Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Last race weekend of the year

955 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  senator8 
#1 ·
Well, this last weekend I did my first National event and last round of the year.The plan was to have my BMW ready for this, but funds and timing just did not happen. So I ran the SRAD, with all the newer bikes and some of the fastest riders & bikes in the country. To say I was a little nervous would be an understatement.
I of course was at the back, and had an absolute ball. Dropped 3 secs of my best time and was only just over 10% outside of the fastest (1:54s were the podium times) riders and machines.
Riding a much slower (the speed difference on the straight was ridiculous) bike taught me a lot and made me have to be faster.

PfxU6lVBtqE&feature=

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Chris. I literally couldn't have done it without you :)
Yes, bit sad, but it's getting hotter now and old overweight guys like me get tired. Looking forward to next year and to finding a bit more horsepower.

#4 ·
Ah great....some more footage.

Will have a look later.....

#6 ·
In the early hours of the morning when you should be sleeping?

Cracking...despite having the BMW its good to see you have a soft spot for the SRAD.
Thanks mate. Yes, I definitely have a soft spot for the SRAD. I fully intend to keep racing it, but just with bikes it's own age where it is doing quite well given it's novice rider :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.