Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

It would be nice if........(not long)

4K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  cehowardrx7 
#1 ·
everybody that gets/owns a gixxer does a trackday or even better take one of the various race schools. When I say race schools I am not talking about the real high end ones, although that would be even better, I am talking about the race schools that cost a couple hundred bucks..

No, you don't have to race upon completion, but you do LEARN an awful lot, and you DO BECOME a BETTER and MORE SMARTER STREET RIDER..

They got race schools like Team Hammer, Ed Bargy(sp), Cornerspeed,, etc, that give you a TON OF INFORMATION on how the bike handles and more important of how YOU the owner of the bike should handle it..

In addtion it takes all the hot-dog out of newer riders. In the hot-dog I mean newer riders twist that throttle and triple digits appear quickly, and the road bends, can't tell them that they ain't riding hard!! :)

Anyway, the season is getting ready to start, and a lot of peeps and new peeps will be hitting the streets.. Even the veteran peeps that been setting up all winter, need to get some rust off, the schools will do that too, and put you on good start for the riding season..

IMO, a LOT OF LIVES would be saved if it was a requirment to own a gixxer, or any modern sportbike for that matter, that you have to take a race school..

Just the thoughts of an old geezer wishing all bikers have a safe season...:cheers

See less See more
#4 ·
Can I go on my Busa?

#13 ·
The track org I instruct for was organizing that day so we were there as well - saw a guy on a Honda Fury out on the track :lmao Had to work hard as hell but he had fun and it made him a much safer rider :thumbup

#16 ·
:lmao:lmao:lmao

#25 ·
You will be SUPRISED of how many of our brethen are un-wise when it comes to the sportbike. That is the reason we get a lot of street accidents/deaths from mishandling the sportbike, and/or not knowing what they are all about.

I cite the BRAKE poll as an indication of the know how around here on the sportbike.. :dunno

I recall when Dirty Harry came out, every Tom, Dick and Harry when and bought a 44 mag, ditto with the sportbike.. Hopefully, a lot will catch on, learn and turn into a good rider. Hopefully...:cheers

#30 ·
i was trying to break 200mph. i hit 196 and still climbing when i had to get on the brakes. that thing pulled like a freight train. and i didnt know you got a new one? what are the details?
Lol still have the '00 that you rode,its in a more *modified* state now however..I sold my K5 1K that I was riding over the summer because at my old age the riding postion was too extreme w my injuries;so I bought a leftover '09 Busa in October. I put 200mi on it&then did full Akro,PC3,1441cc w head&cams and the BST wheels should be here next week. 232rwhp&123ft/lbs on pump gas:cheers
When u wanna take it out?:biggrin

#52 ·
Here's my question... is it recommended that you do a trackday before going to a school? I had been looking at attending the California Sportbike School when they come down to VIR in May. But I don't have the money to join Team ProMo and do the school. Gimme some advice.
Since you at VIR, do Cornerspeed. IMO, you can jump right into the race school. Now, the high end race schools maybe a little different. They go up to the high order. I am talking about race schools like Team Hammer, Cornerspeed, etc. IMO, one could do them right off the start, no pre-trackday..On the price side, well you all know, the high end schools are up in the 4 figure price range..But, schools like Team Hammer, Cornerspeed, MAARC, are all in the 3 to 5 hundred range..Some might even been $250...

The main point is to take one.. you will come away enlighten, wiser, and IMO, safer..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.