wheelies on a gsxr 1000 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Racing & Stunts > Stunts & Tricks

Old 08-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
ftwrider1000
Squid

Motorcycle: gsxr 1000
wheelies on a gsxr 1000

i can pull it up no problem in first and wined it out. i cant get it up in second with the clutch!!! it just jerks but dont come up. can anyone help with how fast i should be going and the rpms should be at thanks
ftwrider1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
silentmayhem
Butthurt Fake NOS wanting Poser

Re: wheelies on a gsxr 1000

Stunt & Tricks
silentmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
twopoke
Rookie

Motorcycle: gsxr 600ish srad '99

ive got standard gearing on a gsxr 1000 motor. i go along at 50 mph in second give it a big rev and clutch blip and up she comes!

with the power of the thou its easy in second!
twopoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Hermans
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K3 750

more throttle...
Hermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
TK750
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 02 Honda 954RR. 04 Gix 600 getting assembled.

Its all technique and body position. I can get mine up at 3k rpms or 12k rpm's and so can you. Just keep practicing, there is no set speed or rpm needed.
TK750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
soultrain1k
Novice

Motorcycle: K6 GIXXER THOU

Shouldnt need to use clutch in 2nd.....that thing's got way too much power. Try just getting it around 55 mph or so and quickly close the throttle to compress the front forks and give her a nice chunk of throttle--- she should come straight up! Dont know what model year 1k you have just be careful... even in 2nd she is pretty violent on the K6.

Save your clutch.
soultrain1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
*BeNnEtT*
Back Marker

It should come up pretty easy round 55-60 in 2nd gear. I can get mine up in 2nd gear bout 25mph pretty easy. It just takes practice. Thats using the clutch.
*BeNnEtT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #8
TK750
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrain1k View Post
Shouldnt need to use clutch in 2nd.....that thing's got way too much power. Try just getting it around 55 mph or so and quickly close the throttle to compress the front forks and give her a nice chunk of throttle--- she should come straight up! Dont know what model year 1k you have just be careful... even in 2nd she is pretty violent on the K6.

Save your clutch.

Of course you dont NEED to use the clutch. Only that using it actually will actually allow you to control the power easier, and be much more consistant pulling it up. Keep practicing your clutching.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
soultrain1k
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK750 View Post
Of course you dont NEED to use the clutch. Only that using it actually will actually allow you to control the power easier, and be much more consistant pulling it up. Keep practicing your clutching.
Control the power easier??? Throttle control applies to either, but I would think clutching would be very dangerous at the wrong RPM to release as a beginner to wheelies with 150+ ponies on tap. We're not talking about a 600 here. I know how to clutch up a wheelie and have done it may times on my previous 750. With clutching there are so many more variables involved to be consistent so you make no sense brother. How is that easier to achieve consistency???

OP: do what ever is most comfortable for you....my point if you want to wheelie a GSXR 1000 in second the simplest way without risk in LOOPING and causing unnecesary wear on a liter-bike is grabbing the right amount of throttle around 50-55 mph it without the clutch. Practice makes perfect, so good luck.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
TK750
Back Marker

^ Im not great at explaining things, and i certainly dont want to confuse the OP. That said the next time your at a stunt show, or see a lot full of guys ask them if they power wheelie, or clutch it. I would be willing to bet they can explain it real good. I also feel that if you cant handle the extra work of slipping a clutch to wheelie, as opposed to just smashing the throttle, you prolly should not be doin wheelies anyhow.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #11
JinVortex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermans View Post
more throttle...
yep more throttle
JinVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
pkempski
Squid

Motorcycle: k7 1000

Quote:
Control the power easier??? Throttle control applies to either, but I would think clutching would be very dangerous at the wrong RPM to release as a beginner to wheelies with 150+ ponies on tap. We're not talking about a 600 here. I know how to clutch up a wheelie and have done it may times on my previous 750. With clutching there are so many more variables involved to be consistent so you make no sense brother. How is that easier to achieve consistency???

OP: do what ever is most comfortable for you....my point if you want to wheelie a GSXR 1000 in second the simplest way without risk in LOOPING and causing unnecesary wear on a liter-bike is grabbing the right amount of throttle around 50-55 mph it without the clutch. Practice makes perfect, so good luck.

enjoy courtesy of f4rider

Why clutching wheelies is the best method for launching wheelies
Clutching is by far the best way to get wheelies up, regardless of whether the bike has enough power to power it up. While it does wear out clutch plates a little faster than normal, the difference is not significant. I also have never read about any major problems as the result of the extra tension on the drive train. There are many advantages to clutching wheelies vs. powering wheelies. 1. It allows you to wheelie bikes that donít have enough power to power it up. 2. You can wheelie at lower rpmís, and therefore slower speeds. This allows beginners to keep a wheelie up longer, with out being at the balance point. 3. The launch is more predictable. When powering a wheelie up, the front end comes up relatively slow. Then when the front end is about 3 feet off the ground, the front end jumps up very fast under full throttle, making for a scary and unpredictable launch. When clutching up wheelies right, the front jumps up close to the balance point. From there you just play with the throttle to fine adjust the height. After a little practice, clutching becomes very predictable and not frightening at all. 4. All of the pros that I know of clutch every wheelie. You want to be like them donít you
pkempski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
soultrain1k
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkempski View Post
enjoy courtesy of f4rider

Why clutching wheelies is the best method for launching wheelies
Clutching is by far the best way to get wheelies up, regardless of whether the bike has enough power to power it up. While it does wear out clutch plates a little faster than normal, the difference is not significant. I also have never read about any major problems as the result of the extra tension on the drive train. There are many advantages to clutching wheelies vs. powering wheelies. 1. It allows you to wheelie bikes that donít have enough power to power it up. 2. You can wheelie at lower rpmís, and therefore slower speeds. This allows beginners to keep a wheelie up longer, with out being at the balance point. 3. The launch is more predictable. When powering a wheelie up, the front end comes up relatively slow. Then when the front end is about 3 feet off the ground, the front end jumps up very fast under full throttle, making for a scary and unpredictable launch. When clutching up wheelies right, the front jumps up close to the balance point. From there you just play with the throttle to fine adjust the height. After a little practice, clutching becomes very predictable and not frightening at all. 4. All of the pros that I know of clutch every wheelie. You want to be like them donít you
Your comments are entertaining. Grow up kid.

Like I said, OP do what is most comfortable without risking your safety and ride!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
Kenbo3399
Willing Cum Bucket

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R 750 Silver & Gray(Stolen), 2013 gsxr 1k

i have a friend whose got a gix 1k. he does tank wheelies without the clutch
Kenbo3399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #15
mannyb18b
Rookie

Motorcycle: 06 gsx-r 600

Quote:
Your comments are entertaining. Grow up kid.

Like I said, OP do what is most comfortable without risking your safety and ride!
I see what you are saying, and why you are saying it. An that's fine.

But I can tell by some of your answers that you are not very skilled, which isn't your fault to not fully understand why "we" say to clutch.

It will come...
mannyb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #16
pkempski
Squid

Motorcycle: k7 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyb18b View Post
I see what you are saying, and why you are saying it. An that's fine.

But I can tell by some of your answers that you are not very skilled, which isn't your fault to not fully understand why "we" say to clutch.

It will come...
+1

my comments are "funny". i think its funny that you claim to be able to clutch it, but say powers are more comfortable. learn to use the clutch my friend. i am a kid, i'm 20. i'm no stunter but i can wheelie and hit bp and do some variations, guaranteed more than you can.

i'm not turning it into a hate thread, not even trying to hate on you, just saying
pkempski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #17
Kaduku 1k
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2003 Honda CBR954RR

22 posts on here and you're calling out mannyb in the stunt forum? Not very wise, grasshopper. Mannyb has prolly forgotten more stunts than we'll even learn.
Kaduku 1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
silentmayhem
Butthurt Fake NOS wanting Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduku 1k View Post
22 posts on here and you're calling out mannyb in the stunt forum? Not very wise, grasshopper. Mannyb has prolly forgotten more stunts than we'll even learn.
You chamorro? I was born on Guam, Raised in Saipan for 15 years.
silentmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #19
TK750
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkempski View Post

guaranteed more than you can.

I doubt anyone is gonna hate, or turn this thread the wrong way. I can however almost assuridly state that the quote i highlighted is wrong. All im gonna say about it.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #20
FirmeGSXR
Mi Vida Loca

Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000

^yep...do your research b4 u talk....
FirmeGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement