Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

I need serious HELP

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Ken7-1000 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
#11 ·
That sound made me cringe, hopefully you didn't run it very long like that. Interested to see what would make that nasty noise.

#12 ·
That's what I was thinking when I watched it, I kept thinking shut it off!!!

#14 ·
Dude thats a valve hitting the top of one of the pistons or two. Don't run it anymore you'll make things worse. The valve job is one thing but having to replace a piston head is another

#15 ·
What Blazen said. Spooling it up while it's not healthy can take it from a moderately hard fix to a hard one- one that involves Plastigauge.

Don't run a hurt engine, describe it with words instead of filming it. The extra time it may take to diagnose the problem could save you hundreds of dollars and hours of knuckle scraping. Imagine it as if it were a living thing- if it has a limp, why would you make it do sprints?

#16 ·
I'm suggesting a spat valve shim or a broken valve spring also. Some of the other suggestions are possible here too. Send it to a shop and have them do a compression test on the motor and some inspection of the CCT and the top end....and stop running it; cuz idiots do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.