Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gixxer that wont keep runner

673 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JSargent52 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 600 gixxer and it sat for several months without running. At the time it was running ok it has always ran a little rough at slow seed. I charged the battery and went for a ride. I got her up to running temp and took the choke off and gave a twist of the throttle and it died. So I put the choke back on and road a bit and then turned it off again and at the first stop it died again. I drained the tank cleaned the fuel filter and filled it up with fresh fuel and no change. I am wondering if I am headed in the right direction with the fuel system or can someone tell me if it sounds like something else.

#3 ·
^^ What he said. Very typical of clogged jets in your carb. I'm guessing you didn't treat your gas before it sat?

#4 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the k1 fuel injected and not carbed?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Sorry, I just googled it, it is injected, I was thinking it still had carbs. It sure sounds like a fuel issue. Have you ever cleaned the filter sock in the tank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.