Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Did you get out for a ride today? Pics?

55K views 558 replies 122 participants last post by  Gixxerider86 
#1 ·
Weather was just too nice so I HAD to leave work early and go for a spin. Went out to Sidney and took some pics by my wifes uncles fish market.
Where did you go today?:biggrin

Attachments

See less See more
#43 ·
Finally got out on mine today... 1st time since August, when I had fuel starvation problems, got a 36mile test ride, think there's a slight missfire at idle but it clears and runs clean once the throttle is opened. So I'm happy for now, just glad to get back out on it...:biggrin Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycling

#44 ·
Finally got out on mine today... 1st time since August, when I had fuel starvation problems, got a 36mile test ride, think there's a slight missfire at idle but it clears and runs clean once the throttle is opened. So I'm happy for now, just glad to get back out on it...:biggrin View attachment 195487
Glad you were able to get Scotty! It's not any fun just looking at your bike.:biggrin Bike looks great too!

#46 ·
Got out for little ride yesterday. Needed a new wood chopping axe, good excuse to go to Crappy Tire. I have the side covers off and at the body shop so they can match the paint to my new solo cowl. Can't wait! So I took my even older girl out.
Temp here was 5 or 6 degrees (40 for the yanks) not bad for a December day in Canada!

Attachments

#49 ·
Christmas Eve Ride... Family slept in and I got to ride. The sun is shining and it's 76 degrees.

So I rode my race prepped endurance bike around the block that's ready for next season, (She's a Monster, LOL), and I rode my XX about 30 miles around town while listening to Christmas music.

I'm truly blessed and I thank the Lord for my Family, Health and all the blessings I receive daily.

I pray for the solders that can't be with their family during Christmas and are allowing me to be with my family under the protection that they provide.

Merry Christmas to all fellow GSXR Freaks and God Bless!!!

Attachments

#50 ·
I know not an oiler but, got out with a buddy on our new bikes on Saturday. Just a short ride up over Ortega Hwy 74 and stopped for lunch. Perfect weather -about 65 and not a cloud in the sky.

Gotta get the oiler done so I can get out on it!

Attachments

#52 ·
Got out for a quick 35mls today :)

got a nice supprise latter on though... whilst putting her away as the daylight was fading, I looked down as I entered the garage :wtf Is That Glow Under The Tank...

SH*T IM ON FIRE!!!

Jumped off and some frantic blowing and smothering and the flame was out PHEW. Tank had sprung a leak forward of the tap and fuel had run on to a plug.

Guess I was Lucky Today... and now I have something else to fix...

#53 ·
Wow.... That could have ended up rather poorly. That's what I call some good luck that it happened when and where it did. Nice looking bike. That's an 87 isn't it?

I didn't actually get out for a ride but it did sit on the RK at one point and made vroom, vroom sounds while taking a break from tinkering in the shop today.

#54 · (Edited)
I didn't actually get out for a ride but it did sit on the RK at one point and made vroom, vroom sounds while taking a break from tinkering in the shop today.
:lol:lol:lol

Yeah I was very lucky... yes its an 87, looks better than it goes tho :biggrin needs a bit doing chassis parts are good, engine+carbs mmmm they definitely need looking at, absolute pig to start and has an occasional missfire at idle. Going make a start on stripping her down sometime in March for a look inside the motor and a general light tidy up.

#55 ·
After reading throught this thread and hearing what people have to say about the weather, I'd like to say you are all Nancy Boys. LOL Just kidding but I should win an award for most miles in a year under the freezing mark. I'm finishing up a two year expatriate deal for our company in China before returning to Greenville, SC. While I don't have any of my GSXR's or 14 other motorcycles, I do have a Chinese motorcycle drivers license. Unfortunately most towns have a 125cc limit for motorcycles. If you rode or drove over here you would know why. So to give everyone a good laugh this morning, here is a picture of my sweet ride. I went with the 96-98 GSXR colors but it is a fuel injected Honda. China is having their coldest winter in the last 28 years and most of my morning rides into work are between 15-30F. When I leave in April I will have put 30,000 Kilometers on this beast with nothing but oil and air filter changes and one rear tire. Best $1,200 US dollars I ever spent when I bought it off the showroom floor. Top speed 62 MPH, downhill in a draft.

Attachments

#59 · (Edited)
My 07 GSXR 750 at the top of Binna Burra on the Gold Coast Hinterland, Qld Australia. On Friday, I rode from Lismore NSW, to Kyogle, to Rathdowney, Beaudesert, Canugra - Binna Burra in the Gold Coast Hinterland, Springbrook, Murwillumbah then to Lismore again. EPIC EPIC ride of twisty and straight heaven proportions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.