....stupid hurts don't it?

Make a donation and sell your bike before you end up making an organ donation
ATL_gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
Brocade
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Hi AsphaltPilot,

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltPilot74 View Post
use a battery tender from auto parts store.

if you jump it using a car battery then leave the car engine off
Brocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Brocade
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhtebun View Post
It's under your seat.
Brocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
Brocade
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 20
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Thanks jgsxr1. Actually, I did look at the manual but that was about 3 years ago, never had a problem with the bike until now, and it's not here with me at work. Appreciate your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsxr1 View Post
under the seat- but seriously- maybe you should reconsider the whole bike thing- when you first got the bike did you take a minute at all to look over the owners manual?
Brocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #19
05evoGSR
Novice
 
05evoGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dirty Jer-z
Motorcycle: Black 2007 GSX-R 600
Posts: 30
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

this question was almost as good as the "OMG what is THIS!!!" thread lol
05evoGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #20
SL9
Rookie
 
SL9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Motorcycle: K7 Suzuki GSXR 600
Posts: 859
Re: Where is the battery and how do I jumpstart ?

Kinda hard to believe....

SL9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 2013 Gixxer.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum