Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

R/R and/or Stator Issues- AGAIN

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Aria 
#1 ·
Alright so as most of us know, gsxrs have been having issues with the r/r going bad....
Ive replaced my R/R 3 times now, and am also on my 2nd stator.
The first time I replaced my r/r I didnt do the stator as well... hence the 3rd r/r and 2nd stator.

I replaced the r/r and stator at the same time in January this year. Since then, I have had no problems or glitches! Until a week ago...
I was on the freeway, when the bike cut out on me, then turned back on. This time around I thought it was something different because I fixed the r/r issue.
Basically, I took the tank off, and pump out... found my strainer pretty dirty and filled with metal shavings. I replaced it! put it all back together... (since I thought the strainer was the problem this time around)
Took my bike out for a spin, see if everything was ok... NO! turned off, and back on again. This time, it killed my Lo Beam.
Now I havent even begun to look at ANYTHING... but I can almost bet my fuse for my lo beam is blown.

Question is: Since I have replaced my r/r and stator already, that issue should be done and over with now, right?? Is there something that would cause my r/r and or stator to KEEP going out??

I will be testing both of the units soon to see if they're bad... and replacing them since I have a warranty. But I dont want to be doing this again!
I'll also be looking at my coils, as a couple people have suggested, to see if those are good or not.
Any other suggestions guys?
And PLEASE do not tell me to check my damn kickstand sensor! :hammer

Bike is coming up on 40k (k7 600)
I know I need a valve adjustment...
Just cleaned out my air filter, and new NGK Iridium spark plugs. Oil change is needed as well.

See less See more
#8 ·
YES!!!!

I did NOT replace it with an OEM r/r
and I did NOT put it back in the same place.

I have MOSFET as the new r/r (which is what Suzuki has been replacing the old bad r/r with since they did the recalls)

I mounted it in the same place as DemonRR

#14 ·
My kickstand was loose
It wasn't the sensor, but the actual kickstand itself.

The end of the kickstand that attaches to the bracket on the bike, one of the edges had been ground down pretty bad. So when the kickstand was up, it was super loose. So any bumps, changing gears, or nothing at all, while riding it would cause the kickstand to go down just enough to trigger the sensor.

Easy! and rediculous

#15 ·
I remember when you first posted this and I thought "sounds like the kickstand sensor" but you said not to tell you about it so I didn't.

I'm not that smart, just have read a number of symptoms like your's and that was the problem. Even just oiling the kickstand pivot can fix things. (and it is amazing how much better it works :)

Glad you found the solution.

#17 ·
Yes, because the last time I had all these same problems and it was my R/R and Stator, when everyone kept telling me it was my kickstand...
This time it flipped on me.
I apologize, it was just after my last experience of no one listening to me, I didn't want to be hastled again.

Like I said as well though, it wasn't the sensor... My sensor is fine.
There's no need to remove it.
It was my ACTUAL kickstand. It needed to be replaced because it was getting to be extremely difficult to put down because of how worn the edges were. As well as it being so loose when it was in the upright position it was hitting my chain... which isn't too good for both the stand and the chain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.