Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What are your favorite mods.?

9K views 88 replies 41 participants last post by  TOEJAM 
#1 ·
Every once in a while I get carried away and just get a bunch of parts for my bike (750K6)...

Out of all the things I have done, I have to say my favorite mod. are the Driven D-Axis Rearsets, they look great, provide great feedback and made riding much more enjoyable once I found the sweet spot where I'm comfortable on the bike for extended periods of time.

What are your favorite mods. and why?

#2 ·
asv sport clutch. like butta

#3 ·
Every once in a while I get carried away and just get a bunch of parts for my bike (750K6)...

Out of all the things I have done, I have to say my favorite mod. are the Driven D-Axis Rearsets, they look great, provide great feedback and made riding much more enjoyable once I found the sweet spot where I'm comfortable on the bike for extended periods of time.

What are your favorite mods. and why?
troof. so hard to stop, spending, moneys D:

so far, bar end mirrors + led signal mirror block offs on a k5

#15 ·
#7 ·
Tires. Lots and Lots of tires. like 14 sets this year or so.

But aside from that, 25mm kit in the front and the JRI shock I had on the back at the GNF. I hope to get one permanent soon :shifty

#8 ·
Haven't really done much of anything to my 600. My Busa is a different story. The best mod I've done to it is the Brembo 19X20 along with the ASV levers. Busa's come with more go then anyone would ever need from the factory. The brakes are lacking stock, and the Brembo Did wonders. ASV levers are just a must for TRUE adjustablity.

#11 ·
how exactly does the r6 mod feel riding in the city? I know its so that you dont have to twist your whole hand for throttle, but is there really that much of a difference when riding at lower speeds?

#13 · (Edited)
The R6 throttle tube acts as a "quick action" or "quick turn" throttle.

The cam on the R6 throttle is larger so it requires less movement of your wrist to get more throttle.

I have no problems with it around town. It is not snatchy at all. It just gives it a much more imediate and direct feel.

Give it a go, it's $15.00 on ebay all day and it is literally a 5 minute install. If you end up not liking it, just change back.

#18 · (Edited)
I got the ASV's on, the Akra, pcv, autotune, got spiegler ss lines coming in, driven sprockets 520 conversion with -1/+2 and a speedodrd...

Next on the list is the Brembo RCS, not sure if I'm going to keep the ASV's or switch to the Brembo levers on both the clutch and brake.

The R6 throttle mod. is definitely something to consider...

#19 ·
too hard to narrow it down to one mod. i like all my mods
ohlins 20mm FPK piston/shim stack kit w/ohlins springs, akra shorty, vortex V2 rearsets, woodcraft 48/50mm clipons, fork cap extenders, 520 did erv -1/+2, bazzaz zafm/zfi, yosh case savers, 5mm rear shock shim, power pure tires for street, power race tires for track, vesrah pads, SS lines, brembo RCS 19x19...... i think ill stop now. lol

#22 ·
+1 on what Joe said. Tires, and lots of them. And I did a lot of modding to my own riding abilities this year thanks to a shitload of track time, so those would be the best mods imo.

#23 ·
Season is just about over for us in Toronto, gonna go for one last ride today and call it a season (8 degrees cel.)

+1 for track time, I plan on doing lots of track days next year, was on the edge of buying an 07 r6 track bike but decided against it for the time being.
Gonna do some courses and buy/build a bike more suitable for my style when I know what my style is lol...

#31 ·
R6 throttle tube was a nice improvement. It instantly makes you wonder why the bike didnt come from the factory like that. Other than that honestly my suspension revalve/setup and Pirelli Rosso Corsa's. I can run those Rosso Corsa's on the street and get great mileage out of them but at the track the offer a ton of grip and have a ton of feel! :biggrin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.