Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Miss September -I'm through to finals & need YOUR vote !

4K views 36 replies 34 participants last post by  SLVR1 
#1 ·
Hello again my GDC brothers :)

I've let you know that i've entered my bike into a competition organised by a UK bike insurer to find Britains top bike builders . With your help , carrying me through the first and second stages of voting , i made it through to the final 12 :biggrin

My bike is on the Built in Britain stand at the Motorcycle Live show at the National Exhibition Centre here in the UK

It's lined up with the other 11 finalists

• 1962 AJS 7R Racer (Concours Restoration)
  • 2011 'Dunkley-Harton' - a HD engined , Featherbed framed cafe racer
  • 2009 Barbarian , custom framed naked bike with an MT-01 engine ( some fantastic engineering in this one )
  • 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B (Concours Restoration)
  • 1991 Suzuki RGV250 - super trick race replica
  • 2012 Peregrine - Yamaha OW16 replica
  • 1949 Vincent Rapide C (Concours Restoration)
  • 1998 Buel engined / Featherbed framed cafe racer
  • 2006 Triumph Daytona based streetfighter
  • 1954 BSA Bantam trail bike
  • 1971 HD based chopper
We are all featured in the 2013 Calendar , which they are giving away at the show . It appears that i am 'Miss September' lol :yumyum

So , now we're at the final stage ! . The person 'crowned' as Britain's best bike builder will win £1000 cash + £1000 of professional tools :punk and there are some good runner up prizes too ! The show going public get to vote by filling a card in and posting it in the ballot box .

but YOU guys can register a vote for me in this final stage by clicking THIS LINK

You may vote for 1 bike in the finals. To vote click on the Your Vote check box by my bike, then scroll to the bottom of the page enter your name and e-mail address and click cast votes.

Tick the check boxes and you'll avoid any spam.

I was feeling a little bit guilty about my forum requests for votes until i met the other finalists at the show - They're all bloody at it lol ! one i spoke to had orchestrated a full on 'internet campaign' ! lol . So as far as I'm concerned - the gloves are off ! , This is your chance to help a GDC brother out and vote for me - please share the post & links on other forums that you may use , share it on your facebook page or by email to your buddies ! - anywhere that may help claw a few extra votes in - they all count and every little helps !

Voting by internet is open until January 31st 2013 , but lets strike whilst the irons hot and do it now ! this wont take more then a few clicks , and i'd really appreciate your help :)

Thanks again guys - You Rock ! :punk

Lee

See less See more
#32 ·
Thanks for the votes guys ! , the bike seemed to go down well at the bike show with plenty of folk looking at it - i just hope they were voting !

The online vote is open right up until the end of January , so plenty of time to squeeze some more votes in - it'd be great for an Oil Cooled Gixxer to win this comp , or even be placed in the top 3 - previous years have virtually always been won by a classic brit bikes.

Besides the kudos of winning such a competition, i could really use the tools on offer - you can never have enough tools right ? lol :dunno

#33 ·
I voted for the RGV!

Not really but would've had I not had a gun to my head being told to vote for UK Lee!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.