Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2007 GSXR died during ride then won't start up unless battery is charged???????

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Bagherra 
#1 ·
First things first hello everyone! I'm new to this forum :) ok now to business
I own a 2007 GSXR 600 with 12000 miles on it the other night I was riding home and the whole dashboard went to zeros and froze rpms wouldn't move then eventually my bikes engine died. So I pulled over and tried to start her again and all the lights went faint/dim and started clicking rapidly in the back right tail fairing from there she was towed :(( I charged the battery over night and started her up again about 25 miles later I parked and she wouldn't start back up :((( towed again....had the battery checked and used a multi Meter to test voltage it came out normal do I eliminated the battery being the problem so I started the bike and revved it, when doing this the battery level increased like it should but when I was off the throttle the battery trickled down 0.01 voltage every second untill it died. I heard rumors of the stator being the problem but I thought if the stator was bad it wouldn't charge when I revved??? Someone help do I have to bring it into the shop or am I missing something oh by the way I checked all my plugs my left blinker was acting up but this was long before this happened and I even tried it with the left blinker unplugged so that can't be the reason either help?!?!?

#3 ·
i had a similar problem. it ending up being my stator. i dash went to zero's and then after 2 miles the bike completely died. you need to test the 3 prone plug that connects to ur rectifier. in a/c mode. that should tell you if ur stator is producing any power. if the rectifier is bad usually the wires will be burnt. good luck.

#7 ·
Its most likely the stator or rectifier.

The parts are pretty expensive, so you might wanna try wrenching it yourself to save some cash. Or maybe someone can stop by and help for a burger and beer.

#10 ·
Dang thats a little too far for me lol

Download the service manual for your bike, and if you have some basic garage tools and some patience, you can get it done yourself.

To test them, you only need a multimeter

#15 ·
Why dont you spend a few minutes and a fraction on your 80 dollars to buy a multimeter and check to see if its working? I had the same problem as you, and after checking the rectifier, it turned out it was working fine. You might end up saving yourself 80 bucks aswell.

The rectifier is located right behind the radiator. It should be on the left side of the bike (clutch side).

The stator is right under the bikes VIN number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.