Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

267K views 10K replies 57 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·
This bud's for you, Bart.

#3,987 ·
What is confusing?
I was referring to you asking me if was talking about a driver's license. I was reminding of our topic big guy :thumbup

He said it would be hard to get a gun to keep in his house. Last I checked that is still federally protected under the second amendment.

And your communist state does make it hard to CARRY a gun I gather (which is some complete bullshit but another discussion altogether), but I dont get how it could be hard to get one for the house (assuming you are not a felon, certifiably crazy or anything like that).
I agree wholeheartedly. But in NJ it really can be difficult. Any blemish on your record brings delays if not a flat out denial. That's why i had my wife get the GUN license...not a driver's license ;)

The rules are so draconian that to even transport the gun, it must be in a locked case, in the trunk, and you MUST be on your way to the range or gun smith. If they catch you on the way to the mall or some shit, you're fucked. Oh and you can only buy ONE handgun per permit but you can buy as many "long" guns as you like...shotguns, rifles, and all that shit is all you can eat. But a 9mm handgun...ONE. As if i can't conceal a shotgun in a big coat :dunno

Just what we need, the whole population walking around with guns.

Mutually
Assured
Destruction

....on a small scale albeit
no so. My neighbor moved up from down south and he says everyone carries and it's never a problem. He says, imagine knowing that if you pull out, 10 other people on the street are carrying to. Kinda makes you think twice about pulling out in the first place...I see his point.

#3,989 ·
no so. My neighbor moved up from down south and he says everyone carries and it's never a problem. He says, imagine knowing that if you pull out, 10 other people on the street are carrying to. Kinda makes you think twice about pulling out in the first place...I see his point.

I woulndt say "everyone" But a lot do :lmao

And so far, not ONCE has a legally owned and concealed firearm been used in a crime in any of my surrounding states last I checked.

The closest so far is the Zimmerman-Martin case, and that is still yet to be seen.

#3,988 ·
Just what we need, the whole population walking around with guns.
Absolutely we do. :thumbup.

Criminals have them regardless. Legally owned guns have been proven to be a deterrent to criminals. Criminals are pussies. they dont want their victims to fight back.

I was referring to you asking me if was talking about a driver's license. I was reminding of our topic big guy :thumbup
I know what the topic was, but how can you have your wife buy a gun for you? That is what was confusing... and I dont have to have any special license (other than ID AKA drivers license) to have a gun. Just to CARRY a gun. [/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. But in NJ it really can be difficult. Any blemish on your record brings delays if not a flat out denial. That's why i had my wife get the GUN license...not a driver's license ;)[/quote] which is confusing as fuck to a guy who lives in an area where all states require to buy a gun is you to be an adult, and meet federal requirements for identification and the federal NICS.

A special license just to have a gun in your HOUSE is fucking ridiculous.
The rules are so draconian that to even transport the gun, it must be in a locked case, in the trunk, and you MUST be on your way to the range or gun smith. If they catch you on the way to the mall or some shit, you're fucked. Oh and you can only buy ONE handgun per permit but you can buy as many "long" guns as you like...shotguns, rifles, and all that shit is all you can eat. But a 9mm handgun...ONE. As if i can't conceal a shotgun in a big coat :dunno
NY/NJ area :piss

#3,986 ·
A friend of mine got his gun permit recently, and after I fire off some more models and am ready to buy I might get something. It's not that hard, but it takes a long time and things may not always go smoothly.

I don't understand it. Illegal guns cause more problems than legal guns, so why limit the legal gun purchase so heavily?

#3,991 ·
sucks to be you :D

I want a gun? Can I pass NICS (federal background check)? Yes... then i buy one. I walk out in as long as it takes to checkout. I want ammo? I dont need anything other than to prove I am an adult. I want to carry a handgun? I go to the courthouse and fill out some paperwork, fingerprints and pay $50. permit is back in a week.

Do I need to protect myself in my house or my vehicle? Castle law protects us all criminally AND civilly (no sue by the bad guys).

The only time we MIGHT be sued in a defensive gun usage is in "public". Outside our place of business, home or car. But even then as long as an average person would justifiably feel in grave danger, it will be legal.

Hell, you want to buy my gun? As long as I dont know that you are a criminal I can sell it to you with a bill of sale written on a napkin if I want to :lmao.

#3,992 ·
My cousin owns a gas station that he leases out in the town that I live in. He was just telling me that NJ is supplied by 2 major refineries. One in (or near) Philly that supplies south Jersey and another that is in Jersey that supplies north Jersey. That's the one that apparently got flooded and why NNJ has run dry. apparently that refinery just got power back up today so things should slowly start getting better. He said by Wed he thinks things should relatively back to normal.

#3,993 ·
I just spoke to my friend who lives on S.I., she said the same exact thing as you Bart. The news is keeping a lid on how bad it REALLY is there. All the people dead and still missing.

There's a new inlet that cut through Mantoloking, hmmmph.

#3,994 ·
HOLY SHIT! That is unbelievable! SO many people must have lost so much. I did see on abc's website an interview with a poor woman who lost her little girl down there. They painted a pretty grim picture. I spoke to a friend in South Jersey who lost her house to flooding and she talked about two houses on her block EXPLODING, body bags left and right, and boats in the middle of the street. I hope that nor'easter doesn't hit...

#3,996 ·
Saw those pics on a site someone linked up the other day. It had a bunch of them where you could move your mouse and it would show the before and after. Sad stuff

#3,997 · (Edited)
Got a complete new head coming off a street bike w/ 1000 miles. That should be good enough to rebuild with I think. And the price was good enough that its cheaper than if I bought all new valves/springs/retainers/seals etc.

Once these come in I'll give a ring to Markbilt I guess and see about bringing this stuff down to him and have him tear it down, clean, prep and rebuild with possibly the thinner head gasket and cam sprockets........when I'm done if you want my old head to play around with Rich (port/polish, Serdi etc) let me know. Also I still have the injectors sitting around so when you have some more sets pulled to do a batch let me know.

Also got a set of pistons and con-rods. Seller said very low mileage and by the looks of the crowns and skirts it does look like these are pretty fresh. But I'll go ahead and order a set of fresh rings.

#4,004 ·
Got a complete new head coming off a street bike w/ 1000 miles. That should be good enough to rebuild with I think. And the price was good enough that its cheaper than if I bought all new valves/springs/retainers/seals etc.

Once these come in I'll give a ring to Markbilt I guess and see about bringing this stuff down to him and have him tear it down, clean, prep and rebuild with possibly the thinner head gasket and cam sprockets........when I'm done if you want my old head to play around with Rich (port/polish, Serdi etc) let me know. Also I still have the injectors sitting around so when you have some more sets pulled to do a batch let me know.

Also got a set of pistons and con-rods. Seller said very low mileage and by the looks of the crowns and skirts it does look like these are pretty fresh. But I'll go ahead and order a set of fresh rings.

Still will also need Big end bearings. They are sized to the crank. they are not one size fits all. :cheers

#4,000 ·
I was happily surprised too, but I felt around all inside the cylinder and the walls were perfectly smooth. So hopefully it just need a flex-hone to deglaze them and then good to go. I'm sure if there is a problem Mark will tell me, but looking at it and feeling around in there there didn't seem to be any scratches or gouges.

#4,001 ·
#4,003 ·
Just sat in line for 30 mins for gas. Not too bad.

It looks like Younger has decided to pick up where he left off about his CCS exploits last year...
That's the original article. Doesn't say anything about a return...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.