Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSXR750 Limited Edition Dry Clutch and Transmission

10K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  hondac71 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Yup I know, but I was informed by more then one Eu - friend that they could not bid i.e. living in Belgium or NL. So only few countries were listed in Eu that had the oportunity to bid on it. I would have bid from Germany but Owner Lance was contacted and he had it changed ...
when the new add showed up it had an open end, what I can understand ...
I was already wondering in the first place why on earth nobody bought it ... because of missing plates costing a fortune ?! I think so ...
anyway the bidding stopped at US$ 700,- and then I decided to start ... rest is known ... received the original high-pix pic's today :drool

impression ...

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
I wish i would have seen that...it would still be residing on this side of the pond....

Nice score for sure .... I'm mad at myself for missing it ... that was perfect for my B-12 powered retro build .....

I know you will make good use of it though!!

#20 ·
yep thats the answer its to see the leval when the engine is running mostley used in endurance racing as they have to top the engine up with oil in the race and can see when the bike comes in how much is needed.

#23 ·
wonder why somebody cut the cable holder part of the cover,,,how is the cable supposed to be used now,,,i guess it will need to use the traditional actuator from the sprocket side,,,i have the race kit version of thise cover with NO cable holder,,,i cant seem to find pictures of the actuator they used from the sprocket side,,unless they used the stock stuff,,anyone have pictures maybe,,,

#24 ·
It uses the stock 1127 hydrualic actuator and pushrods .....

Quote from the auction;

" I never purchased the cable actuator parts as I built this up for a GSXR1100 motor.
This is set up to use the Hydraulic actuator and push rod from the left side of the bike.
Only parts needed to complete it are the discs"

#26 ·
so the early 85 kit dry clutch did NOT have a kit actuator of any kind???i ask because i have a brand new kit dry clutch cover from the first 85 dry clutches,,and the parts for the common sprocket side actuator,,but tought suzuki would have a kit actuator of some kind instead of the regular hydraulic ones,,,like my early SRad dry clutches have a really cool looking mechannical actuator,,,

#28 · (Edited)
Hmmm Im also in the camp that wishes Id see that auction.
Ive been searching for a LOOONG time for some of these bits.
Question though, for you in the know, do you have pictures of the hyd. setup described?
HD53 perhaps I can ask a favor...
Finding a score like yours has been near impossible.
Ive been searching for listing of the common & specific parts of this clutch kit for some time but have come up DRY (pun intended).
The cast part(s) your stuck with finding the OE pieces, but many of the parts could be crafted
IF I HAD the DIMENSIONS!
As a machinist by trade I know I can make this stuff, but Id need the specific parts necessary to take exacting dimensions from. Unless you have the time tools & ability?

#29 ·
The bits will most certainly land / end up in a nice trackbike ... some more ringling & rattling for fans ears ... again some earlier shown pics of 2 of the fastest 86-1100 6-speed GSX-R's wet clutch on the European continent

Attachments

#32 ·
Rec'd this message from former DC Assy owner

Hans-

I have located a scanned copy of photo of my bike while in Germany.

L****

I would not have had any problem riding this bike, the correct colors ! :biggrin

I think attachment is opening ok ...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.