Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My '00 600 build

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  kizza 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Well i bought my first GSXR a few weeks ago as im planning to pass my test at the begining of next year. Im big on bikes and have been riding and working on them from a small age.

i bought it already streetfighter'd.

at the moment the only thing i have changed is the headlight. you might be thinking whats the point in buying a streetfighter just to re-do everything but i picked the bike up relatively cheap. here are some pics as it stands now.

im just about to go out and finish mounting the headlight properly and start to strip the back end off as i have a k1 coming in tomorrow to have the back ends swapped around :)

will upload more pics as i go along

any comments/constructive criticism welcome :)

p.s. sorry about the bad spelling ive got quite bad dyslexia

See less See more
#4 ·
That half fairing really evens the bike out imo. The big tail and big tank look more balanced with something on the bottom. Looks nice.

#6 ·
That's funny. In on my phone and couldn't see him until I zoomed out.

#8 ·
Haha thats my old man in the background,

I was in two minds about doing the k series tail conversion but i really like the back end on the k1 so ive decided to go for it, got her all stripped down tonight and got my mates k1 coming up tomorrow.

Heres a few progress pics although there not great as im squashed into a single garage

Im slowly gathering a list of little bits i want to service/do as i go along :)
Will hopefully have some updates after i get the k1 tomorrow :)

#9 ·
You do realise is not a bolt on upgrade the k1 subframe will need to be cut and welded!

#10 ·
Yeah i know theres some fabrication involved, more so with the k1 thats having my srad subframe as i've got to make that fit and then make some stunt pegs for the guy

#17 ·
I'm laughing!

#18 ·
Yeah have looked at a few different styles of bar end mirrors as the ones that are on it are ugly, not sure which to go for yet so suggestions are welcome

#19 ·
Crg mirrors are nice quality. Small enough to look good but still provide a good view.

#20 ·
been in the garage today and made a start on fitting the SRAD subframe to the K series. Heres a couple of pics.

its looking a little jacked up at the mo as its propped in place with a peace of wood, just waiting for my mate to come round and see what sort of ride hight he wants.

as for the progress with mine heres a few pics of the k series subframe and fairing.

both need a little work which i will hopefully get done this week so i can crack on with the conversion (getting everything welded up at the same time next weekend)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.