Are all shoei X-11 helmets the same size shell : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk > Riding Gear/Apparel

Old 04-09-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
LoganG1K
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000
Are all shoei X-11 helmets the same size shell

I bought a shoei x11 helmet for a good price and it could be too large. It feels good on my head but when i start to hit high speeds it starts to left off my head. I saw on shoei's website that they sold the helmet padding. So i thought maybe i could buy the helmet pads for the medium and button them into my large helmet changing the size to a medium. will this work?
LoganG1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2003, 07:20 PM   #2
HSCRAMBLER
Back Marker

Motorcycle: HSCRAMBLER
Re: Are all shoei X-11 helmets the same size shell

I'm not sure on Shoei's but most helmet makers have two shells per helmet model. Usually XS, S, M.....use the small shell and L, XL, XXL use the large shell. THe only real difference in the size is the cheek pads. Buy a size smaller than what you currently have. This should snug it up a bit and if it lifts off your head will be in it! I ran into the same problem with my AGV X-vent, except mine was too tight so I had to get a size larger pads. Hope this helps! But before you order anything i would email shoei and find out what helmets share the shell.
HSCRAMBLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 12:25 AM   #3
LoganG1K
Back Marker

I emailed them with this question. But they haven't replied yet. I wore the helmet for the first time when I put some good miles on the bike. Every body was saying damn is your helmet tight enough? They all said it was leaving real good impressions on my face. So I guess this means the helmet fits, right? I snugged the strap down a little more than usual. It lifted under my chin a little sore but there was less lift.

Does anybody know how I can lessen the lines on my face caused by the helmet? It wont be very fun going to class with all of those checkers and line imprinted all over my face.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
TJ Hooker
Rookie

Motorcycle: TJ Hooker

This reply probably won't help to answer your question, but I've owned two different Shoei helmets and experienced the EXACT same thing you are describing. The helmets were the RF-800 (a few years ago) and a 2001 model TZ1. I've since gone to the Arai (Signet GT) and have had NO problems. My Shoei's fit snug and comfy (also left a few "impressions" on my melon) so I know it wasn't that they were too loose. You, my friend, might not have a "Shoei head".
TJ Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #5
LoganG1K
Back Marker

here is what shoei had to say: "That will work for the cheek pads but not the crown liner."

So i guess that answers that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement