Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Any rumor of a new design for the Busa?

12K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  squale147 
#1 ·
Anyone heard of any redesign rumors for the Busa? Still interested in buying one, but would hate to buy one then a year later "the next best thing" gets unveiled...

#2 · (Edited)
The first generation was near unchanged for 10 years - and even the full-on sportbikes from the Japanese manufacturers have gone from 2 to 3-4 year model cycles because of the current economy. So take a guess ;)

#3 ·
They probably won't change it until sales start to dive or Kawasaki releases a new ZX-14 or ZX-16 or whatever their next bike will be called.

Having said that, there is rumor coming from the magazines that there might be a new ZX-14 in 2012. I'd guess evolutionary and not revolutionary like ABS/traction control with "bold new graphics/colors" and maybe some new tires.

I wouldn't bother holding out for it, I really think that if it does change next year, it won't be anything too different from what we have now. And unless sales pickup quick, there won't even be a 2012 at all, just as the 2010s were skipped in the U.S. because of low sales.

#5 ·
The new 14 (now 1441 cc) has been officially launched now, doesnt appear much different to me but I dont doubt its better than every area than the previous model, it isnt a Busa thou!

Google will throw up a couple of roadtests and pics on it.

Busa wise nothing planned for 2012 and unlike the 1000's, the Busa hasnt been tinkered with quite so frequently as has been said above, its still selling well so i cant see any major change in 2012 or 2013 so if you want one, i wouldnt let that put you off.

What you really want is an original 1999 copper/silver one thou, in my un-biased opinion! lol

#13 ·
Google will throw up a couple of roadtests and pics on it.
Google doesn't do motorcycle road tests, does it? :scratch

The one thing holding me back from probably ever getting a Busa is the fact that it's a Cadillac on 2 wheels. I test rode one last summer from a local stealership and while I definitely respect the amount of power it makes, it feels like a fucking semi to ride, maybe it's just me though. If Suzuki would slim down the body of the Hayabusa, and make it resemble a 1k or something a little more I would buy one in a heartbeat. :dunno
That's the whole point of it. It's a full fairing sport tourer. Hence the GSX-1300R instead of GSX-R1300

Kawi has been talking of releasing a bike with a blower since 2009... And supposedly are thinking of releasing (not this year obviously) a bike with 1500cc and supercharged. Already have the engine and blower in a jetski. Just gotta plop it in a frame and figure out how it's not going to kill the first person to look at it funny. :D
You could call it the Squid Hunter, cuz squids would be killing themselves on it all over the place.

#6 ·
The new ZX-14 is a pretty radical departure. More aggressive fairing design, front end, rear end, bigger engine, new electronics... but IMO they still look pig-fat over the Busa (which ain't exactly skinny looking to begin with). So there's hope that Suzuki will challenge them in '12 or '13....

#7 ·
The one thing holding me back from probably ever getting a Busa is the fact that it's a Cadillac on 2 wheels. I test rode one last summer from a local stealership and while I definitely respect the amount of power it makes, it feels like a fucking semi to ride, maybe it's just me though. If Suzuki would slim down the body of the Hayabusa, and make it resemble a 1k or something a little more I would buy one in a heartbeat. :dunno

#9 ·
Have you seen the motor stuffed in there? Not sure how much slimmer they could make it really....

Throw your leg over a B-King (naked Busa) and you'll see.

#10 · (Edited)
Busas got it right with the gen 1 model in my opinion. Only thing it needs is TC and ABS to come up to par with the new liter bikes. They could add a super charger or a turbo out of the factory but anyone who is going to do that would probably want an after market anyways. These are not race bikes trying to shave 10's of a second off lap times they are sport crusers or starter drag bikes.

Oh and they could go from a inline to a V and tighent it up consideralby. There is still quite a bit of room between the fuel rail and the fuel pump. but that would lead to a whole host of problems and power loss.

#12 ·
Kawi has been talking of releasing a bike with a blower since 2009... And supposedly are thinking of releasing (not this year obviously) a bike with 1500cc and supercharged. Already have the engine and blower in a jetski. Just gotta plop it in a frame and figure out how it's not going to kill the first person to look at it funny. :D

I would love to see the busa up the ante and do say... 1452 and call it a GSX1500R.

I'm still happy with my '06 Burgundy and black, but if they did something radical like that I'd upgrade. :)

#15 ·
i dont think that they will put up a gen 3 any time soon becouse of the markit and the 1000 is will be coming up for a make over before the busa..i dont think suzuki needs to do anything yet becouse the gen 2 is a great bike...i loe mine..

#17 ·
Not at all!

#19 ·
Gen III to be released end of 2013... this years new model offers Brembo brakes as a stop gap... Suzuki working on a ZZR1400 beater (sorry ZX-14 for you yanks :))....

Heard from the mouth of a suzuki dealer who told me to hold off buying the 2013 as the next one is supposed to be a "bit special"... so it'll need 200+ bhp, Brembo's, another god-awful looking exhaust, plenty of windtunnel tested fairing blades.. and go like stink.. so expect "B mode" to match the ZZR1400 bhp as we got with the GenII when it first came out (164bhp in B mode vs 163 TOTAL for the then ZZR1400). Apparently it'll be the fastest accelerating production bike ever.. reclaiming ground lost on the BMW. PS Same dealer told me not to buy a GenI when there wasn't an announcement about the GenII at the time.. so no reason to doubt him!!!

Cant friggin wait!!

Jza

#20 ·
I think your dealer friend is pulling your leg, i heard directly from Suzuki marketing , in person, there isnt a new total re-designed Busa on the drawing board, this re-fresh will have to do for 2 years..."new" Busa 2015 at the earliest I was told..

Happy to be proven wrong this time next year thou!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.