Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

purchased first bike 2 weeks ago

978 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  2007gsxr600 
#1 ·
04 gsxr 600 22K miles

i saw the gsxr.com site and signed up there the day i got the bike and after finding some stuff here that i couldnt find there i went ahead here to be apart of both.

i did notice the oil glass was foggy this afternoon, upon research seems normal for bikes in cold weather which WA has plenty here. but when i got home from work tonight and went back out an hour later it was foggy (again or still, didnt look on the ride home).

leaned the bike over real quick thinking it would "wash" the moisture off but no......sat on it for 5 minutes to let the warm oil sit on the glass to see if it would clear it up but still foggy. bike not running during this.

should i expect it to just be foggy since operation temp stays around 160-180 depending on how far/fast riding and rain/shine?

maintenance done: oil w/ filter, air filter, spark plugs, new low beam headlight, lubed chain, little bit of seafoam when i filled up, and just washed yesterday

i plan on doing a coolant flush this week, radiator is filled up but non in the reservoir no rush since its in the 40-50's here and temps are low but coolant did seem a little more watered down than normal.

i use to race my 07 raptor 700R GYTR and rode dirt bikes so have experience but this is my first street bike.

sorry for the loooong story.

See less See more
#5 ·
Definitely looks like water in the oil. If you've already changed the oil, a cracked head gasket is a possibility. Coolant/water and oil tend to foam up when mixed. Welcome btw!

#8 ·
Change the oil ASAP. Don't ride the bike with that much water in the oil. If the oil goes milky again then go find the guy that sold you the bike and kick him in the nuts cause he sold you his headache.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.