Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Any one have a transitional helmet shield??

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Ceiling Cat 
#1 ·
There are two different ones that I just started looking at. I kinda just want to buy the shield rather then buying the whole helmet.

I don't have a lot of time looking up threads/posts so if I missed some on here just copy and paste the link and don't bitch about it why I didn't do a search LOL.

Akuma Tint on Demand Visor

Or: Bell Helmet Transition Photochromatic Shield

#2 ·
I had one with the company Marushin. It was awesome, since I never had to change visors when commuting to school and back and meeting up with the whole crew to mingle for the evenings.
Dark Smoke isn't as dark tinted as a simple dark visor but it comes pretty close to that tint.

I didn't know that Bell started those visors too. Shoei refused when Akuma first released that visor.

Problem is, every helmet and even within a brand, visors are different in curve, length and height. You really need to buy that helmet that will fit the visor.

#3 ·
Yeah you would think that some company would at least make an after market shield that would at least fit the top five helmet brands..

Hey I was looking at the profile pick. Yellow bike.... Same as me. Its hard to find a helmet to match our color of bikes. I have a yellow/black Scorpion EXO 400 now but I really want the Scorpion EXO 1100 (This one has the built in shades) Maybe I'll just get flat black...

#8 ·
Yes, you can still buy Akuma direct. I loved mine, but it's an odd fit, the chinbar is realllllly close.

Anyway.. yes, I use the Bell Transitions shield and it works fantastic. It looks more like a medium-dark, but even in noonday sun in Miami, I feel totally comfortable and don't squint. Best money I've spent.

The Bell Transitions fits the Star, RS-1, Revolver and Vortex lids, so you have plenty of options.

#10 ·
i borrowed a buddies transitions lens for my star and i really liked it. not as dark as my dark tint, but it was comfortable. it changes to dark rather fast, but going back to clear takes a little longer i think. Is it worth 120? not in my opinion as a always have a pack of some sort so i can just buy a tint lense and swap them out. but thats my personal opinion.

#13 ·
webbikeworld compares the two photochromatic shields out there today. take a look @ their review. pretty much helped me make my decision to get the bell

#16 ·
I have the Bell shield.... the only issue is right at sunrise/sunset. The shield darkens based off the amount of UV. The early morning/late evening ( as far as sun is concerned ) are the times with the least amount of UV. You get almost no tint at all and the sun can be blinding.

During the daytime? No issues. It's dark. :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.