Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

post up pics of ur 04-05 gsx-r600/750s!!!

899K views 5K replies 1K participants last post by  Widowmaker04 
#1 ·
ill start...

05' suzuki gsx-r600

See less See more
#3,327 ·
Yeah and how good did it feel to get those scars? I lost a third of the skin on my arm and a good chunk out of my knee cuz I thought it was "to hot for gear" And if you're wearing a sweatshirt why can't you just wear a jacket instead:dunno Learning the hard way isn't as cool as you're making it out to be. But whatever. This is supposed to be a PICTURE thread. Lets keep the debates somewhere else(like the squid farm):thumbup

#3,329 · (Edited)
i'm not a gear nazi at all, just don't want a fellow rider to end up in the hospital or dead.

just be careful is all im saying
This.

It's just some friendly advice / suggestion. but of course to each, his own. At the end of the day, none of us are going to suffer the consequences of your actions but you. I've seen enough carnage on the street to know that it isn't a bright idea to leave the garage w/o some proper gear. Call me a Nazi or a panzy but I like having my skin, just the way it is.

Getting back on topic....can't remember if I posted but here's an old one:

#3,334 ·
honestly, chinese characters on a bike looks just as awkward as a shitty overdone tattoo

you might as well have put "black dragon" in english. see how corny that sounds?

#3,332 · (Edited)
Kennyvze2vtnd that is a good looking bike! How do you like your yoshi exhaust? I was thinking about getting that exact model. I have asked several other people on this site but just trying to get several opinions.

I had quick question that hopefully somebody can answer. I really like the blue tail on the anniverasry series like the bike above. The previous owner of my bike scratched the tail up and just did a cheap paint job. It seriously looks like he used white-out:biggrin So I was curious how hard/cost it would be to paint the tail section? Also I think the shade of blue on my tank is differen't than the anniversary edidtion. Any idea where I could get the paint codes? Thanks for the help and keep the bike pictures coming. A lot of them look really good!

Edit: errr now that I think of the lower fairing on my bike has a different blue than the tank. Trying to think which shade I woulde use without making the bike look funny.

#3,337 · (Edited)
The Yoshi not only sounds really good but it gave my bike a burst when compared to the stock . It is loud enough so that people can hear you (unlike a stock) and low enough so that it wont wake the entire neighborhood (like a d&d). It also has an aggressive idle.

As far as your bike and the paint...I'd suggest that you figure which blue you like better (between the tank and the fairing). Then try to match the colors from there. I prefer the darker shade of blue on your tank. But if you can afford to paint the entire bike, you should go for it. I love the single color bikes. When they are well taken care of, they really stand out.

#3,340 ·
Ok here is my bike. As you can see the tail doesn't have any decals and is a bit scuffed on the right side. If you look on page 166 of this thread I have some pics of it. It probably would look best if it's the same blue as on the tank. Yeah I have checked colorrite but have heard mixed opinions about them. Any opinions would be great.

Another random question. How can you tell the diffrence between an 04/05 600? I know the 05 has some slight engine changes but any diffrence in bodywork? I was also curious since the tag on the frame say manufactured in 11/04. I assuming that just means the bike was assembled in 04 and sold in 05. :dunno I am just checking since on my title it says 05. Oh and my bike is a Ca model if that make any difference.

Attachments

#3,341 ·
If I were to repaint the whole bike I would love to use the same blue that my ninja 250 had. Not a great picture since the lighting is dark. The ninja 250 used candy plasma blue and I like that blue more than the gsxr blue.

Attachments

#3,343 ·
@nyana

the main differences between the 04-05s was the bodywork.

the 04's had a like 'zig zag' if you will, type of decal.
Your tail came white, but it just seems that someone took of the '600' decal.

If you wanted too re-paint your gsxr one solid color, also look into decals as well.

Would loook super clean

#3,345 ·
^^ that siggy gif has me rollin :lmao

#3,348 ·
I gave it some thought and I think I would just paint the tail the same blue as the tank. That way the different blues balance out without one dominating the other.

Has anyone used paint from somewhere else besides colorrite? If I have the paint codes could a local place mix it up for me? :dunno Sorry I am not an expert on auto paint.

My last two questions are how do I obtain decals just for the tail and are the fairings made out of abs? I need to do a abs glue/weld job on the bottom fairing where a several inch crack is.
Thanks for the help and I wish you luck in 2012!;)

#3,349 ·
I gave it some thought and I think I would just paint the tail the same blue as the tank. That way the different blues balance out without one dominating the other.

Has anyone used paint from somewhere else besides colorrite? If I have the paint codes could a local place mix it up for me? :dunno Sorry I am not an expert on auto paint.

My last two questions are how do I obtain decals just for the tail and are the fairings made out of abs? I need to do a abs glue/weld job on the bottom fairing where a several inch crack is.
Thanks for the help and I wish you luck in 2012!;)
Yes, I have. Yes a local place could mix it for you with the codes.

You can get decals frome tapeworks.com. Yes the fairings are. You can glue it or you can use a plastic welder or even a soddering iron and a piece of spare plastic to melt the fairings back together and then a bit of body filler and some sanding to make it smooth... Or you can use fiberglass, body filler, and sanding. The fiberglass is the strongest choice, but messy.

:cheers

#3,356 ·
Can't tell how much I like clean looking, stock bikes :thumbup
I'm reading this thread and I see so many good and really clean bikes. meanwhile, it's been more than a year and I've never posted my bike's pics cause I thought it looks awful in comparison, it's not that clean. So should I or shouldn't?:scratch

#3,367 ·
Do it or gtfo:lol
As I promised, but either my camera is crappy or I don't know how to take good pics. meet my clunker:

so those were pics there she doesn't look too bad, but you can already see the scratches and small dent on the gas tank:

when I bought her, her front fairing was repainted with not really matching paint, so I bought some twisted, cracked fairing off the ebay for cheap and with an aid of heat gun and fiberglass, ghetto-repaired it:

right turn signal tabs were missing, so I tried to repair them with ABS cement, but they broke down very soon, I'll try to fix it by welding some pieces of ABS roll. For now, I live with this:

Anyhow, we managed to get about 11kmiles this year, which of course is not a lot at all, wish I could have ridden her more during the last 2-3 months. So there she stands with roughly 20kmiles:

I know that grips have to go, rim stripes might not be the most suitable color and applied kinda messy, so they'd have to go too. i was thinking about replacing scratched right fairing decals, but both oem and tapeworks prices are kinda expensive. any cheap chinese sources for oem-like decals? I'm open to your suggestions.
btw, although it's an offtop, how much do you think I can expect to get for it selling it in LA?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.