Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Bike mod’s gone wrong !?

3K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  MAMiller44 
#1 ·
Every now and then it seems like you get something in, put it on your bike and you don’t like.

You put something on that you did not like how it looked or fit. Added something that did not give you the performance increase that you wanted or worse, you get in over your head. eg: ( Engine Rebuild, Tearing down Forks...etc..)

What's your story ?

#2 ·
Nothing, I'm happy with my bike. Pretty standard except the braided brake lines and rear wheel hugger and windshield. Only mod if you can call it that was the alarm. Piece of shit would drain the battery flat over a two week period, plus false alarms. It has been disconnected, best thing I've done for all the years I've owned the bike. I never wanted to throw too much money into my bike, knowing that I'd never get it back anyway.

#5 ·
Not personal experience but I saw an engine at my friend's dealership not too long ago that the owner had FUBARed, trying to save a buck. It was an older Katana engine with screw-adjusted valve rockers. The guy had adjusted valves himself but hadn't tightened the locknuts properly so the adjuster screws backed out... Wasn't pretty :twitch

#7 ·
Heres a home-made petcock for an 750WC from one of our members...true story

Attachments

#15 ·
You're the first person I've ever seen that was unhappy with that setup. I know with my CRG's I can see much better than with my OEM mirrors & the look grew on me after a while.

#14 ·
Lot's of control clearance issues on my 2012 1000. Wish I would have gotten a 0 degree clip on opposed to the 7 degree down agile I have.

I ended up getting the Woodcraft 1 inch clip on riser kit to solve the problem, wish I would have gotten that day one.

On my 750 I hated the carbon fender I got after the OEM broke at the track.

The speedo healer I got sucks, wish I would have gotten the Healtch one instead.

#18 ·
One time I was gonna dremel off part of the brake lever so I could adjust it to where it needed to be(common k4 thing). The dremel slipped and i cut the ignition wire. Bike wouldnt even turn over.

I came back the next day and realized I had taken the battery out of my bike and I had only cut the rear brake light wire. Last time Ill ever work on my bike drunk:lmao :lmao

#23 ·
I put the motion pro revolver throttle on my bike k7 600 and it made turning the throttle really hard. I could get it so it was easy to turn like stock but then it wouldn't return when forks were turned in different directions. I just got used to it. I'll probably take it off and sell it this winter.

#26 ·
Doing a k1 tail conversion on the srad and buying a shitty carbon exhaust hanger.

Tail unit has now been restored back to original and a Harris hanger to replace that shitty one!

Aftermarket mirrors with indicators are shite!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.