Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Help

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  njyork42 
#1 ·
does anyone know how aftermarket fiberglass fairings hold up on normal riding, Im riding an 06 GSXR 1000

#5 ·
I've used fiberglass fairings on my track weapons. The durability has always been dependent on the quality of the paint job. The thicker the paint layers the more sturdy the fairings will be.
That's one hell of a theory. If that was the case, my track bodywork would never break.

#13 ·
Your responses were just plain wrong and moronic.

The paint does.NOT add any usable rigidity to the bodywork.

Mounting it properly does.

#14 ·
So think about your question for a minute. Corvettes bodies were are made from fiberglass granted they are thicker but they hold up great also boats for that matter . A lot of race bike use fiberglass . It's cheaper than Carbon fiber and easy to fix . I have a fiberglass tail section on my bike instead of the stock plastic and it fine . Eventually I plan on replacing my upper and lowers with Sharkskinz street glass . My right side lower got cracked from when I was hit by a dog a couple of years ago. :lmao:lmao I fiberglassed the inside of the fairing until I can replace them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.