Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

5X8 Trailer

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  sam.ye 
#1 ·
Will two gixxer fit side by side in an elclosed trailer that measures 5X8 inside?

When I say fit will there be enough room to get up to front to attach the canon dancers with both bikes in?

#2 ·
It will be close, but i am 90% sure it is possible. But you will have to run the inside strap almost straight down/forward (instead of at a good angle).

I have a 6x10 open trailer that i use for taking the bikes for servicing etc when im not taking the toy hauler. I can fit them both, but they are really close. I think there is enough room that if the trailer was 1' skinnier, they would still fit. But you will likely have to stagger them. I think it will be so close that if you pull the both up to the front, the clip-ons will hit.

I know i can fit 3 bikes side x side x side in the trailer of my TH and it is 10' wide...and there is room to spare. But the bikes are staggered. The middle one is about 8" further forward than the outside 2.

You will have to put them as close to the side as possible. Meaning the outside clip-on will likely stick out over the outside of the trailer (watch the bodywork).

Once one bike is in there, it will be better if 2 people load the 2nd one. One guy pushing from the back while the other guy is on the outside of the trailer walking beside it. Or you could ride it in there, but it will be close and you will have to climb off on the outside of the trailer.

I would put several, several straps on there. Because of the angle of the front, the bikes wont be as secure as they would be with just 1 in there. I would secure the outside of the bike to the outside rail and then strap the 2 bike together by the inside of the swingarms.

#3 · (Edited)
I agree,its going to be very tight but *may* work. I have a 6x10 enclosed and its a tight fit strapping 2 bikes into that,Id imagine 5x8 would be a real pain

#4 ·
TJ, its an enclosed trailer.................but good advice for my open 5x8 :punk

#5 ·
Probably not room for canyon dancers, unless you are really skinny and can squeeze by both bikes. It is TIGHT.

I fit 2 bikes in my 5X10, but only with pitbull trailer restraints, and the second bike has to be the last thing put in the trailer.

I do put my track bike and my dirt bike in there with room to squeeze by.

You can do it, but expect to have to climb over the bike after you strap it down.

Here is a pic of mine by itself in my 5X10 all the way to one side.

#8 ·
:stupid

I dont see a 5x8 Enclosed even being possible unless you use the PB-TRS like Rich has. It would take some serious climbing.

I would hold out for a 6 or even better, 7' wide one.

#10 ·
I must be doing something wrong since I have been squeezing 2 bikes in my
5x8 enclosed since 2009.:scratch I have the condor wheel chocks in the
front. I ride the bikes in one a time. The front end is locked, no need for
canyon dancers or any straps. I just strap down the rear. I have 2 straps
per bike, ALL pulling towards the front. I have never dropped a bike in the
trailer. The bikes don't touch nor do they touch the walls of the trailer. I
hang the leathers on the wall and put the canopy in the middle between the bikes. The gas cans, tool bag, GDC grill, etc all fit. The rest of the stuff
goes in the tow vechicle. Most of the time I am hauling 2 bikes to the track.
I rarely go alone with one bike. I wish I had of gotten a 6x10.

Attachments

#13 ·
Honestly once you have an enclosed you are crazy not to go with the pit bull restraints those things are frigging pimpin:fact

Makes life so much easier. They will be the first thing I buy once my buddy gets an enclosed trailer

#16 ·
I have never tried it but I am going to say no. For a couple reasons.

One: I don't believe the trailer is built to handle the weight of three sport-bikes

Two: sport bikes are fat and the trailers similar to what was posted that I have seen in person simply did not have enough room between the rails to fit three

Third: Even if you managed to get all three strapping would become an issue due to limited space between bikes.

You could however put two bikes on the trailer and the third in the back of a truck or just find a different trailer lol

#21 ·
I have a 4x8 open it fits 2 bikes but only since its open i wouldn't be able to strap 2 bikes to it if it was enclosed. I'm hopping to move up to an enclosed in the next couple years and when i do it'll prob be a 7x12 i don't want to bs on squeezing to bikes in i want it to be easy and roomy which is the whole point of getting an enclosed trailer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.