Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New Rider from Cincinnati, OH k6 600

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Spress 
#1 ·
Hey all, I've been hanging around this site for quite some time. This is the first bike/motorcycle (which ever you go by) that I've ever owned/ridden. I've never even driven a manual car before hand, but so far so good. I've had it since about November last year and currently have put about 4,500 miles on it.

Only thing I've done different is a M4 shorty slip on and a pc III, and so far I've had to replace the battery, stator, and r/r which I've done myself, and of course oil changes. All thanks to you guys on easy instructions. Parents would never let me get a dirt bike or motorcycle:hammer, so now that I can afford one its the best thing ever. Just stopping by to introduce myself.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the jungle bro. Looking good,get the passenger mounts powder coated black for a fresh new look. Also, get some kind of crash protection on her asap. Most of all do not get sucked in to acting like an ass hat on the street.Solid bike though, i had a k7 600 last year and really liked it.Good luck and be safe out there.

#7 ·
Thanks all, and your right probably not the smartest first choice, I've had a couple heart dropping moments but luckily made all the right choices to save myself lol. Other than that yea I plan on getting some protection for the bike over the winter. As well as fixing some cosmetic scratches and the dent in the tank where the crease is that we're there when I picked it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.