Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Newbie here... Noob Question :)

3K views 58 replies 17 participants last post by  Samantha750 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I just recently bought an 07 Black GSXR 600. Last night I was cleaning the bike I found something quite odd IMO. I'm not sure if the bike comes like that normally or something is wrong with it. I also did some research but found nothing, so I figured I might give you guys a try. The problem is that when I set the bike at the STRAIGHT position, the handlebar and the steering damper (I think that's a correct word for it) are not PARALLEL with each others. Is this normal for our bikes? Should I be worry? :dunno

I also have a picture below, please let me know.
Thank you.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You have got to be kidding me.... :facepalm

Remember when your teacher said there is no such thing as a stupid question? She lied. :spit

Yes..that is perfectly normal. The steering damper has no need or reason to be parrallel with your handlebar...

Example:

Attachments

#10 ·
Any chance this is your first bike? :biggrin

#28 ·
#19 · (Edited)
Yes.. I do. I didn't call him stupid. The question was stupid. He got his answer, yet you want to pick a fight over the internet about the way I responded.

I even used this smiley " :spit " in the response to tone it down a bit...so why don't you get the hell over it.

I am done responding to you as of now.

#20 ·
I don't think you can ask a stupid question about a vehicle that can carry you over 150mph and possibly kill you. Only stupid question is the unasked question. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
I will have to agree with njyork42. These kind of questions are alarming! Maybe his response was a little brutal, but The agression develops knowing that these same people could be coming up behind you one day at a high rate of speed. Scares me. Just knowing that a manual would be last on the list of things to do. Riding becomes secondary. I think some of you would agree!

#26 ·
Where have I spoken like an uneducated person? I slip up from time to time, especially while typing fast on a forum, but my grammar isn't that bad. Please look at your response. The sentence should have been structured as follows: "You have all of those degrees, but you still type as if you were uneducated. That's sad."

I hope English is your second language. I won't even begin to correct your original post. It is beyond butchered.

#30 ·
-NOoB thread in the 600 forum..check
-quickly expands to two pages in 24hrs...check
-lulz at the nOoBies expense....check
-nOoBie gets butthurt immediately...check
-fighting amongst members...check

Ok,I checked the thread&everything seems normal in the 600/750 forum. Carry on gentlemen/Sam

#32 ·
:lmao

#42 ·
Still waiting ya dumbfuck,or are you busy looking at your damper trying to figure out how it is supposed to look? Take the cock out of your mouth so we can finish this in a proper manner,Im getting bored

#44 ·
Meh,hes another internet pussy who got butthurt and ran away. Fuckin '12s:dissapointed
Or maybe he's checking to see if his damper is fucked up

#50 · (Edited)
I honestly think this dumbfuck didnt realize who he was trying to insult until it was too late.
Oh well,thats #11 on my ban list for today. I wonder if I can make it an even dozen before I sign off for the night?:shifty

#52 ·
I didnt sign off yet....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.