Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

The new whip

8K views 113 replies 27 participants last post by  tinsnips 
#1 ·
Picked her up today. She's amazing! Scared me a little when the front end popped up without expecting, definitely more wheelie prone then the ole 750. I'm in love.

See less See more
#8 ·
thanks dude! its a nice change over the inline so far and the sound is unbelievable!

#15 · (Edited)
chicken strips on a street bike are good. you should see mine. the duc gods are NOT crying, because this is typical of any streetbike.

nice bike man, but ffs, go buy gear. once you crash that thing and it slides on top of your ankle, you will grind your leg away.

edit- now that i look more, it does look like this is not its original paintjob.

#17 · (Edited)
What makes u think its not the original paint. Lol u come and look at this bike for urself and ull think differently. The paint finish feels 100 times better then the ole 750. Speculating from a picture is not always a accurate way to do it

EDIT: And just to evaluate the legitimacy of your opinion, how familiar are you even with the ducati red paint jobs?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#18 ·
EDIT: And just to evaluate the legitimacy of your opinion, how familiar are you even with the ducati red paint jobs?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
a hell of a lot more familiar than you are to proper gear, or turns.

the paint looks like different hues on the right side fairing.

#30 ·
Aside from the good and the bad comments written here, I congratulate you on a new Ducati, and heres why.

First off yes they are more expensive, and that sucks, but they get more respect from cagers on the road and in parking lots. Far less likely to come back to your Duc knocked over by some idiot. Not sure why exactly but they do carry a different perception with the general public...

As far as handling, power, etc.... It likes corners like a well sorted r6, and the engine feels like no i4 sportbike ever. It simply isn't as good. It doesn't feel super well engineered or super smooth like the i4s. It does not flawlessly accelerate to a certain speed without you noticing it. You feel every gurgle and every pulse as it pushes you there. It is a much more visceral experience, and for some that equals more fun.

About the only downside I see to Ducati ownership is the more frequent maintenance intervals! And higher cost of OEM parts!

So it's a trade off. Congrats, and hopefully I too will soon be able to own one as well. Still I will always love the smooth engineered feeling of a well sorted gixxer, but unless I'm at a track day, it just isn't as fun.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#32 ·
dead on, absolutely what i was feeling with the short amount on the bike so far. it is a totally different experience, and i love it.

#50 ·
yup dude, totally have nothing else better to do than photoshop a title to try and trick you guys that i own a ducati, you found me out.
So Mr Curcio of 8142 W Berwyn Avenue, Check back tomorrow to see how many gay websites you've been signed up for, you stupid boy.

Don't post personal details on a public website, you are asking for trouble.

Fuck what these guys think, don't be baited into this shit, remove the picture and just enjoy riding your multi coloured Duc.

BTW is your phone number still (773) 693 0776?
uhh, no? that was the previous owner

#61 ·
thanks dude!
Usually I don't chime in on this shit but really? Don't people have anything better to do other than shit talk on this forum? I'm pretty sure at least every other post I look at has some loser talking shit.if you have a house,3 car garage, and 3 bikes then you must be a"grown up"? But instead you try to single some one out on a bike you prickly just can't afford our have this opinion about them from a story you herd?well guesses what they are still in business and sell there bikes for almost double a Suzuki or Honda? But you know what your opinion counts they must be a pos and I believe it just cuz you say.so grow the Fuck up and get a life

Btw nice duc bro I'm jealous

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
thanks man, dont worry about all the haters, they seem to be abundant here lol

#56 ·
this shan't end well.

OP, it is best if you stop posting. this is not a personal dig. your short fuse coupled with your naïveté could end up hurting you. just go for a ride, and be happy with your purchase. :cheers

#57 ·
Usually I don't chime in on this shit but really? Don't people have anything better to do other than shit talk on this forum? I'm pretty sure at least every other post I look at has some loser talking shit.if you have a house,3 car garage, and 3 bikes then you must be a"grown up"? But instead you try to single some one out on a bike you prickly just can't afford our have this opinion about them from a story you herd?well guesses what they are still in business and sell there bikes for almost double a Suzuki or Honda? But you know what your opinion counts they must be a pos and I believe it just cuz you say.so grow the Fuck up and get a life

Btw nice duc bro I'm jealous

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#69 ·
Im with everyone that says paint job. The tank you say was replaced under warranty. The tank is what id call ducati red. The fairings are not. Also the 848/1198 decals are missing. I dont see why anyone would remove those on purpose other then to respray.

Other then that, if i still rode on the road id probably have one of these or an RSV4, nice bike, just enjoy it.

#71 ·
The 848 sticker is just a plain sticker, the 1098 and 1198 are clear coated over.

In his defense it does seen to be the crazy to have the clean look 848 with sticker removed, possibly to make it look like the bigger brother bike since all are identical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.